Gold Auction House and Real Money Auction House SHUTTING DOWN!

OMG finally this game is going to be great again. well till then i am still going to enjoy my ps3 version with the occasional exp run in the pc ;)

p.s. now look at every rich guy spending their gold fast :D
    Quote from Twoflower

Have fun with what used to be a good game at release and got downhill from there.

Quote from d3moon

The AH hate is funny. It has a lot to do with general jealosy. Without the AH 99% of the players would never had a chance to put their feet in MP10.

So for all the casual players in RoS the cries will still be about that we can’t get the gear, either by time or money, that 1% of the players have.

Sorry but the casuals are the players buying gear from a shop, not the ones trying to get it by themselves...
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Twoflower

Have fun with what used to be a good game at release and got downhill from there.

LOL
    A total disaster will happen with this decision. Been a strong supporter of Blizzard for 20 years but this is one of the worst decisions i have ever seen by them. Dont they remember the HELL that was D2 trading and all the SCAM sites galore.

Undo this change ASAP since it is pretty much a deal breaker for me. since no way in hell i will spend 15hrs in trade chat to unload a good find.

Only way you can remove the AH is if you make EVERYTHING that drops Bind on account. no gem trades no gold trades ( gold will be 100% worthless what step forward blizzard, really hope you see the sarcasm in making gold 100% USELESS, unless you increase repair bills to be 500k or more per death i dont see any value on gold what so ever for the future)

Just overall a DISASTER is coming if this goes live and it is pretty much a deal breaker and you got that from a very loyal blizzard customer that have bought EVERY release for the last 20 years..
    I'm still both excited and impressed by that move. My status as a Blizz-fanboi was at risk during the past years, but now I actually feel like they're wanting me back. Well, that or a lot of people want the same things that I want :)

I also wanted the Paladin back and see, what we got ;)

Several months 'til the relaunch of Diablo III. I'll be there :)
    Quote from Bowcracker

A total disaster will happen with this decision. Been a strong supporter of Blizzard for 20 years but this is one of the worst decisions i have ever seen by them. Dont they remember the HELL that was D2 trading and all the SCAM sites galore.

Undo this change ASAP since it is pretty much a deal breaker for me. since no way in hell i will spend 15hrs in trade chat to unload a good find.

Only way you can remove the AH is if you make EVERYTHING that drops Bind on account. no gem trades no gold trades ( gold will be 100% worthless what step forward blizzard, really hope you see the sarcasm in making gold 100% USELESS, unless you increase repair bills to be 500k or more per death i dont see any value on gold what so ever for the future)

Just overall a DISASTER is coming if this goes live and it is pretty much a deal breaker and you got that from a very loyal blizzard customer that have bought EVERY release for the last 20 years..

Gold won't be worthless. It'll be used for Mystic, crafting, gems, probably the new mini-games/ challenges etc.

It's the ONLY way they could truly reset the economy, due to all the multi-billion people out there. Now they'll be in the same position as someone who "weighs" only a hundred million or so. I fail to see how this is bad.
    BEST NEWS EVER!

I had to come out from my lurker hole just say it.

Starting a self found toon today.
    Quote from Shad3slayer

It's the ONLY way they could truly reset the economy, due to all the multi-billion people out there. Now they'll be in the same position as someone who "weighs" only a hundred million or so. I fail to see how this is bad.

Removing the AH won't reset the economy (as by definition, the items won't disappear). To reset the economy you need new content/loot, BOAs and/or ladder, not replacing the AH with trade channels.

Imo, Loot 2.0 together with new level cap (and gear) will reset the economy just fine even with the AH.
    Quote from Bowcracker

Dont they remember the HELL that was D2 trading and all the SCAM sites galore.

I'm pretty certain that they remember. And many of us who played D2 remember too. But you don't seem to see the EVEN BIGGER HELL that is the current AH economy. So what I'm saying, trading on forums and chat is a problem and quite tedious but having an AH is an even bigger problem.

Also, I'm quite confident that Blizzard will be offering something better than just a trade forum and chat. It'll just have to be less automatized and convenient as the current AH.
    Quote from Bowcracker

I can hardly believe that a a loyal Blizzard customer who bought every Blizzard game for the last 20 years actually liked Diablo 3 in the state it is.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Quote from d3moon

The AH hate is funny. It has a lot to do with general jealosy. Without the AH 99% of the players would never had a chance to put their feet in MP10.

So for all the casual players in RoS the cries will still be about that we can’t get the gear, either by time or money, that 1% of the players have.

That is the point of the game, you farm, you get gear, you progress further. And not by going to the AH and purchasing an item for 250$ or 999 999 999 999 gold. The people that cry after this change are no real Diablo fans imho.
    Quote from Shad3slayer

It's the ONLY way they could truly reset the economy, due to all the multi-billion people out there.

I think this is the honest reality of the situation. From very early on there were a group of "haves" (Wizzies and DHs) and a bunch of "have-nots." Blizzard could have done something drastic then... instead of simply nerfing some skills. But they chose to let those players keep their spoils of war which was the beginning of a massive gap in wealth that has only grown and grown to what we have now.

It's a great example of what happens when an obviously-detrimental situation goes unaddressed because Blizzard is too afraid of pissing off people. Over a year later the only real way to fix that particular economical cancer is to completely blow the system up.
    p407 :: 86.3k EK :: 2.40m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Twoflower

What you just read ? My opinion.

At least the release version had a difficulty curve that deserved the name curve. Now it's just a flatline.

Yes, I was struggling hard in inferno act 2 in the release version, and was not geared enugh to make it to act 3. But at least it was challenging. Now we gonna see the free loot fest that D2 was.

But you want that obviously, no use discussing it. Different people want different things.
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from Shad3slayer

Removing the AH won't reset the economy (as by definition, the items won't disappear). To reset the economy you need new content/loot, BOAs and/or ladder, not replacing the AH with trade channels.

Imo, Loot 2.0 together with new level cap (and gear) will reset the economy just fine even with the AH.

They could reset it, yes, but if AH stayed it would sooner or later end up the same. And the wealth gap just couldn't ever be closed. Making gold lose value due to AH removal, making it necessary only for self-found elements like crafting, mystic and the like, that's bound to have the effect of hard resetting and leveling the playing field for the long term.
    Quote from Shad3slayer

They could reset it, yes, but if AH stayed it would sooner or later end up the same. And the wealth gap just couldn't ever be closed.

Depending on what "sooner or later means", if it is 1 year+, they can simply release another expansion with another act. It took D3 quite a long time and a lot of AH bugs, most importantly to get to the current situation.

Quote from Shad3slayer

Making gold lose value due to AH removal, making it necessary only for self-found elements like crafting, mystic and the like, that's bound to have the effect of hard resetting and leveling the playing field for the long term.

Which effectively means gold will be next to useless (except perhaps for gems creation). I'm not convinced going back to that D2 mechanic is the right thing to do.
    Plus, with ladder more or less confirmed, hard resetting will already happen regardless.
    Yes, but not everybody will play ladder. We don't know if there'll be any incentive for playing it like Ladder-only sutff/ events/ perks. If not, I suspect not that many people will play Ladder, it'll probably be just for the competitive minded and self-found people. Most of other profiles will likely stay non-ladder.
    Quote from Shad3slayer

Yes, but not everybody will play ladder. We don't know if there'll be any incentive for playing it like Ladder-only sutff/ events/ perks. If not, I suspect not that many people will play Ladder, it'll probably be just for the competitive minded and self-found people. Most of other profiles will likely stay non-ladder.

A lot of people will, which will create a huge peer pressure to play on ladder. Like it was on D2.
    Ultimately people will play ladder not because they like it, but because most of the activity will happen there.
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from Shad3slayer

A lot of people will, which will create a huge peer pressure to play on ladder. Like it was on D2.
    Ultimately people will play ladder not because they like it, but because most of the activity will happen there.

I disagree. I believe the first people were turned to ladder due to Ladder-only content. Then of course as the number of people playing ladder increased, everyone moved there. But if there's no impulse/ incentive to play ladder to begin with, I wouldn't say that the majority of people would be happy just abandoning whatever they achieved so far just to play ladder for no reason other than to start fresh.
    Quote from Shad3slayer

Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from Shad3slayer

I disagree. I believe the first people were turned to ladder due to Ladder-only content. Then of course as the number of people playing ladder increased, everyone moved there. But if there's no impulse/ incentive to play ladder to begin with, I wouldn't say that the majority of people would be happy just abandoning whatever they achieved so far just to play ladder for no reason other than to start fresh.

For once, I agree with you 100%. And I think this is how it should be. Competitive people play ladder to compete, everyone who just wants to play the game plays non-ladder with no penalties.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes