High Heavens enemies?

As for now all the Evils will be gone after we get our hands on Diablo 3.So what is left for us to fight The angels?!Cause in the book of Cain there has been a lot of hints that wel clash with the high heavens.Or will there be new enimies after all the burning hells and high heavens are only the two major worlds created by the worldstone(which means there are others).And also do u think that the title will be changed maybe to World of Sanctuary. no “I agree with this.” alone
    I hope that a role of Lilith and Inarius is not over yet and we'll see them in future. Maybe even events of D3 is just some game of Lilith. Or maybe Inarius has escaped from Burning Hells and want to revenge High Hevens...
    Sorry for bad English ^_^'
    There are storys about corrupted angels. That you maybe have to fight. But there are no confirms yet. I am not gonna talk about to much spoilers here. The player will visite many areas in the game.
    I think the black soulstone is the key to our future enemies.
    Azmodan pretty much said Sanctuary is done if he gets it. There have been theories of Angel/Demon-fusion through the black soulstone or perhaps melting the evils together... (*cough* seven headed dragon *cough*) And we might not kill Imperius when Valor becomes Wrath, so there is another badass puppeteer for future plots and ballerisms...
    About the possiblity of corrupted angels. We have Malthael who has been gone for some time. So the possiblity of him recruiting say an army of corrupted or mislead angels could be a good possibility. Or when we kill the new diablo, there could be a chance that the remnants of evil contained within could spread to the angels or their artifacts. Since there is the connection between demons and angels through Anu before he cast all evil out of himself. Doesnt seem like it would be too hard for artifcacts such as the Crystal Arch to be turned evil, since we've already since a representation of this in the Corrupted Worldstone. Who knows what kind of abomination would spew forth from the Arch after it being turned evil.
    SInce you've read the book of cain, re-read the first prophecy. Hopefully you can make more sense of it than I have.

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
    As justice falls upon the world of men.
    Valor shall turn to wrath
    And hope will be swallowed by despair.
    Death at last shall spread its wings over all
    As fate lies shattered forever."

This is obviously talking about mainly the angels, and at least some primes if not the dragon itself (seeing as how it has wings, unless that's imperius or a demon/angel hybrid? I'm going with a partial dragon Tathemet though, maybe with an angel or two for lunch). However, while it explains a lot of what happens (through datamining etc) it doesn't not reveal the specifics so there is still quite a bit of grey.

I'd say one thing is obvious, the story will involve heaven and hell is making some advances in the eternal conflict around the end of act 3 and in act 4.

If I had to take a guess- first we have to save sanctuary from the evils and prove our worth to those in heaven who will give the nephalem a chance and prove Tyrael correct, then in the expansions imperius/inarius stir up some trouble and.. who really knows. Somehow I expect the eternal conflict will come to a close.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    I hope that we see baal again to be completely honest. He's a good character and shouldnt be forever lost. I thought this new prime evil was him until someone told me otherwise. Hes nice to have around because he looks like mr waternoose from monsters inc
    Yeah i agree Baal was my favourite character and it would be nice to have lots of links with the old games and adds to the lore
    I always thought Mephisto was the most badass myself. I mean being the brilliant tactician he is it'd be kinda anti-climactic if he was the first to be captured, twice, and that's it.

However remember that vision of leah's where Azmodan talks about his brothers being tricked/trapped... We may not see too much of waternoose (or whatnot).
    Quote from Kodachii

SInce you've read the book of cain, re-read the first prophecy. Hopefully you can make more sense of it than I have.

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
    As justice falls upon the world of men.
    Valor shall turn to wrath
    And hope will be swallowed by despair.
    Death at last shall spread its wings over all
    As fate lies shattered forever."

This is obviously talking about mainly the angels, and at least some primes if not the dragon itself (seeing as how it has wings, unless that's imperius or a demon/angel hybrid? I'm going with a partial dragon Tathemet though, maybe with an angel or two for lunch). However, while it explains a lot of what happens (through datamining etc) it doesn't not reveal the specifics so there is still quite a bit of grey.

I'd say one thing is obvious, the story will involve heaven and hell is making some advances in the eternal conflict around the end of act 3 and in act 4.

If I had to take a guess- first we have to save sanctuary from the evils and prove our worth to those in heaven who will give the nephalem a chance and prove Tyrael correct, then in the expansions imperius/inarius stir up some trouble and.. who really knows. Somehow I expect the eternal conflict will come to a close.

This may be taking about a specific angle. LIke Imperius the archangle of Valor. and the angel of wisdom Malthael. The angel fallen to earth may be Tyrael
    What it may be saying is that if all the angels fall calmity will come forth.
    Exactly, though that doesn't tell us exactly what happens. The bit about Tyrael appears fairly obvious, and we get that Imperius is mad as heck and will be involved to one end or another- but we don't know if he betrays the council/makes a pact with the evils, or just takes the destruction of nephalem into his own hands or is corrupted himself.

IIRC, Despair is Aazmodan? and Death may be a version of the dragon, as it then even goes to say it spreads its wings. However Auriel or whomever is the angel of hope may become swallowed by the black soulstone (diablo)and those could be the wings too?

I feel like understanding this prophecy comes hand in hand with understanding the main story of the entire first game, with Kulle etc aside.
    Yea, i agree that the "Death shall spread its wings" part would most likely be a reincarnated version of Tathamet. Also the Hope falling to despair may not be Archangel of Hope but rather Al'maiesh, the cord of Hope. Also Azmodan isnt Despair, hes sin, Despair would fall closer in line with Andariel. Another thing about the Death shall spread its wings, i doubt it but, it could also be Trag'oul.
    Why we talk about corrupted angels.They don't have to be corrupted to be enemies of Sanctuary.With the Prime Evils gone angels can change their minds about mankind and become an enemy.Imperius is clearly against humans,maybe at some point in the story he sways some of the other archangels to his cause.Of course Tyrael is againts that and a war may break out between the forces of the High Heavens.I am just saying in theory that we may have to fight angels in the future instead of demons which is a nice turnaround to the story.All this happens after the events of d3 ofc.
    I assume there will always be a demon ready to step up to the plate should the Prime Evils somehow be permanently ended.

About the angels, im personally convinced that after 2 games of demons getting the pointy end of the stick, the Balance demands the odds are evened.
    I havent read the sin war, but did Inarius die? from all that i could find, Mephisto took him to hell and tortured him. If he is still alive somehow, i could see him as a future enemy. He could somehow have escaped and could have become twisted and looking to humans as vengeance and possibly show up in heaven and recruit other likeminded angels to his cause.
    I remember a year or two ago of rumors that we would fight corrupted Angels or something to that extent. We have been to Hell so many times It would make sense to finally go in the other direction.

The lesser Evil are always in the waiting.
    As told by Blizzard, High Heavens isn't a bunch of good guys that work with each other. They are all powerfull Angels were each Angel has different views on things. Once ( and if ) we can finish of the Demons and when the common enemy is gone, I sense there will be tearing in the High Council of the High Heavens aswell.

When Blizzard told about the personalities of these 5 angels, it seemed to me that 1 or maybe even 2 of them comepletely disprove Nephalem and Sanctuary. Once ( and again ,if ) the Burning Hells are gone, the council will probably fight over wether or not to eliminate the possible treath from Sanctuary. Since what kept them together, the common treath of the Burning Hells, will be gone ( or close to gone ).

We will probably fight until all of Burning Hells and High Heavens are gone and Tyrael is left as the sole survivor of both sides ( other members of the High Heavens destroyed during the civil war ) and becomes the supreme ruler of Sanctuary.
    That was exaclty my point,but i have the feeling that something very bad will happen to Tyrael.
    What makes you think that? Other than *spoiler*

Tryael has a datamined portrait where his armor is missing or something, combined with the fact that in the prophecy it is said "justice shall fall upon the world of men".
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes