Twizzcast Legendary Discussion

Quote from miles_dryden

Ok guys, it's Maka's time of the month, give him some space.

But seriously, to anyone interested in discussing it, what would an assassin do to make him unique in D3? The DH and monk took a lot of the features of the D2 class, so how could they implement it in a way that didn't step on their feet, so to speak?

Say screw the Assassain and make a Necromancer instead! :D
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from DesmondTiny

Quote from miles_dryden

But seriously, to anyone interested in discussing it, what would an assassin do to make him unique in D3? The DH and monk took a lot of the features of the D2 class, so how could they implement it in a way that didn't step on their feet, so to speak?

Say screw the Assassain and make a Necromancer instead! :D

It would be cool to see the Necro return, but with all the boosts to pets the WD is getting (not to mention that RoS would have been the perfect time, thematically, to reintroduce the class) I don't see it happening.

Quote from miles_dryden

The only Diablo 2 class features that are not echoed in any way in Diablo 3 is shapeshifting and throwing javelins empowered with lightning. I wonder if they decide to bring those to Diablo 3 some day...
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P

Quote from Pietrak

The only Diablo 2 class features that are not echoed in any way in Diablo 3 is shapeshifting and throwing javelins empowered with lightning. I wonder if they decide to bring those to Diablo 3 some day...

Barbarian has Ancient Spear, and is getting some upgrades to his "throwing weapons" build in general.

Shapeshifting, though, could be a cool path to pursue, especially if mixed with a vitality mainstat. Or, potentially, you could have 3 different "forms" which each specialized in power, speed, and magic and used Str, Dex, and Int as their mainstat, respectively, similar to the WoW druid.
    Last edited by miles_dryden: 12/12/2013 3:53:26 PM
    Travis kept saying he wanted legendaries that add a Game Mechanic that makes people change the way the play.

So thought of these in 5mins just now after watching the twizzcast

1) Using a Potion triggers a legendary proc effect. - Now we would use Potions while at full health..

2) Playing while in Zoom mode - A legendary that gives you a huge benefit for gimping your visibility..

3) Every time you identify/pickup an individual item you gain X% magic find for X seconds.. this effect can stack... - now I start picking up everything

4)Everytime you pickup gold you gainX% gold find for X seconds.. this effect can stack..

5) Every time you drop an item you gain X% move speed for X seconds...this effect can stack..

6) Every time you make your character talk using the numpad you reduce enemies damage by X% for X seconds This can only proc every X seconds. This becomes sort of like a barbarian shout but for all classes.

Will think of more ways that i could change my gameplay if I had certain legendarys..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes