[SPOILERS Ahead] Reaper of Souls Beta Datamining

Quote from robbie1984

You don't understand.

Game LOADS THE CHARMS. I see every file/item from file loaded in the console and from logs. Charm strings, textures, icons, etc are loaded.

Maybe they won't be in RoS, but why would the game load them then? It's like Diablo 3 didn't load the strings for example: Manticore. You wouldn't see it in game.

Agreeing on this. Well, at least i want it to be true. However, it might still be possible they don't make it into the final product. Just trying not to get over-excited.

Man, I really should try and get some other stuff on my mind other than Diablo. The wait for RoS is almost unbearable.
    Quote from TheLordOfTerror

I think that D3 will get at least two expansions. That said, it's possible that they're playing around with charms, but we won't see them till Xpac2.

Not that I wouldn't want to see the Talisman back, though.

On a side note - it's kinda funny knowing that Blues are probably reading this topic and they're perfectly aware of what stuff has been datamined and how people reacted to that. I must admit - it's quite clever on their part. Officially, they didn't announce anything, but thanks to dataminers they get free feedback on a lot of stuff.

Someone else feels that this RoS leak was masterminded by Blizzard? :)

Oh they absolutely know what they are doing =D It's free hype, and it's the best kind because of anything doesn't make it, like you said nothing was never actually announced.

Maybe it's me being an optimist, but I have to wonder why, as Robbie says, the game would load the files, unless they were still toying around with them.

Either way I'm on a plane tomorrow night, and hopefully Friday / Saturday brings some awesome news!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Those charm icons were clearly updated, really wasn't expecting that. Guess we'll see if Blizzard will talk about them at Blizzcon.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Yeah, it's all about free hype, but imo - well deserved hype. Let's look at the list of RoS features (as far as we know):

Crusader, dark ACT 5, ladders, adventure mode, massive end-game improvements, loot 2.0, amazing legendary efects, mystic, revamped trading, paragon 2.0 with spendable points, increased level cap with new skills, class and item balancing, elemental effects on weapons, scrolls, legendary potions and possibly some other stuff... Hell, it is already a lot of improvements to the game.

If they add Talisman + Charms to the list, I can't see how anyone would complain about RoS initial content.

P.S. Unfortunately, a lot of people will bi***ch on the forums anyway, no matter what Blizzard does with D3.
    "What is dead, should stay dead"
    Btw those charms icons were already in the game files...

Same goes for the medallion and the talisman itself (just in case you find them out as well).
    Quote from TheLordOfTerror

Yeah, it's all about free hype, but imo - well deserved hype. Let's look at the list of RoS features (as far as we know):

Crusader, dark ACT 5, ladders, adventure mode, massive end-game improvements, loot 2.0, amazing legendary efects, mystic, revamped trading, paragon 2.0 with spendable points, increased level cap with new skills, class and item balancing, elemental effects on weapons, scrolls, legendary potions and possibly some other stuff... Hell, it is already a lot of improvements to the game.

If they add Talisman + Charms to the list, I can't see how anyone would complain about RoS initial content.

P.S. Unfortunately, a lot of people will bi***ch on the forums anyway, no matter what Blizzard does with D3.

They sound really nice indeed.

What i'm additionally hoping for are more events and meaningful and/or unique quest rewards.

By the way i like the new inventory icons, can't wait to figure it out what they could do.
    I extracted the PROTOBINS for the game and battle.net. They include all strings that will be ingame 100%.

For Example:

DiabloFans Quote:

message HeroProfile
    {
    optional uint64 monsters_killed = 1;
    optional uint64 elites_killed = 2;
    optional uint64 gold_collected = 3;
    optional uint32 highest_level = 4;
    optional uint32 deprecated_highest_difficulty = 5;
    optional uint32 create_time = 6;
    optional bool hardcore = 7 [default = false];
    optional uint32 strength = 8;
    optional uint32 dexterity = 9;
    optional uint32 intelligence = 10;
    optional uint32 vitality = 11;
    optional uint32 armor = 12;
    optional float dps = 13;
    optional uint32 resist_arcane = 14;
    optional uint32 resist_fire = 15;
    optional uint32 resist_lightning = 16;
    optional uint32 resist_poison = 17;
    optional uint32 resist_cold = 18;
    optional .D3.Items.ItemList equipment = 19;
    optional .D3.Profile.SkillsWithRunes sno_active_skills = 20;
    optional .D3.Profile.PassiveSkills sno_traits = 21;
    optional uint32 death_time = 22;
    optional .D3.Profile.KillerInfo killer_info = 23;
    optional uint32 sno_kill_location = 24;
    optional .D3.OnlineService.EntityId hero_id = 27;
    optional float damage_increase = 28;
    optional float crit_chance = 29;
    optional float damage_reduction = 30;
    optional uint32 life = 31;
    optional uint32 pvp_glory = 35;
    optional uint32 pvp_wins = 36;
    optional uint32 pvp_takedowns = 37;
    optional uint64 pvp_damage = 38;

This is 0.1% lol...
    Keep going Robbie.
    After every datamining I`m more sure for pvp!
    Quote from robbie1984

Oh yeah, Blizzard promised us infinite Paragonlevels ... But guess what. It's capped at 2^32.

That's it! I'm done! I will never ever buy any Blizzard title ever again. Fu Blizzard with all your lies.
    If this isn't a direct attack at every player, a direct insult to every fan, I don't know what is.
    They might as well just spit into the people's faces, maybe that's what they will do at the Blizzcon. Just set up a stage and spit on people for 2 hours while Chris Metzen insults the players for being stupid enough to trust them.

4294967296 levels and then you are capped. It'll take only 31296 generations of constant Alkaizer grind and you are maxed and from that point on every character is the same and you are stuck with doing lootruns for the rest of eternity. "Thanks Bliz"
    Quote from Melt

Quote from robbie1984

Oh yeah, Blizzard promised us infinite Paragonlevels ... But guess what. It's capped at 2^32.

That's it! I'm done! I will never ever buy any Blizzard title ever again. Fu Blizzard with all your lies.
    If this isn't a direct attack at every player, a direct insult to every fan, I don't know what is.
    They might as well just spit into the people's faces, maybe that's what they will do at the Blizzcon. Just set up a stage and spit on people for 2 hours while Chris Metzen insults the players for being stupid enough to trust them.

4294967296 levels and then you are capped. It'll take only 31296 generations of constant Alkaizer grind and you are maxed and from that point on every character is the same and you are stuck with doing lootruns for the rest of eternity. "Thanks Bliz"

lol
    This is how vanilla D3 should look like and not expansion.... !!!
    gogo robbie, more infozzzz :D
    Diablo 3 Hardcore Stream
    twitch.tv/desolacer

Quote from Melt

Quote from robbie1984

The level of sarcasm in this post is too damn high :hehe:
    dat maximum integer
    charms <3
    Quote from Annubizz

So many people think D2 shipped with patch 1.13. Its kinda ridiculous. Be happy that Blizzard takes better care of their products than any other video gaming company and listens to community feedback.
    how is this not pinned?
    Man,my CS classes never prepared me for this:

optional bool hardcore = 7 [default = false];

a boolean option that is more than 0 or 1... mind = blown. I guess somethings are more "true" than others? :lol:
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Quote from xaimx

Quote from Annubizz

So many people think D2 shipped with patch 1.13. Its kinda ridiculous. Be happy that Blizzard takes better care of their products than any other video gaming company and listens to community feedback.

lulz, this was 10 years ago with a pretty small company. also LoD came out 1 year after d2. d3 is out for like 1.5 years now and blizzard is a multibillion dollar company now.
    A multi-billion dollar company that has the highest expectations of any game producer in the industry placed on them.

Combine that kind of pressure with the following. 1) They have ten times the amount of work that Blizzard North ever had. (Think about it, they have 3 major games out there, for which they have to maintain hardware, software(Patches,hotfixes,expansions), set up a presence at conventions (And plan, set up and execute a major one of their own), and thats very little of the day to day operations. The list could go on forever 2) There is a lack of talented and Seasoned game designers and developers out there. Making the execution and implementation of said patches, hotfixes, and expansions even more difficult.

It's utterly amazing to me they are getting expansions out as fast they do. I may not agree with everything Blizzard does, but I do respect the amount of work and effort they put out.

Back on topic. Loving everything you have put out Robbie. A BIG thanks from me to you!!!!
    I see the line in the sand.
    Time to find out who I am.
    Looking back to see where I stand.
    Evolution.

BNet Tag: Evolution85#1878
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes