How "durable" are players without having to rely on lifesteal/LoH in RoS?

Diablo 3 now -> stop attacking = die instantly. Hit things = regenerate 500% of your health every second.

Basically shit design with people having 30k hp and 500k dps.

How tough are players in RoS?

If say you have a 4 second lag spike as a barbarian in good gear and war shout active, how much health are you gonna lose on some of the mid-level difficulty modes?

What if you had a shield?

I'd prefer if damage/healing was lowered so that although things take a while to kill you, you also don't regenerate health as fast so you're usually in combat hurt (like 60-80%) but generally safe.
    Quote from klauz619

I'd prefer if damage/healing was lowered so that although things take a while to kill you, you also don't regenerate health as fast so you're usually in combat hurt (like 60-80%) but generally safe.

There is no life steal at level 70. So the only way you can heal is by regeneration, life on hit, life after kill and healing skills (if you have them). So I think that in general we will have to build much more durable characters.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    For the most part I go for either: kill before being killed a.k.a. glass cannon, nice life regeneration, a lot of healing skills, a lot of health globes.

So far it's been working great for me on all classes. Note that I'm not using any of the exploitative builds streamers are using. I prefer finding a nice playstyle for myself.

Ha. Bagstone.

From what I've seen, there are items that generate health globes, which leads to the exact same situation as with life leech: Attack a lot of mobs and never drop health ;)

But aside from that, no idea. I suppose, I won't make the mistake of going melee first again come RoS.
    item that
    Quote from Solmyr77

From what I've seen, there are items that generate health globes, which leads to the exact same situation as with life leech: Attack a lot of mobs and never drop health ;)

But aside from that, no idea. I suppose, I won't make the mistake of going melee first again come RoS.

item that generated insane amount of globes has been nerfed

i have feel that stacking life regen, life on hit, life on kill. Is not as effective as it should be, most players ignore healing stats and stack only toughness and damage
    Quote from gurg0

i have feel that stacking life regen, life on hit, life on kill. Is not as effective as it should be, most players ignore healing stats and stack only toughness and damage

Or:
    Ignore healing, ignore toughness and play a class that doesn't get hit :S
    thing like jailer and vortex now deal quiet alot of damage and there is no effective way to prevent it u need some toughness !
    Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from gurg0

Or:
    Ignore healing, ignore toughness and play a class that doesn't get hit :S

I have a feeling you'll have a lot of fun with the thunder storm affix champs =) unavoidable damage!!! muhahaha
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    and by the way with itemisation in ROS it's almost impossible to play complete glass canon. Items that drop are so near to perfect( at least compared to vanilla) that only rings/amulets/gloves/weapons can be without toughness but other items always have decent amout of: resists,armor,vita
    i hope they decrease effect of SMART DROP because now its not just smart it's genius!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes