Diablo 3 Offline Play on Playstation 3, 4

Blizzard allows Playstation 3, 4 users to play Diablo 3 offline and LAN. They screwed PC gamers by providing no offline option. Nice one, ActiBlizz. ;) :facepalmsmile:

Watch this video: Min 8:46.
    If my rage could be contained right now i could nuke the world!
    IMO, rage would only be justified if the console version also has AH/RMAH... has that been confirmed?

(for those of you whose rage doesn't need to be justified, carry on doing what you always do).
    How high is the risk of duping and maphacking happening on consoles?
    Quote from Erixxxx

Maphacking? Next to zero. The PS3 is locked down pretty tight... it's not nearly the general-purpose computing free-for-all that PCs are.

However, if the PS3 has a true offline mode (and therefore has savegames that can be copied back and forth to PCs), then I'd expect the file-format to be cracked wide open in short order, and the whole offline/LAN scene to become a dupefest. If the PS3 version has AH/RMAH at all, I'd assume that Blizzard would do what they should have done all along with PCs and just have server-side saves for online/AH capable characters, and local save for offline/LAN ones.

In some alternative universe, they'd do the Right Thing and back-port the changes to PC, giving us what we should have had all along.
    I think I'm going to be sick... Probably the last straw that broke the camel's back. Going to try Path of Exile tonight.
    I'm not giving D3 some free pass on gameplay up to now, but I honestly don't see why people are raving so much about PoE.
    I tried it and is has some real issues for sure. The combat is clunky is sluggish, the camera is locked into a specific zoom level (in itself not a bad thing but it's way too zoomed in). The super-open skill tree looks pretty amazing at first but it really locks itself into specific builds very quickly. Just like D3 you can build super stupid builds with pathetic synergies but as soon as you want synergy between your skills you're locked down hard.
    Quote from Hiderius

Blizzard allows Playstation 3, 4 users to play Diablo 3 offline and LAN. They screwed PC gamers by providing no offline option. Nice one, ActiBlizz. ;) :facepalmsmile:

Where did they say LAN? They said Local Coop which probably just means a MP game mode on 1 playstation (either splitscreen or not). LAN mode would be a waste of time on a playstation as probably only a very tiny minority of playstation users would bother with connecting several playstation through LAN:

Offline mode is a possibility depending on the amount of people not being online with their playstation. If that's only a minority though you might not see an offline mode as well (online play meaning playing online with others connecting through the internet). Keep in mind that they mentioned local cooperative play, not offline play.
    Quote from Catalept

However, if the PS3 has a true offline mode (and therefore has savegames that can be copied back and forth to PCs), then I'd expect the file-format to be cracked wide open in short order, and the whole offline/LAN scene to become a dupefest. If the PS3 version has AH/RMAH at all, I'd assume that Blizzard would do what they should have done all along with PCs and just have server-side saves for online/AH capable characters, and local save for offline/LAN ones.

That's just the start. Odds are the logic that runs a local offline/LAN server wouldn't be all that different from what is running the PC online servers, particularly if they plan to keep the versions synced on updates. Emulated servers at a minimum, and likely some more vulnerabilities for hackers to discover and use online as well.
    Quote from Erixxxx

i bet 2 weeks
    :trollface:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard introduced offline play for PC in expansion. Look at SC2, more than 2 years and had no global play. People were buying copies to play in other regions, and now with the coming expansion, they've introduced global play to SC2. So I bet that offline play might happen for D3, if they care for their community.
    Is there any confirmation that the PS3/4 version will even use the same servers we use on PC?

I think you guys are lighting the torches a little too early on this one..

as for the "local" aspect, you probably can just go to a friends house, log in on your playstation network account, and retrieve your character from your own PS3/4.. I doubt it'll be playable "offline" at all.
    Quote from DeathToRoadkill

Is there any confirmation that the PS3/4 version will even use the same servers we use on PC?

as for the "local" aspect, you probably can just go to a friends house, log in on your playstation network account, and retrieve your character from your own PS3/4.. I doubt it'll be playable "offline" at all.

I read on battle.net forum someone mentioning that offline single player is mandatory for compliance with Playstation's rules. Don't know if that's true or not, but makes sense since I've never heard of a online-only playstation game with no single player offline mode.
    Quote from Zuchi

Quote from DeathToRoadkill

I read on battle.net forum someone mentioning that offline single player is mandatory for compliance with Playstation's rules. Don't know if that's true or not, but makes sense since I've never heard of a online-only playstation game with no single player offline mode.
    hence the blizzard - sony partnership imo.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from Zuchi

Given that almost no info on the PS4 has been released to the general public I'm not sure how someone could know this.
    Give me RMAH on PS4 so i can get back the money i paid for the console! Yay.
    Quote from Maffia

Quote from Zuchi

Given that almost no info on the PS4 has been released to the general public I'm not sure how someone could know this.

He didn't say PS4, but Playstation. That thing is around for a few years now. And the rules are indeed crazy, I'm sure there's some crap like that in there. Plus a million of other stupid rules, especially about the interaction. Developing for consoles is a pain in the butt.
    Quote from Zuchi

DCUO

Upcoming FFXIV

PSO2 (but on the vita)

You might need a special deal, but these companies have done it, I'm sure Blizzard has enough pull to do the same.
    The video the OP posted is pretty clear: local offline co-op will be in the game.
    Thank you, Blizzard.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes