Remember Diablo 3 in 2010?

Quote from Pietrov

Quote from Bagstone
    "aah... fresh meat" from the butcher

This.

I remember this very vividly. I was 6 years old and was unfortunate enough to have attended English classes at kindergarten.
    I panicked, got killed and deleted Diablo from my PC.
    I didn't complete the first Diablo until I was 12 years old because of that trauma.

So, Diablo 1 left an imprint in us, the gamers that now are 20+ years old.
    Will Diablo 3 leave a similar imprint in the youngest generation of gamers now? I seriously doubt it.

Maybe if like you a 6 year old played D3 and saw Leah becoming a massive demon especially when she steps up to the gates of heaven they may have the same reaction as you did.
    Quote from redcinder

Maybe if like you a 6 year old played D3 and saw Leah becoming a massive demon especially when she steps up to the gates of heaven they may have the same reaction as you did.

I don't think so. What you are talking about happened in a cinematic, so it quite doesn't count.
    There is nothing even a bit similar to the Butcher chamber from D1 in D3.
    Quote from Pietrov

What you are talking about happened in a cinematic, so it quite doesn't count.

Sephiroth killed Aerith in a cinematic and that was one of the most memorable parts of any video game ever.

Stop trolling.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Buu

The initial D2 was crap compared to as D2 ended, but again, have you heard anyone saying that D2 at release was more poor than how D1 ended?

You clearly haven't played D1 and/or don't remember the game magazines' reviews for D2 at its release. I even remember that some magazines said "in a few months no one will talk about D2 anymore" and so on. You couldn't be any more wrong.

Quote from Buu

I can't recall ONE example in which this stupid idea of redoing a game franchise with an installment that ignore the previous ones features worked well. Diablo 3 shuld have picked up from where Diablo 2 ended, not somewhere in between the crappy state of D2 and its end.

If you can't recall a number of examples you either haven't played too many computer games or you're really bad at reflecting changes when looking back at the history of game development. Besides, some of the greatest games became great by ignoring previous concepts and revolutionizing or even creating a genre just by trying something new.

Your post shows that you clearly have absolutely not the slightest idea of Blizzard's development policy at all.

That's what new IPs/universes/franchises are for.
    Quote from lorien1973
    I tend to agree that D3 is a victim of giving out pre-alpha footage.

+1
    Ladders don't really matter a whole lot to me. Loot, yes, but ladders... no.

There are some bad ideas in that video too. Like that giant cinematic window for conversations. It'd really get annoying, especially considering how much simple text boxes upset us now. The rest of the game looks the same, just less polished. Especially the sound effects, which are non-existent, but of course that's to be expected.

Cutting Talisman and Mystic were the biggest blows to this game. The game could have used more stuff upon release. It's tough to go from runes/charms/runewords to... rares. Even if it is a brand new game, Blizz should know from WoW, and everyone who competes with their game, any MMO is always at an immediate disadvantage due to how much less content it provides than the reigning champion.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes