Any '1v1' dominating class?

I personally see the Monk being a very strong candidate to dominate the other classes in a 1v1, but what do you guys think?

I understand this may not be a major part of the game, but I was very much into 1v1's in Diablo 2/LoD
    I really think the Barb or Wiz will dominate in the PvP. Of course any class can win and depending on the team builds but the barb and wiz seem the most straight forward dmg dealers and for how important dmg is in this type of pvp, I see them as the front runners.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

There is no 1v1 in D3. At the start there will not be PVP at all, it will be added later and features a 4v4 arena style mode.
    you will be able to do 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. There is even talk about 2v1 and other custom matches. but yes, it will not be in release.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

Quote from bigamie

There is no 1v1 in D3. At the start there will not be PVP at all, it will be added later and features a 4v4 arena style mode.

Oh? I knew that there would be no PvP at launch but I wasn't aware that there'd be no way of 1v1ing. Thank you very much for letting me know
    Same ideals with Scyber, those two will be upfront damage dealers. Personally the wizard will be weaker in the sense of physical armour and close quarters combat and will probably be picked off easily in a 1v1, when used carelessly. I think the barbs will be the strongest, but ineffective use of cool-downs and fury degeneration, as well as being heavily kited will prove as his weakness.

I feel that the monk class, will be indeed powerful, but not as, and use more of an evasive, wear-and-tear approach. Having the approach of wasting the opponents cooldowns, doing quick bursts of damage, and being highly mobile. I personally will be leaning towards the monk for PvP as well as PvE, for now.

Witch doctor, as I played it so far in the beta, seems incredibly effective, and its cool-downs are remarkable. I'm curious how it will play in arena when it's released since it is indeed a unique class

Thoughts on DH are voided since I don't know much and played little on it.
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Quote from ScyberDragon

you will be able to do 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. There is even talk about 2v1 and other custom matches. but yes, it will not be in release.

Oh I see, that makes more sense to me. I couldn't see them only having a 4v4. Thank you
    Quote from CuddleParty

I personally see the Monk being a very strong candidate to dominate the other classes in a 1v1, but what do you guys think?

I understand this may not be a major part of the game, but I was very much into 1v1's in Diablo 2/LoD

I see monk more of a survivability hardcore character, i think barbarian and wizards will dominate the pvp scene.
    Quote from ScyberDragon

Got a quote for this?
    TT
    I think Monk will be a really strong 1v1 class, with his heals, immunity shield, respawn on death and great mobility. His damage isn't as great as other classes (if he uses the abilites mentioned for suvivability) but I think it will be good enough to down anyone in a duel.
    Quote from Makesh

I think Monk will be a really strong 1v1 class, with his heals, immunity shield, respawn on death and great mobility. His damage isn't as great as other classes (if he uses the abilites mentioned for suvivability) but I think it will be good enough to down anyone in a duel.

Agreed, especially after watching this video http://www.diablofan...-blizzcon-2011/ . The monk seems really great at closing a gap very fast and putting pressure on other players.

Conversely, I think that the demon hunter will be awesome in the arena as well because of skills like evasive fire, hungering arrow, and vault. Monk -> close the distance, DH -> keep the distance.
    So I just watched that video. Seems the Monk is very good at self healing rapidly, closing gaps and snaring/stunning his victim.
    That guy tunnel visioned alot and just chased one player - but it seemed to work.
    He was tanking most heavy duty spells just by hitting and regaining life via spirit spent.
    It seemed great but, we don't know that gear the other guys have and if this guy has been pvping as Monk for a while and the other people have just had 1-2 games.

However, all in all.. it did seem pwn.

Thanks Aranoch for the sig!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes