Blizz is preparing "something" about itemization

Another "i can't find good items" topic popped out today on polish bnet forum and one of the blue posters replied:

Quote from "65324269802" »

Przygotowujemy właśnie materiał o założeniach projektowych dla systemu przedmiotów (itemization) - na pewno będzie to dobra okazja, żeby podyskutować o tej kwestii więcej.

Which means:
    We are preparing material assumptions for the item system design (itemization) - certainly it will be a good opportunity to discuss this issue more.

Link - http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/6533844705?page=3#new-post

I wonder what are they planning to do.
    I love how the EU blues speak so much more freely than the NA blues. They always drop the most interesting tid-bits.

We probably won't hear much of this until the new director arrives, who will have a Masters in Aerospace Engineering with a Doctorate in Theoretical Physics. A few of the requirements for untangling this mess.
    pretty good news (if its true)
    Am I the only one who didn't understand one bit of what "material assumptions for the item system design" means?
    Can we be sure this isn't related to how the new Demonic Essences and new crafting plans that are going to be implemented in 1.0.7?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some of D3's problems with items and customization being addressed, but I really don't think they will (as far as huge game changes are concerned) before the expansion :fret:
    Agree Zero, I thought the same. It's actually almost impossible for them to completely overhaul the itemization concept before the expansion. For the D3 haters this blue post shows that they are actually thinking about itemization, whereas for the D3 fans it just confirms what we all knew already - they're working on improving the game.

However, it's nice to see that we even have people watching (and translating) the Polish forums for us. I didn't even know they have D3 CMs in so many languages. (Again, which other game has that sort of multi-language customer support? They do care.)
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Am I the only one who didn't understand one bit of what "material assumptions for the item system design" means?
    Can we be sure this isn't related to how the new Demonic Essences and new crafting plans that are going to be implemented in 1.0.7.

I think the blue on PL forums said they are going to release a blog or other kind of information about their design philosophy behind itemization. Which might suggest more changes as it was posted today, unless they didn't release the blog about 1.0.7 in PL, I was too lazy to check.

Edit: The part of the post which was quoted, was not about 1.0.7, blue mentioned it earlier. So they are going to release some kind of information about their design philosophy.
    This is in line with what the other blues said. Blizzard's answer to the itemization problem is BoA items. And that sucks. I mean this is worse and perhaps more confusing than an offline mode with more rewarding drop chances.

We know that players would like to have more options when it comes to self-found gear, and we've already begun implementing changes (as seen with the new crafted items and Marquise gem tier in 1.0.7) to help make that more of a reality.

We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve.
    I truly hope so, I want to play this game again, 4 months of no AH 3 so far.
    Can a Polish person try their best and explain what material consumption is? :P
    Can it be that they're just talking about the recent crafting additions?
    I'll talk to my GF or her brother, they understand polish, but might be late night
    You are supposed to be a news manager... ffs, deliver us newsss!111!!!!!
    So far I know 2 languages optimally and about 3-4 to a somewhat understandable degree. Polish is not one of them. :P
    Przygotowujemy właśnie materiał o założeniach projektowych dla systemu przedmiotów (itemization) - na pewno będzie to dobra okazja, żeby podyskutować o tej kwestii więcej.

More accurate translation:
    We are working on a text (blog?) about design philosophy for itemization system - it will definitely be a good opportunity to discuss this topic further.

This is last part of the full post, it was about magic find, RNG, patch 1.0.7 and new crafting was mentioned earlier.
    Astrand should be the new news manager IMO.
    Quote from m4st0d0n

This is in line with what the other blues said. Blizzard's answer to the itemization problem is BoA items. And that sucks. I mean this is worse and perhaps more confusing than an offline mode with more rewarding drop chances.

BoA is ONE answer AT THE MOMENT. It's not the only thing they'll do about the itemization flaws, nor the last. But it's the one change they're gonna introduce now - and it might be the only bigger change we'll see before the xpac.

And I disagree that BoA sucks. I felt the same in the beginning, but the more I thought about it, the more I'm thrilled by the idea of BoA items. I always asked myself what would I do if I find a 200int 6% crit Mempo. Sure, put it on my head. But every second while looking at my character I would be aware that I'm wearing an item that I could use to upgrade every other slot significantly, i.e., I would be tempted to sell it and buy ~10 upgrades for my character. And of course you realize you have an item on your head which is worth ~$500; even though I would never cash that out, it's something in the back of your head constantly.

With a BoA item I'm just like "Yeah! An upgrade! And I'll never use the AH to search for an upgrade for that slot again". So, the BoA solution is the out-of-AH card for me. I'll craft like crazy in 1.07 and make my character AH independent as much as possible. Haven't used it for quite a while anyways because I think it's sick to pay the equivalent of ~50 bucks for on item (and that's what upgrades would cost for me right now).
    Quote from Astrand

We are working on a text (blog?) about design philosophy for itemization system - it will definitely be a good opportunity to discuss this topic further.

This is last part of the full post, it was about magic find, RNG, patch 1.0.7 and new crafting was mentioned earlier.

My news senses are tingling.
    Quote from Indimix

Too lazy.
    Quote from Astrand

Oh wow. Someone else being reminded of the PvP blog announcement? I don't think we should expect too much too soon :P

Quote from Indimix

I'm either really bad at detecting your sarcasm (in which case I apologize) or you're being really disrespectful here.
    Apologies accepted.
    i'm polish but i was too lazy to translate it better than copy -> paste -> google translate :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes