[program]DPS Calc + compare PC + Mac compatable (new version 0.0.6 1/8/2012)

Seems to be a great application although I seem to be either having an issue with the app or air itself. When ever I select Witch Doctor from the Skills list it causes the image on the far right side which has the gear in it to become a broken image. I have tried numerous things to try to get it to revert back to normal and the image to come back but I have to close and re-open the application to get it to work again.

What version of Adobe AIR are you using if this is not happening to you?

Also I can still click on the boxes where the gear would be to enter stats, etc just can't see the boxes at all. (Image attached).
    ATTACHMENTS
    • swl
    Great job!!!! Congratz!!! With a very nice look but it needs fixes.

The calculator gives more dps then my real barbarian dps.

Keep going your good work!

Regards
    Quote from RPP15

Great job!!!! Congratz!!! With a very nice look but it needs fixes.

The calculator gives more dps then my real barbarian dps.

Keep going your good work!

Regards

Thanks for your input, could you provide a little more information.

What is the dps difference, are you dual-wielding anything you can think of so we can maybe replicate the problem you are having
    Quote from AlmostEpic89

Seems to be a great application although I seem to be either having an issue with the app or air itself. When ever I select Witch Doctor from the Skills list it causes the image on the far right side which has the gear in it to become a broken image. I have tried numerous things to try to get it to revert back to normal and the image to come back but I have to close and re-open the application to get it to work again.

Also I can still click on the boxes where the gear would be to enter stats, etc just can't see the boxes at all. (Image attached).

firstly... nice windows theme :)

secondly, this is not something i have whitnessed it certanly works ok for me, i'll try play around with it to replicate what your experiancing.
    Quote from AlmostEpic89

It is a issue I never realised existed with Adobe Air,

To resolve, download: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=q7i0q9ku5gafi0i
    And place the image in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SWL\assets\Charlayouts

Sorry for that :( stupid Air!
    Quote from thebold

Quote from AlmostEpic89

It is a issue I never realised existed with Adobe Air,

To resolve, download: http://www.mediafire...q7i0q9ku5gafi0i
    And place the image in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SWL\assets\Charlayouts

Sorry for that :( stupid Air!

Hey thanks a bunch for the quick response, that fix worked perfectly :)
    when will you be adding sharp shooter for demon hunters. should be rather easy, just 100% crit
    We will be adding this soon, however we believe its very situational and looking for an innovative way to display the information
    i think sharpshooter is a staple passive that a majority of all demon hunters use, so its pretty important to include in a dps calculator
    i dont now what i do wrong but my dps turn out as NaN
    It looks like you guys are onto something great here! If you are at all interested in working on a web based version, I think I could really help you guys out. Let me know!
    Not sure if I'm not using the app correctly or the item compare is a bit bugged. I entered my stats and the DPS calculation was spot on at 33076.14. I was looking to upgrade my weapon from a wand to a mace and the difference shown on the item compare window was 6556. Figured it was a good buy so I spent ~4mil. Loaded it up in game and my damage went up to ~34300 when the item compare made it seem as though it would go up 6556. Am I using the item compare wrong? Just waisted 4 mil.
    Quote from Nogas

Not sure if I'm not using the app correctly or the item compare is a bit bugged. I entered my stats and the DPS calculation was spot on at 33076.14. I was looking to upgrade my weapon from a wand to a mace and the difference shown on the item compare window was 6556. Figured it was a good buy so I spent ~4mil. Loaded it up in game and my damage went up to ~34300 when the item compare made it seem as though it would go up 6556. Am I using the item compare wrong? Just waisted 4 mil.

Would you please email me your saved xml with the same figures, I want to look into what happened, the calculations are not going to be exact however several thousand dps difference is quite major.
    I tried a PM to you but it would not send. Since I don't know your email, I just uploaded the xml to Google Docs.

Here is the saved xml: https://docs.google....RTMxdWgwVGd4NVE

Here's my original weapon: http://i.imgur.com/v5LSs.png

This is the upgrade weapon: http://i.imgur.com/MzCab.png
    Quote from Nogas

I tried a PM to you but it would not send. Since I don't know your email, I just uploaded the xml to Google Docs.

Here is the saved xml: https://docs.google....RTMxdWgwVGd4NVE

Here's my original weapon: http://i.imgur.com/v5LSs.png

This is the upgrade weapon: http://i.imgur.com/MzCab.png

I have just put your data into the app, without changing anything the mace gives you a calculated 898.94 damage. Which when i put it on your character makes your DPS 34240.5 (Your starting dps you mentioned on the forum was also different) I will assume this represents your in game number?

o and my Email is on the little ? mark thing :P
    Quote from thebold

I have just put your data into the app, without changing anything the mace gives you a calculated 898.94 damage. Which when i put it on your character makes your DPS 34240.5 (Your starting dps you mentioned on the forum was also different) I will assume this represents your in game number?

I was going by the green number below the compared weapon. What does this number mean? Since it wasn't labeled, I figured this would be the difference in DPS if you equiped compare weapon intead. This is where I was getting the 6k figure from.
    Quote from Nogas

Quote from thebold

I was going by the green number below the compared weapon. What does this number mean? Since it wasn't labeled, I figured this would be the difference in DPS if you equiped compare weapon intead. This is where I was getting the 6k figure from.

With your data if you set the compare panel tool's weapon to a wand this shows you to have a increase by 6558.45, Is that where you got the 6k number from?

Can I also confirm you are using 0.0.4 version with the merc support, 0.0.3 had a Weapon AS bug that would of taken your wand weapons AS to do the compare with... this could also been the issue?
    I'm %100 positive I chose Mace as the campare weapon type. However, I'm unsure of which version I was using as I used it at work and I am now home. I redownloaded it and tried it again, and now I'm getting the correct numbers. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for the help as well. The program is very nice and helpful (if idiots like myself make sure to use the latest release)
    Quote from Nogas

I'm %100 positive I chose Mace as the campare weapon type. However, I'm unsure of which version I was using as I used it at work and I am now home. I redownloaded it and tried it again, and now I'm getting the correct numbers. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for the help as well. The program is very nice and helpful (if idiots like myself make sure to use the latest release)

No problem, However I am actually sorry you had lost so much money with that stupid mistake of mine! It wasn't until this morning when a person from Brazil emailed me and made myself aware of the issue... :/ *feel bad about that*, since releasing the build some 6 hours ago this has received nearly 2k downloads !
    I have added on Post #2 some ideas from you guys and ourselves that you would like to see in the future that we are defiantly looking into! can't promise anything but we will defiantly look into everything that is suggested!

We have been also throwing around a lot of other very very nice ideas which we hope to see in the near future... Stay tuned! :)

After receiving a few e-mails and in game invites, if you prefer not to make an account on this forum or even if you have an account, please feel free to e-mail or add me in game for a chat.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes