Time has come to vote out the best Diablo!

Poll: What is the best Diablo game that has been released up to this p

The Best Diablo Game

What is the best Diablo game that has been released up to this p - Single Choice

• Diablo 3 14.3%
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction 68.6%
  • Diablo 2 11.4%
  • Diablo: Hellfire 0%
  • Diablo 5.7%
    Well since some time passed since Diablo 3 release... we all know what happened. Let's hear the community voice.

My vote definitely goes to original Diablo 2 - The expansion introduced nothing more than 800x600 resolution, same applies for Diablo 3 at some degree (no more ladder, easy level up, boring "end game", easy hardcore, boring skill system and many more flaws).
    [Real Money Auction House] DISGUSTING ITEM!
    - 1 to all skills
    why? diablo III is still a big beta, with chances to improve considerably in future patches, not to mention expansions...

so far, LOD was best game altogether. but i'm nor going to vote yet

instead, i'll vote for best storyline:
    1) diablo 1 (dark fantasy at it's best)
    2) diablo 2 (a close call, only tad worse)
    3) diablo 3 (hardly a dark fantasy at all, lots of lore faults and deus et machinas (diablo appearance - why? wasn't he massing army in hell when his soulstone was destroyed? or it doesn't matter? or he was even then planned to have soulstone crushed, and then, when 6th and 7th lesser evil - a fit opponents, considering other villains - magda/adria - decide to invade), but also some interesting future storylines - Shen/Zolltun/Baal/vizsjai (whatever) line, and boring scoundrel/lead/adria line). we shall wait an see...
    4) LOD (here we go to full deus ex machina, a suddenly feminine Baal seeks some stone who is guarded by some barbarians and crucial for some reason)
    5) hellfire (fighting diablo's servant - well, more pitiful even than 6th and 7th greatest evil)
    A proud and fearless leader and only member of the "Save the Diablo III" project
    I have been a game designer, modder and balancer. Link below is to my blog, where i discuss flaws of this game and offering solutions.
    YOU can help this cause by sharing a link in your signature! Please do, if you like my ideas

http://savediablo3.wix.com/diablo3#!home/mainPage
    Why does Diablo 2:lod still just feel better than Diablo 3, maybe it's the cookie cutter builds making everything easy even for noobs.
    D2 is just fun and D3 is not that fun for me.
    Diablo 2 just has a certain feel to it. Diablo 3 doesn't give me that same feel.
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    Quote from Lt. Venom

Diablo 2 just has a certain feel to it. Diablo 3 doesn't give me that same feel.

I agree with you! And, as i've said on a previous post about a different argument, it's just a matter of opinion.
    Quote from Lt. Venom

I agree with you! And, as i've said on a previous post about a different argument, it's just a matter of opinion. Doesn't mean D3 is bad.

Now, in topic:

I haven't played D1 so maybe my vote is misinformed. However D2 (LoD or just regular) is, by far, my favourite game of all times. Therefore, for me, it's the best :)
    D1 will always be my favorite. It will always surpass D2 in my eyes.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Even though Diablo 3 has pretty good graphics, I would still go for diablo 2 LOD. the gameplay feel and storyline overall is better. Also, Diablo 3 has many cliches, has too easy of a level up system, the gameplay is too easy.

So in other words ... Diablo LOD, FTW!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes