Can I create more than one Battle.net account on one CD key?

Forgive the noobishness.

Are you allowed to create more than one Battle.net account? I have only one CD key.

If so, do you know if there is a limit to the number of accounts you can create?

Thanks
    You can create multiple Bnet accounts, which are empty - no CD key or anything needed. Then you add games into those accounts.
    You can add multiple copies of the same game into 1 Bnet account as well.
    You cannot use the same CD key of any game in more than 1 Bnet account.
    Sure you can, but you'll only be able to register D3 into one of those accounts.
    Since the question has been answered, I'm gonna hijack this thread for a related question that came to my mind recently:

If you get banned (for whatever reason), does the ban apply to the game only or your whole B.Net account?

With all the recent bans of innocent people (at least they claim to be innocent, who knows) I ask myself if I should create different B.Net accounts for all my games (like Heart of the Swarm once it's there) to not risk losing all my games if I get hit in one of these ban waves that hits all the innocent people ;-)
    @Bagstone: I'm pretty sure the ban applies to that specific game, not the entire account.

At least, that's what I know from a couple friends who got banned when their account was hacked. They could still play SC2.

And I have my doubts on all these people claiming to be innocent. Being a lawyer makes it really hard for me to believe these people, because it's obvious people will swear they never used anything when they're desperate due to the loss of their entire account and hard-work (specially on the internet).

But the truth is, there's quite a few "helpers" out there already (to mark items for you, to buy stuff on the AH, to sell stuff on the AH, scripts to make bots) and I really doubt these people are actually innocent.

I also tend to believe that these people used multiple accounts, and the one banned never used anything - but probably got all the gold and all the items from the botting accounts. In that case, they're obviously going to say they never did anything (and they actually didn't in that account, so they're mad their scheme was discovered), but for someone working at Blizzard, it's very easy to double check all the profits from 20 bots and see that there was one guy benefiting from all that.
    On the other hand, Blizz doesn't really reward anyone for putting many games on same battlenet account. Closest was probably giving away D3 if you subscribed to WoW for 12 months, but on the other hand it was the same offer to people who had subscribed for 6-7 years as to the new subscribers.

Not sure how blizz acts in a second game if they have noticed you already botting in game1. Perhaps they see a botting behaviour and is quicker to ban you permanently instead of a temp ban or warning.

I think you can still merge battlenet accounts as well, so if they change their minds and make it worthwhile you can merge them.

Not sure if you can use same authenticator to 2 battlenet accounts though, if you can't it is a bit of a disadvantage.

I also tend to believe that these people used multiple accounts, and the one banned never used anything - but probably got all the gold and all the items from the botting accounts. In that case, they're obviously going to say they never did anything (and they actually didn't in that account, so they're mad their scheme was discovered), but for someone working at Blizzard, it's very easy to double check all the profits from 20 bots and see that there was one guy benefiting from all that.

While agree many has probably botted on one account and kept their main account clean, I am just as sure that Blizzard makes mistakes and banns people due to false positives. From a business point of view I am not sure they care if 50 of 1000 banned people are wrongly banned. Many of the botters get new accounts so they still make money. If they try to post and complain on official boards threads get closed due to them not discussing banns there, if they post on sites like this many people don't believe them anyway so no lost PR for blizzard anyway.

On the other hand, Blizz doesn't really reward anyone for putting many games on same battlenet account.

Well no real "reward", but the B.Net friends list doesn't work if you put every game on a separate account. I have SC2 and D3, and my friends play these two games plus WoW. It's so much easier if you can catch them regardless of what game they're playing. Although it's not the case for me, I can even see why some people say they want all systems to be merged (B.Net, Steam, Origin, ...).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes