Diablo III:RoS release date - Q4. Here is why.

http://i.imgur.com/tEyYzEy.png

sounds about right.
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    They're already said that the pre Ros patch (loot 2.0+ the free additions) will come shortly before RoS so that in itself renders the diagram incorrect.

This is just speculation but I dont see why they need both a PTR for the patch and a beta for RoS. They can just use the beta as a ptr for the loot 2.0 patch+ extras as well. Two birds with one stone.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

This is just speculation but I dont see why they need both a PTR for the patch and a beta for RoS. They can just use the beta as a ptr for the loot 2.0 patch+ extras as well. Two birds with one stone.

They need that, along with a completely-inexplicable 5-6 months of nothingness, so that OP can justify a very bad conclusion. You're not thinking like a troll.

I'm shocked there isn't 12-18 months allocated for exploring Mars in there.
    p407 :: 86.3k EK :: 2.40m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    ROS beta will not be nearly as long as Vanilla beta. They don't have to test the game engine anymore and they have all the server data they need for release from the release of vanilla (which won't have as big of numbers).
    Added the pic to your post.

Easier than clicking and opening a new tab just to understand your argument.

As much as I see this as the worst speculation thread I've seen in a couple years, I guess you're still allowed to discuss whether that's bullshit or not. If anything, it servers as a way to check how smart the average poster/lurker of DFans is.
    Beta for RoS should start this year. All Blizzard betas have so far been approximately 6 months.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from shaggy

I'm shocked there isn't 12-18 months allocated for exploring Mars in there.

LOL, no doubt.

OT: Isn't the beta supposed to start this year? Realistically, I think it will release end of spring. Optimistically, I hope it is released around end of winter. Maybe we will get a date or timeline at blizzcon.
    Lol that's a horrible guess. You're inserting half a YEAR between the pre-expansion patch, which is what it's supposed to be, and the RoS beta.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from itirnitii

ROS beta will not be nearly as long as Vanilla beta. They don't have to test the game engine anymore and they have all the server data they need for release from the release of vanilla (which won't have as big of numbers).

it's not about testing, it's about hype. I can see most of you don't want to believe the truth. you are so blind, i feel sorry for you.
    No chance it would be a q4 release due to the fact that they want it released as soon as possible so they can keep their player base playing. There is a year and half / 2 years between release of a blizzard product and its expansion so i doubt they'll go for such a late release.
    Quote from habib7i

Quote from itirnitii

it's not about testing, it's about hype. I can see most of you don't want to believe the truth. you are so blind, i feel sorry for you.

And why is it that this "truth" you speak of comes only from you? The fact of the matter is that you think they will release RoS in q4, you have no proof other than your belief. So please, don't go around saying we're blind and ignorant when you yourself have come to baseless conclusions. I'm not saying q4 is impossible, i'm only saying that you are the one blinded to only believe that you are right and everyone else is wrong.
    Some people think god speaks to them i quess, cough insane cough
    Quote from Campfire

Some people think god speaks to them i quess, cough insane cough

It's like his fingers were typing by themselves!
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    People are guessing a year until we see RoS. I say sooner...a lot sooner. Blizzard already gave us the info for RoS instead of holding it for Blizzcon. Which means it could not wait. Sure they will talk about it at Blizzcon but they have bigger NEWS there and don't wanna waste time with D3 then. ALSO...we all have already seen in game of RoS, so another year to do what??? Scratch their ass!!! I think not! We'll see RoS in about 4-6 months...maybe a bit sooner.
    Quote from habib7i

"Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Challenge you to make a timeline for the pvp.
    I'm guessing about May 2014..
    Quote from ratmaz313

People are guessing a year until we see RoS. I say sooner...a lot sooner. Blizzard already gave us the info for RoS instead of holding it for Blizzcon. Which means it could not wait. Sure they will talk about it at Blizzcon but they have bigger NEWS there and don't wanna waste time with D3 then. ALSO...we all have already seen in game of RoS, so another year to do what??? Scratch their ass!!! I think not! We'll see RoS in about 4-6 months...maybe a bit sooner.

Diablo 3's gameplay trailer was released in 2008, and the game was released in 2012. Don't let a little bit of gameplay fool you into believing it's a sign of progress. They obviously had a lot more to do then than they do now, 4 entire acts, 5 total classes with all those skills/runes. Closed Beta went live in September of 2011, and was in beta for 8 months. It took them 4 years from having a game that was ready for a gameplay teaser to having the actual game, including 8 months of beta. Don't let yourself be teased, but keep up the hope of an earlier release always.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes