D3_from_Alpha to Final_

Quote from kahaneck

Quote from maka

RUNES AS ITEMS :QQ:

I dont like this idea and i dont know if would work . What i do know is :
    • "fuck u blizzard , my drop sux"
    Plz explain , why would this be a good ideia ?

You lost me.
    I suppose he means that runes as items mean you can't use the rune until it drops which would suck in a major way? At least that's what I'm thinking he's saying.
    While some of the alpha ideas seemed a little too much, the final versions turned out to be way too simple. They need more complexity to the game systems. I think WOW development at the time made a big impact on the the D3 UI and skill system(even if they deny it), as they were doing all the dumbing down of WOW at about the same time as developing all this new crap. Makes me sad that a potentially great game turned so bland.
    I still have hope though u_u
    Quote from Lizardo

While some of the alpha ideas seemed a little too much, the final versions turned out to be way too simple. They need more complexity to the game systems. I think WOW development at the time made a big impact on the the D3 UI and skill system(even if they deny it), as they were doing all the dumbing down of WOW at about the same time as developing all this new crap. Makes me sad that a potentially great game turned so bland.
    I still have hope though u_u

This post is exemplary for many other posts here saying that the current system is "too simple", the original system was better, and so on.

The first few screens are all just a resemblance of D2/WoW, I really don't get how the new skill+rune system is more towards WoW. To the contrary - they moved away from WoW and created something relatively new.

I also think it's not correct to say the current system is "too simple"; having a skill tree is so dumb and simple because on every level there are some basic spells you have to pick just to get to the interesting skills further down the skill tree. Re-spec in WoW or Torchlight is always the same - a handful of "must have" skills and then you choose between some end-game spells. In D3, you have potentially so many combinations and since there is no hierarchy, there are not necessary any "useless skills along the way". Plus, there are literally billions of combinations if you think about all the rune variations.

Some of the initial ideas were nice, but scrapped for a reason (e.g., Talisman/Charms). And I'm glad they chose to get rid of them - they didn't really add anything new, just yet another slot for the typical must-have stat.
    I really liked the iteration from Blizzcon 2008. I got to play with it myself and thought that it had a lot of good potential.
    What most of the people don't realize is that they've lost so much time building and working on different interfaces while they completely forgot that itemization, content, pvp, builds, characters etc are what people what. No one gives a single tiny crap about how the certain button looks like, we want content and pleasure.
    Quote from overneathe

I suppose he means that runes as items mean you can't use the rune until it drops which would suck in a major way? At least that's what I'm thinking he's saying.

I'm glad runes as dropped items ( for skills ) was scrapped, because it was kind of a useless idea. It's one of those things that yes they'd be fun to find, until you found all that you needed, then you'd never have to find them again.

Now I'm completely for runes / jewels / charms / more gems as dropped items, because we will constantly be on the lookout for them. But SKILL runes as dropped items would be a waste of time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from overneathe

I'm glad runes as dropped items ( for skills ) was scrapped, because it was kind of a useless idea. It's one of those things that yes they'd be fun to find, until you found all that you needed, then you'd never have to find them again.

Now I'm completely for runes / jewels / charms / more gems as dropped items, because we will constantly be on the lookout for them. But SKILL runes as dropped items would be a waste of time.

Remember, the last known iteration of the rune stone items was that they dropped as a 'blank' rune and later when socketed into a skill they rolled what type of rune you would get. That also attuned the rune that skill, meaning that a Crimson Rune socketed into Hydra became Crimson Rune of Hydra (you get the point). Moreover they were 7 levels of a single rune type.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    alpha >>>> final version. dats all i have to say.

blizzard oversimplifies the game.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes