Will Wizard's farm rate dominate the rest of us?

I don't think it's a matter of which class can destroy quicker, because... once you're in the higher difficulties NM, Hell and Inferno, the mobs will be so powerful you will need to play 'intelligently' to farm and progress without getting your face bitten off.

Even if the Wiz has higher dmg output hypothetically, if you are not smart enough to evade and survive... you will die ALOT and be much slower at farming/progress.

Too many people seem to gauge their opinions on what they have seen.. which is 1/3 act 1.. in beta mode.
    Like they said recently.. YOU WILL DIE, WE PROMISE.

Brains will win in the end. Not braun.
    Quote from NemesisXlll

I don't think it's a matter of which class can destroy quicker, because... once you're in the higher difficulties NM, Hell and Inferno, the mobs will be so powerful you will need to play 'intelligently' to farm and progress without getting your face bitten off.

Even if the Wiz has higher dmg output hypothetically, if you are not smart enough to evade and survive... you will die ALOT and be much slower at farming/progress.

Too many people seem to gauge their opinions on what they have seen.. which is 1/3 act 1.. in beta mode.
    Like they said recently.. YOU WILL DIE, WE PROMISE.

Brains will win in the end. Not braun.

Huh? Do u not know anything about theory crafting? When we theorize the best class it's assumed the player behind it is the best possible. Because it's all in theory. Theoretically this could be the best build if used right... Bla bla. The best player will always win if he has a decent build but were talking about cookie cutter builds that will allow the easiest quickest farming if used right
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    If you have a good group its all the same
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    I honestly think Monk or WD will be the strongest Inferno farmers.

If dodge can get anywhere near 50%, Monks will toss on Mantra of Evasion, and be unhittable by melee mobs, and farm melee packs. Ontop of this with their AMAZING tanking abilities(reduce all enemies damage by 60%?! Transfer crit into Dodge?! Mantra of Evasion?! 50k heal, 16k heal, 12k heal, movement speed buff, etc) I feel they will be the paladins of Diablo 3.

That being said, WD with their control, pets, and outright power, I feel they will be really good as well. DH and Wiz have their place as well.

I hate barbarian, don't even care how they turn out.
    Quote from Spythe

Yeah I don't see there being a certain "farm" class especially with the rune system being able to adjust your kills accordingly. And both the Monk and Barb have some healing skills to help for farming.

you can do a barb tank in d3
    http://us.battle.net...bTXU!bVc!aaZccb
    On topic now:
    analyzing the small inferno footage, it looks like the mobs won't be easilly killed, so that means with MF gear -> less damage -> more kiting time -> more chance to find other monster before killing the previous mob -> more chance to die
    the melee dudes don't have this problem.
    I think classes will really be balanced, and don't think there will be too much advantage for any, i mean depending on your playstyle you'll proly find some classes more substitute for yourself, but in general don't think Wiz will be better then any other for Inferno grinding. At least looks to me like that looking/comparing skills strength.
    Not even death can save you from me
    I don't think that Wizards will be the best choice for farming. I remember myself farming TC 85 areas with my barb since all enemies were frost immune so I couldn't farm them with my Blizzard-Sorc (+ it was fun grinding baals tower fighting thousands of souls for example :D ) It's true that you don't have to focus on 1 element now but the Barb will most likely have more hitpoints and defensive stats than the wizard.
    As blizzard trys to balance a lot I think that they will just do fine with that problem either :)
    So don't think that it will be impossible. Maybe you will be able to grind enemies no wizard would dare to engage! ;)
    Ranged in general yes Mage no i think ranged classes will still be the best choice for farming. As stated in other posts the simple matter that they dont need to go into the toe-to-toe fight makes them able to focus more on mf and dmg rather than on surviveability.
    But thats only what im guessing noone of us can know for sure ;>
    Hah this was a november 2011 thread
    Clearly something not taking damage has an advantage with sacrificing defensive stats for magic find, but it does seem that items will have quite a variety of attributes on them and perhaps not a lot of sacrificing is actually going to take place.
    Perhaps only in gems will this be the case.

Quote from Skeeks

I don't think that Wizards will be the best choice for farming. I remember myself farming TC 85 areas with my barb since all enemies were frost immune so I couldn't farm them with my Blizzard-Sorc (+ it was fun grinding baals tower fighting thousands of souls for example :D ) It's true that you don't have to focus on 1 element now but the Barb will most likely have more hitpoints and defensive stats than the wizard.
    As blizzard trys to balance a lot I think that they will just do fine with that problem either :)
    So don't think that it will be impossible. Maybe you will be able to grind enemies no wizard would dare to engage! ;)

What enemy wouldn't a wiz fight that a barb would? A barb is no better tank then a wizard when they gear and use spells to be so, take a good look at the skill calc. It's very hard to hurt a wiz with enduring diamond skin and force energy armor. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#XkYTVQ!Ubg!bZZZYc how much damage do you see this taking? You could probably get away with this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#XkYTVQ!Ybd!bZZZYc with the mitigation of those two skills alone.

Also, why would you not take both the Barb an the wizard to the same run?
    You've got the barbs 50% damage reduction and stuns while the wiz freezes slows and blows everything up.
    The ideas mentioned here have me at a new concern. I am no longer worried that there will be cookie cutter builds, or classes. I am now worried there are going to be cookie cutter zones within Inferno that will have the highest Gold or magic item per unit of time compared to the rest. After all, ONE (for whatever reason, closeness to waypoint, amount of mobs for AoE, less resist, more reward) zone or area will be better
    Farm Builds not Farm Class's like someone else said earlier, will be the future of this game, not one particular class.
    Quote from foote04

Farm Builds not Farm Class's like someone else said earlier, will be the future of this game, not one particular class.

very true. but at this rate after the stupid patch 13 buff to arcane orb it seems like an insta-win button that should be great through the entire game and make the wizard the best at farming and getting through the game.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes