BB see you when Addon is released

It happend! 20 Minutes ago I gifted all my items to random players and deleted my chars. Y? Because ATM I don't see how Blizzard will make the game fun again with just patches.

1.0.8 is fine but higher density doesn't increase drop quality. And even if 1.0.9 is the highly anticipated Itemization-Patch I don't see how they will achieve that all Legs are good.

Compare a Manticore and a Hellrack. How can the Hellrack be buffed besides giving it the same stats as the Manticore? And this is the main problem. Because of just 5 viable weaponstats there should be 10-20 to make a 2H-Crossbow with just 6% IAS as good as a 2H-CB with 2 Sockets, 10-11 IAS and CD.

If f.e. all Items could boost any Skill of any class in a meaningful way (f.e. increase DMG 200% or reduce Cooldown or Costs to ~0) then a Hellrack with just 6% IAS could be great if f.e. it would lower the costs of Elemental Arrow to ~0 but in this state where every weapon needs IAS, CD, LL, LoH, Mainstat a Hellrack can never be as good as a Manticore except when both Items just have different skins.

So even 1.0.9 won't be bringing the fun back to me. So yeah think I have to wait for an addon to play this game again.
    Have fun with whatever else you do. Diablo 3 will be here whenever you feel its changes have made it fun again. :)
    Log out, uninstall, wait a couple of month and you'll be back grumpy about why you have no gear/gold left ;-) Since Blizzard don't delete accounts and there is no monthly fee and you know the game some day will be good again (if not before then at expansion) why not just take a break?
    Quote from Kanio

Log out, uninstall, wait a couple of month and you'll be back grumpy about why you have no gear/gold left ;-) Since Blizzard don't delete accounts and there is no monthly fee and you know the game some day will be good again (if not before then at expansion) why not just take a break?

If they really make the items good it should be possible to play selffound at that point. I uninstalled D3 several times but always came back after 1 or 2 weeks because I've seen some cool youtube videos. But always after 1-2 days I found myself grinding KD2 for brimstones ;)
    I have not played since 1.05 and I doubt that I will be back to playing D3 or any Blizzard title (only real Blizzard title I liked was D1 and D2) I did buy SC2 and WC3 but I did not like those games.

I have played D2 more in the last year than D3 and likely be playing D2 on and off for a long time to go, since that game is still fun. Fortunately I also have found Torchlight 1 and 2 which I am also having a great deal of fun playing. D3 was only fun for the first playthrough and after that the game just lost all excitement for me. Even creating new characters was boring, and I love creating new characters in ARPG's.
    It's fine that you quit but I always am against the idea of people deleting their characters as you did. For two reasons really, 1.) because when you do come back you have nothing. Having no gold in this game can really suck, because items continue to rise in price. 2.) In my experience, it does not really help resist the urge to play.

Not that my advice really helps you but maybe other people who get frustrated and quit will consider it.
    Total mistake there pal... throwing away your gear is a stupid move in my opinion. Yeah yeah now you will conjure up all the arguements you simply can to counter mine but the fact is that if you want to log on and play for a bit you won't be able to. Or you'd have to reroll a crappy char...

Besides, you probably feel the need to express your frustration so you create this thread but to be honest, who cares if some random dude quit playing D3 and gave away all of his items?

Good luck though...

The worst part of you giving all your gear away and leaving the game is the fact that I was not a recipient of that gear.

Bye! :cheers:
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Jamoose

Total mistake there pal... throwing away your gear is a stupid move in my opinion. Yeah yeah now you will conjure up all the arguements you simply can to counter mine but the fact is that if you want to log on and play for a bit you won't be able to. Or you'd have to reroll a crappy char...

Besides, you probably feel the need to express your frustration so you create this thread but to be honest, who cares if some random dude quit playing D3 and gave away all of his items?

Good luck though...

Yeah the fact that I throw away all my gear could be a mistake but I cought myself reinstalling D3 to often just to abandon it again after 3 days. Perhaps 1.0.9 will be the shit and I will hate myself for giving it all away for free, but the most important fact will be if I can beat the game by myself and find the gear to beat inferno on low MP myself or if I still have to spend all my Gold in the AH to progress.

Perhaps I shouldn't have set the focus of this thread on me leaving D3 but more on the discussion about the Weaponaffix Problem D3 has. So plz ignore me leaving D3 and disquss the actual issue that I see in D3 atm ;)
    OP....you're making a serious mistake.

Throwing your gear away wasn't the most well thought out idea.

You will regret having done that.

Itemization isn't as fucked as people try to insist it is. Yes, it is uninspired and vanilla. BUT, if you give the entire itemization foundation, as it currently sits, a really hard look, one can see how easy it would be to make D3's itemization template even more dynamic and amazing than it's predecessor, THE Diablo 2.
    BurningRope#1322
    My suggestion would be to try out Neverwinter. I havent tried out myself so i cant really vouch for it. But what I've seen thus far from youtube and twitch is kinda promesing.

If not, i would suggest you should start play a moba game, like HoN, LoL or Dota 2. If your new to them, go for LoL Imo considering its more friendly to new players. But if you're more hardcore in nature take Dota 2 or HoN. Those games are highly addicting and very funny. They probably have the best replay value. Considering you're playing the same map over and over again but with just diffrent heroes. Which is quite funny if you really think about it.

And like they stated, It was quite stupid of you to give all your items away, you should have sold them! :)
    Joking aside, i wouldnt have given away my items if i still play this game if a play it like you do. But seems like your in a strugel. You really would want to like the game, but you dont enjoy it at all. I have the same one with PoE atm. Had a blast in closed beta patch 0.92114233 whatever but now its going into the diablo 3 trap as i call it. So dont go there either if you dont like where diablo 3 is at this moment.
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    Quote from Serpenth

Having no gold in this game can really suck, because items continue to rise in price.

In theory, yes.

In practice though, items are getting cheaper all the time. Blizzard is making the game easier at a faster rate than the item prices would increase. Therefore more and more items are in the market and overall prices drop.

You will see it very clearly if you are in the position that you have been away from the game for 2-3 months. Your gear will not even be worth a 10th of the price you payed originaly.

Quote from Xpire

And like they stated, It was quite stupid of you to give all your items away, you should have sold them!

I knwo you were joking, but it's actualy the best idea ^^
    Quote from Twoflower

Quote from Serpenth

Having no gold in this game can really suck, because items continue to rise in price.

In theory, yes.

In practice though, items are getting cheaper all the time. Blizzard is making the game easier at a faster rate than the item prices would increase. Therefore more and more items are in the market and overall prices drop.

You will see it very clearly if you are in the position that you have been away from the game for 2-3 months. Your gear will not even be worth a 10th of the price you payed originaly.

Partly correct :)

Regular items do get cheaper obviously as time passes, more of them drop or players sell previous gear and market gets flooded with them, demand for these declines. What was once expensive (good item), is now cheap (therefor considered, medium or low). The bar keeps raising.

However, the really good items, close to BiS or simply highly popular get more expensive, because of inflation and a super high demand. Gold value keeps dropping and players have more gold than ever, meaning they can afford to pay more.
    Well what you did was pretty stupid.I mean how emotionally unstable are you to make such a hasty decision?Why delete chars?What is that gonna help you with?Ok delete your gear fine, who gives a crap, u can get a 10 mil for nothing and get a budget set when u return.But deleting chars?That's just wrong. I dont play WoW anymore, mainly cause MoP didnt attract me that much ( not because pandaren ) but I still have uber geared rogue and a decent shaman + pally there.

Deleting them is just you throwing a hissy fit and not giving things a chance.Sure dont play, sure uninstall, sure burn your CDs, but why on god's green earth would you delete your char is beyond me.
    http://www.diablofan...152-willey1986/

15 days at diablofans

8 posts in total, all of them crying about the game

wont miss you, bb :Thumbs Up:

EDIT1: no battletag published
    we dont know if you chars were just lvl 60 or lower, no paragon
    we dont know if you really deleted them
    we dont know if you gifted your gear
    we dont know if your gear has/had any gold value
    Its more like a troll topic here

EDIT2: pls people think twice before feed the troll
    Oh look, another "im quitting the game"-thread

You will be back, i know it, others in the thread know it, and YOU the OP knows it, clever u deleted ur characters

You can meanwhile go play Path of Exile
    Quote from thesikaleon

http://www.diablofan...152-willey1986/

15 days at diablofans

8 posts in total, all of them crying about the game

wont miss you, bb :Thumbs Up:

EDIT1: no battletag published
    we dont know if you chars were just lvl 60 or lower, no paragon
    we dont know if you really deleted them
    we dont know if you gifted your gear
    we dont know if your gear has/had any gold value
    Its more like a troll topic here

EDIT2: pls people think twice before feed the troll

As I stated in my last post I shouldn't have posted that I quit the game and just focus on my concerns regarding 1.0.9. Sry my bad but why are u flaming me that hard? My Battletag is Sprühwurst#1524 if you are interested but nothing to see there because of deletion. If you still don't believe me I can post some screenshots tomorrow ;)
    Quote from Willey1986

why are u flaming me that hard?

flaming?

I dont think so. Just post my thoughts
    One or the other way its a "game sucks" or "i quit" topic
    Nothing to offer at the community

Quote from Willey1986

As I stated in my last post I shouldn't have posted that I quit the game and just focus on my concerns regarding 1.0.9.
    If you still don't believe me I can post some screenshots tomorrow ;)

I love how you focus on the patch :facepalm:
    Quote from Willey1986

It happend! 20 Minutes ago I gifted all my items to random players and deleted my chars. Y? Because ATM I don't see how Blizzard will make the game fun again with just patches.

1.0.8 is fine but higher density doesn't increase drop quality. And even if 1.0.9 is the highly anticipated Itemization-Patch I don't see how they will achieve that all Legs are good.

Compare a Manticore and a Hellrack. How can the Hellrack be buffed besides giving it the same stats as the Manticore? And this is the main problem. Because of just 5 viable weaponstats there should be 10-20 to make a 2H-Crossbow with just 6% IAS as good as a 2H-CB with 2 Sockets, 10-11 IAS and CD.

If f.e. all Items could boost any Skill of any class in a meaningful way (f.e. increase DMG 200% or reduce Cooldown or Costs to ~0) then a Hellrack with just 6% IAS could be great if f.e. it would lower the costs of Elemental Arrow to ~0 but in this state where every weapon needs IAS, CD, LL, LoH, Mainstat a Hellrack can never be as good as a Manticore except when both Items just have different skins.

So even 1.0.9 won't be bringing the fun back to me. So yeah think I have to wait for an addon to play this game again.

As far as weapons go, that's about the exact fix that I think would work best.

Take your manticore and hellrack examples. Why exactly is manticore better? Because of it's damage. Hellrack may have a cool chance to root enemies, but the vast majority of players view damage and then the ability to survive as on top of what they want the most.

So what I personally would do, would be to 'equalize' damage across comparable weapons. With very specific exceptions, echoing fury is the best 1 hander for almost every class hands down. It's only 'unique' feature is the fear, which is actually quite annoying to a lot of players, but it's still chosen out of the rest of the legendary 1 handers. Swords aren't even on the radar when it comes to considering what 1 hander someone would want to use, just because of their damage.

So equalizing (within a couple %) will open up a lot more legendaries to be considered for what their original purpose was; To be a unique game changing piece of gear, that can do something that other gear can't. Between a manticore and a windforce, if I could achieve close to, if not the same damage with both, I'd probably pick the windforce. It's got a cool knock-back that's pretty useful.

We haven't heard anything solid on how they plan on making legendaries game changing, I'll grant you that. But my money is on something close to this. Making a choice of legendaries boil down to what they can individually do that others can't, instead of just which one increases my paper DPS the most, would be the best change.

There's still hope bud =D I really, REALLY don't think Blizzard is going to want to re-iterate legendaries a 3rd time. This time around, they'll get it right.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Please guys. It's ok to show disappointment in OP's actions towards his choice of ending his D3 path, but refrain from name calling.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes