How are the new crafted items BiS?

crafting is still totally useless
    Just finished crafting 48 Strength amulets and not a single one was worth a second look. Every single one vendor trash.
    Crafting serves a useful purpose right up until level 60, but I just don't see a way Blizzard can make it work the same way at level 60 without either making it worthless or OP.

IMO they should just go completely sideways with it, like letting us turn salvage into consumables or cosmetic item enhancements. Maybe even actual item enhancements, like paying 500 essence to re-roll a single stat on a given item and letting us choose to keep the new stat or the old one, but at the cost of making the item account-bound.
    Quote from Catalept

Crafting serves a useful purpose right up until level 60, but I just don't see a way Blizzard can make it work the same way at level 60 without either making it worthless or OP.

IMO they should just go completely sideways with it, like letting us turn salvage into consumables or cosmetic item enhancements. Maybe even actual item enhancements, like paying 500 essence to re-roll a single stat on a given item and letting us choose to keep the new stat or the old one, but at the cost of making the item account-bound.

I love the idea, but do you have any idea the massive QQ the forums would see because "Jay Wilson is forcing me to pick up blues."

It'd be pretty bad!
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Catalept

I love the idea, but do you have any idea the massive QQ the forums would see because "Jay Wilson is forcing me to pick up blues."

It'd be pretty bad!

Nominally speaking this crafting change makes that statement already true, given that some of the items are like 50 essences to forge.
    Quote from shaggy

It'd be pretty bad!

Every change generates massive QQ. It's the nature of the beast. Forunately, Blizzard ignores QQ and does their best to pay attention reasoned critiques (God knows how they find it in all the noise). Bottom line, though, is that their current 'vision' for end-game crafting hasn't panned out, and I don't think they can fix it without a redesign.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes