Bring back TRADE, or fix your RNG!!!

This guy is mad as fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a loot finding game and at one point it will become real hard to find upgrades.

All loot finding games have this issue and no true way around. The best you can is to do account wipes but people do not like that so the Ladder was born which is basically an account wipe.

Like I said, have live span on gears. Since your gear constantly degrades, you will constantly find upgrades. That way, the OP will be happy. If you think about it, MMORPG's that always introduce better gear in very frequent intervals is essentially doing the same thing, no?

That idea is HORRIBLE!!!!!! The OP can cry all he wants...if he plays more than maybe he will getz da l00tz. He can get his pay 2 play mindset and gtfo!! GRIND YOU CRY BABY GRIND!!!!
    Last edited by lHollerl: 4/21/2014 2:59:48 PM
    Quote from WD Jesus
    Quote from supertriqui»
    It is unreasonable to expect a LINEAR progression of loot. It is mathemathically unreasonable, actually.

I never said that I expected a linear loot progression for the entire game, and I agree that it is an unreasonable expectation.

I asked the simple question: How many actual full hours of grinding rifts do you think is acceptable between reasonable upgrades?

So far the only answer I've seen is that months between upgrades is an acceptable timeframe. I disagree.

Well, as Linear Progression is unreasonable, the obvious answer to your question is: "it depends on how well geared you are". If you are starting the game, like I did when I went back for ROS, you should find an upgrade every half an hour or less, just like I did.

If you are close to Torment VI? Then *my* opinion is you should need *days* for an upgrade. The closer you are, the longer it should take.
    BTW:
    Do you know what's a good way to make the game last longer, and finding upgrades more often? Have alts. I have 4 characters, and I plan to level the other two classes too (one of them is lvl 68 right now, will be 70 next time I play him). So while finding a so-so Odyn's son won't upgrade my barbarian, *might* upgrade my crusader, or my soon-to-be-70 monk.

Are you bored because your uber-wizard with top-gear can't find anything better in 20 rift runs? Start playing your under-geared demon hunter. Simple as that
    there are some theory's thou about the Loot system.
    i can recognize. (tinfoil on!)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504871619
    The problem lies in the fact that people confuse "progression" with finally playing the game how you want.

I can progress into T1 easily with rares and some random buffet of legendaries the game gives me...

I can't, however, play the game like I want with the EQ set or Tal's Set or any other set for that matter.

The question is: At what point can I play the build I WANT rather than the one that is given to me?

The answer to that question should scare most....but MOST don't care or are lucky with their drops.

It is impossible to balance RNG...one can simply put some controls on her to keep her going in the right direction.

Once Blizzard understands this, a lot of us will be happier...If Blizzard ever understands this.
    Quote from zachafella831

The problem lies in the fact that people confuse "progression" with finally playing the game how you want.

I can progress into T1 easily with rares and some random buffet of legendaries the game gives me...

I can't, however, play the game like I want with the EQ set or Tal's Set or any other set for that matter.

The question is: At what point can I play the build I WANT rather than the one that is given to me?

The answer to that question should scare most....but MOST don't care or are lucky with their drops.

It is impossible to balance RNG...one can simply put some controls on her to keep her going in the right direction.

Once Blizzard understands this, a lot of us will be happier...If Blizzard ever understands this.

You won't be happy, because then you have NO reason to play the game. Once you get all the gear you want, you get bored. It really is that simple. You need an incetive. RNG is this incentive to try and find the drops you want. Dry spells are frustrating, but it feels all the better once items actually start dropping.

You can get drops you don't really "want", but that encourage you to experiment. Try a different build than the one you have been using the last couple of weeks. Change it up a bit, keep things fresh. You might even discover a build that is equally fun to muck about with, maybe even more fun!
    [Unnecessary flaming removed]

No game exists in a perfect state. The only way for any thing to become better is to question its current paradigm, believing that the way a thing is, is the way it ought to be, is worthless and as such has no place in constructive criticism.
    Notes: Language.
    Last edited by Bagstone: 4/21/2014 5:58:08 PM
    P.S. Trade was removed because of people questioning the current paradigm... back in D3 Classic.
    Notes: Response to deleted flame removed
    Last edited by Bagstone: 4/21/2014 5:58:52 PM
    A degree of some trading would be nice. I like it how it is right now, but not being able to trade with friends well that's boring.
    Quote from BAlexzander

No game exists in a perfect state. The only way for any thing to become better is to question its current paradigm, believing that the way a thing is, is the way it ought to be, is worthless and as such has no place in constructive criticism.

See you've just insulted everyone here, who wants this game to do good, who want this game to succeed, and who think it has already been a success. The game needs work no denying that, It definitely needs some more rng counters, but it is also a very good game in a very good state ,and denying that is also very stupid. Just because we like Blizzard doesn't mean we suck their cocks day in day out. I love Blizzard and all their games, I want them to keep doing what they do redefine the genre and push it forward. You hating us because we all have apparently been brain washed is also stupid. Please keep stupid to a minimum and continue on.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

I get a lot of good items with crappy rolls, but I also don't get the items I want.

I really feel like there is a sort of 'tier' system you have to move through. I notice that I generally get multiple usable items in a row rather than one every few, then another every few. Like, I'll get 10-20 2 handers, not class related (crossbow, barb belt), just overall not good (blackthorns with bad rolls), then in the next 3-5 I'll get two good items.

I got 2 Chantodo's sources within a day from each other, but I didn't get the wand until a week later maybe.

i can't find a tal rasha's anything, but I have Vyr pants that I got near when I got lacuni bracers.

But it really feels like the shitty items I get are getting better overall.
    Last edited by Tybalt: 4/21/2014 5:19:52 PM
    Quote from Belloc
    Quote from BAlexzander

P.S. Trade was removed because of people questioning the current paradigm... back in D3 Classic.

[Redacted]

Also, by association to my claim that a game is never perfect, any fix must also be subject to change when it fails to solve the problem. No one was claiming that trade should be removed, only that the auction house should be removed.
    Last edited by Bagstone: 4/21/2014 6:02:24 PM
    Quote from Tybalt

But it really feels like the shitty items I get are getting better overall.

So much this. If you look at a shitty item now versus a shitty item 18 months ago the difference is pretty drastic.

There still exist legendaries/sets that I usually think "right to the salvage pile" but it's much fewer than before, and I still need the salvages for rerolls anyway. My damned Mask of Jeram took 13 rerolls just to get 4.5% crit... and I'd much prefer 5.5 or 6% crit, so it was 13 salvaged legendaries for a result that I'd like to improve upon. From that perspective, I just don't mind salvaging legendaries. It has a purpose for me.
    p420 :: 88.4k EK :: 2.45m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from zachafella831

I think you are playing the wrong game. The excitement for many is that that one amazing item is around the corner, for you it just seems like you want the gear you want now and then you can move on.

Serious question, are you an only child?

Also, this game is awesome now. Having loads of fun.
    Last edited by hifiboi: 4/21/2014 8:46:40 PM

Nothing like avoiding the official D3 forums because of all the babies crying for more loot only to find one right on the first page.

BF4 | D3 | WoW

Quote from zachafella831

So you want instant gratification. You are not happy, because you want Tal-Rasha and BiS on every slot NOW.
    Let's suppose I work for Blizzard and can give you all your perfect BiS. Right now.

Why would you keep playing?
    If you are stuck on t2 for weeks you need to git gud and it has nada to do with drops
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes