Boss/Area/Chapter Farming

Hey guys, I've been wondering ever since Lord of Destruction, why can we only kill the Boss at their story location after we killed them already (referring to the story)!

My idea is, if you completed the story, let's say on normal right,...... wouldn't it be cool to run into a boss or a "shadow boss" with different enemys accompanying him?

Let's say you have defeated Diablo, wouldn't it be cool to fight him somewhere else, meaning a different terrain?

I could imagine having to fight Diablos ghost form, that would increase the chance of variety!!! And makes it even more dangerous traveling the "wilderness" so to say!!!

I just think it would help the game in becoming more challenging and you could never say, hey let's do a Baal/Diablo run, because you had to watch out for the "clone/shadow boss" before reaching the actual boss!

This idea should be fine tuned and all but isn't this worth something to bring to attention to a blue or Blizzard staff in general?

Diablo is based on replaying the story, but if you already completed the story you should find always more challenging objectives or challenges to complete your "item hunt" goal! I could already imagine how this could be implemented into the game with 4 players,

one player would be up ahead scouting the area for any boss encounters that might occur, that would even more force people into chat communication having to be a good team player!

would some of you agree to this or is this just another idea that has no value what so ever???

besides, I was hoping for a beta key, so I wanted to try and if this idea was good enough to gain attention ;-), zehahahahaha

*Edit: for the drop rate you could also say that the bosses you run into outside of the story location, that they are more valuable when it comes to drops because the bosses should also be treated with rarety or excitement or some sort of "oh shit, everyone boss fight, help!!!"

Hah..... i can see it already, the abbreviation for BFH=boss fight help, hehehe

**Edit: Please rate and bring attention to this topic if you want this to be part of Diablo 3!!!!! We might not have that much more time before final release announcement......we need them to implement the best Diablo 3 experience to us!!!!
    That's pretty cool, lol. I support the idea of Act Boss spawning at a random location in his act, once after he's been defeated in official lore storyline. That'd prevent Boss run exploits and it'd be pretty funny to fight him at random locations. Ah, I wish that was possible.
    Quote from Raggnarokh

That's pretty cool, lol. I support the idea of Act Boss spawning at a random location in his act, once after he's been defeated in official lore storyline. That'd prevent Boss run exploits and it'd be pretty funny to fight him at random locations. Ah, I wish that was possible.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one with this wish!! Seriously in my humble personal opinion I would try and vote that into the game!!! I'm not able to comment and bring that up at the offical Battle.net page due to the lack of a character that you need and I don't like SC2 and WOW so I'm not able to create attention!
    If an idea is good, it shall be brought to the Blizz team, don't you worry! They appreciate their fan community's efforts and wishes when they're reasonable.

Thumbs up again for the nice thread! : )
    That is actually quite a nice idea, it would make for a very interesting and random game once it was been lore-completed. In a Diablo II scenario it would be kind of cool of funny if doing say pindle runs and instead run into Baal, or perhaps having to fight andarial on the way to countess. Certainly would create for a fun experience if you really had no idea what was waiting around the next corner :D
    It could also be that like every 3rd run you would run into the "clone/shadow boss", something randomly generated! it keeps the fun in the game and teamwork will be most definately upheld!
    Like Diablo clone, where a special version of the acts big boss will spawn on any super unique mob, would make inferno interesting if you have to deal with not only the big boss but additional special mobs too :)
    Cool idea Shivala.
    interesting ideea, but i doubt blizzard will ever implement it
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes