Bugged Furious charge skill killed my 60 inferno Barbarian

I have 3 deaths now on record one of em @ 60 and you get used it ;) the grief stages go faster and faster.
    Good to hear you are back in the race! I still have some leveling items if you want from my current alive Barbie if you want?
    Just add Veromor#1285 if your intrested! :)
    Sometimes my niece asks for a cookie after I clearly tell her she cant have a cookie.
    Quote from Verowar

I have 3 deaths now on record one of em @ 60 and you get used it ;) the grief stages go faster and faster.
    Good to hear you are back in the race! I still have some leveling items if you want from my current alive Barbie if you want?
    Just add Veromor#1285 if your intrested! :)

Thanks for the offer mate but it won't be necessary ;) already close to 50 and lots of good items in stash from now on

Quote from terwilliger3000

Sometimes my niece asks for a cookie after I clearly tell her she cant have a cookie.

Same thing with me and my previous browser! Btw can i have a cookie?
    Oh My God.

Blizzard is so bad, they couldn't provide me energy and prevent me from unexepted events.

I was playing the other day you know, and suddenly, my PC turned OFF! Yes my battery just get owned by reality. This ain't fair, if life got so many bugs and exploits as: invisible short circuits, floods, disasters, death, internet downtime; there should be no Hardcore Mode at all!!

And no, i can't read the agreement I'm accepting when creating HC Character - it's too long and too obvious to read.
    I've encountered the same bug on my lvl 47 monk on hc on siegebreaker. I'm not exactly sure how the charge spell is called again though. I've send a report to blizzard and they answered me they would investigate the issue. So it's not only a barb problem. Currently rocking on my lvl 60 hc barb.

Although i would like to mention I wouldn't ask blizzard to revive my character. We clearly agreed to the terms of service when creating a heroic character. Everybody that plays hardcore loses atleast once character due bug or server connection problems. It's something you have to deal with, it sucks, I know. I've lost about 4/6 hc characters due game freeze/bug and server connection problems. It's something you have to get over with and go on with the game :-)
    Quote from StratoFoxglove

My sympathies, it sucks losing a hardcore character under any circumstance, but especially so when the fault didn't lie on your part.

However the terms regarding hardcore characters stands that they will not be revived for any reason (save for your account being compromised).

So just suck it up and get back into the game, you'll feel better.

Quote from Wuthlessbwoy

Quote from Lefto

Quote from Acemore

Honestly, you all knew this when you created a hardcore character, that is unless you missed the huge warning popping up on screen clearly stating that Blizzard will never restore your HC character back from death no matter what.

This is the way it's been since D2, no matter if players died to game bugs, server lags, PK exploits or faulty game mechanics. Playing hardcore means you sign up for this. Don't like it? Don't play it.

You like the idea of hardcore, but not how it's handled? Well consider this: If Blizzard had a policy where they would restore HC characters back to life if they died outside of player control, they would simply have to hire a whole new department to be able to provide this service alone. They would have to investigate each individual death and probably reply to several emails/tickets back and forth from users, not to mention handle all the whine from players with legit deaths or complaints regarding differential treatment ("my friend got his character restored, so why can't I???).

Simply. Not. Doable.

Man up. Time to level!. ;)

No, actually when i created my hc char i didn't know i would die because of game bugs and that is really not what i signed up for. If the game is gonna offer a hardcore mode accompanied with a whole list of achievements etc. they better have ALL the resources necessary to back it up. Not really my problem if they would need a whole new department to sort our justified claims to false claims now, is it? Also like i mentioned in one of my replies we all know that dead hc chars have been restored with the excuse of account hacking. Now that doesn't make much sense does it? If a player is stupid enough to get his account hacked will be compansated, but if someone dies due to the faulty nature of the game itself they just have to live with it.
    My friend, it is a matter of principle and our right as paying customers to demand that which we deserve...
    And lastly, why the heck would i wanna level up a new char just so i can die out of a game glitch all over? Thanks but no thanks.
    If you can enjoy the game in softcore mode or in hc bug-death mode good for you. Just won't do for me

You sound exactly the same as many customers that i encounter in my work. What the hell does "..demand that which we deserve" mean? You knew AND agreed to something when you started heroic character and now you whine about it when you had bad luck? I most certainly understand that it is annoying, but still?

If you agree to HC terms you must also live with them.

So, restoring compromised HC toons it all good, but servers deaths aren't. I'm well aware of the bullshit "sign up yadayadayada" people constantly throw out, but compromised accounts are more often a result of user error, as opposed to faulty equipment.
    Quote from Lefto

Quote from Parralhu

Quote from Verowar

Anyways next time you get stuck logout ASAP and pray you last for longer then 10 seconds!
    Nasty way to go and good luck releveling :) shove a red gem in the head and get to it! :)

That is one of the best solutions, pop all defensive CDs you have and leave game as soon you get stuck, at least is something you can do.

Hello guys and thanks for all the interest around my issue once more.
    First of all after my character's loss i had to go all through the 5 stages of grief;
    Denial -> couldn't accept the fact of an unjust permanent death
    Anger -> Angry tickets to Blizz
    Bargaining -> for any chance of revival
    Depression -> 2 really sad puppy days
    and finally Acceptance -> Leveling a new barb
    So i suppose that can explain some of the things i wrote.

Secondly, indeed had i logged out in time my character would have still probably been alive. However, at the time i was too shocked that my abilities weren't working that by the time i figured out what was going on, it was too late. And as to the nature of this bug the only thing you can do is drink a potion and log out. So no use all CDs and log :(

After reading this thread from start to finish. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see you post this. My first impressions of you were "oh here we go whiny kid wants his HC char back". But now you have jsut proved that your more than that. Thanks for you honesty mate, and I'm really pleased you have gone full circle and you are tackling the game again! Threads like this make the Hc community much closer than SC or anyother game where there is no perma death!

Bravo, Congrats, and good luck!
    Quote from Rethical

After reading this thread from start to finish. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see you post this. My first impressions of you were "oh here we go whiny kid wants his HC char back". But now you have jsut proved that your more than that. Thanks for you honesty mate, and I'm really pleased you have gone full circle and you are tackling the game again! Threads like this make the Hc community much closer than SC or anyother game where there is no perma death!

Bravo, Congrats, and good luck!

Thanks for your kind words :)
    Some little extra i never mentioned btw, is that my first char got stuck and died while farming for ONE extra secret tome in order to upgrade my head gem before facing the butcher. (I had cleared all the way up to the butcher so there was only the butcher fight left).
    Long story short what Barbie number 1 never managed to accomplish due to the death-bug, Barbie number 2 did about 2 weeks after her predecessor's death. Now Barbie number 2 is way better geared than number 1 and i stopped playing with furious charge just to be on the safe side ;) Onwards to act 2 for more glory and gold!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes