annoying

i don't understand why cannot be sold yellow items unidentified yet. i know wich could be something good or not. is no necessary to stay and clicking on each about 30 times, to stay until its id and after sell. i just want to sell directly what i dont need to id it.
    Add me there for brawling -> mitza #2782
    Don't pick up items you don't want to identify. Problem solved.

But I agree that identifying hundreds of items to get one that sells (even when I'm heavily filtering my pickups) is super lame.
    i pick up items to sell for gold :)
    Quote from mitzza

in the time you used to pick up those items, you could have just killed some more mobs and they will drop even more gold.
    A lot of people agree that the whole ID'ing system is kinda pointless and overall annoying. If anything, I wish we had an NPC to whom we could pay 2k gold (or 5k, whatever) to ID everything.

But if you could sell the yellows without ID'ing, how much would you have the vendor pay for it? A random amount? An arbitrary amount?
    Quote from Hikari

Quote from mitzza

in the time you used to pick up those items, you could have just killed some more mobs and they will drop even more gold.
    no, they will not drop more gold than u can obtain from selling yellows, that's because the average per item its about 5k and mobs can drop about 3-500g, rarely 1-2k and about to pick up items its about 1-2 sec ^^
    Quote from mitzza

no, they will not drop more gold than u can obtain from selling yellows, that's because the average per item its about 5k and mobs can drop about 3-500g, rarely 1-2k and about to pick up items its about 1-2 sec ^^

I believe that it depends on the situation you are in. If you don't have much +gold drop, picking things up may have sense. For me personally there is not... 286% gold find before any stacks plus 19 yards pickup radius and 24% movement speed let's you "fly by" through the mobs without even thinking about picking up stuff. I see 3k stacks very often.
    Quote from mitzza

Quote from Hikari

Quote from mitzza

Avg per vendored item is FAR from 5k. A 3k+ value yellow item is already quite high (never saw higher than 3.8k) and some go bellow 1k. The gold you pickup from ground is increased by GF. I sometimes find 3400g piles.
    Picking up stacks of gold worth even 4k is all well and good, but finding that one trifecta glove/amulet will bring you potential hundreds of millions, which would equate months of picking up said gold piles.

I think it's a good balance. You can just go around and farm gold piles and legendaries - this means you rely on very little to succeed in your daily grind. Picking up everything and going through the items on the hand means you'll waste a lot more time, but the gambling (rare) game can be very rewarding. In fact I think it's a great balance.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

Picking up stacks of gold worth even 4k is all well and good, but finding that one trifecta glove/amulet will bring you potential hundreds of millions, which would equate months of picking up said gold piles.

I think it's a good balance. You can just go around and farm gold piles and legendaries - this means you rely on very little to succeed in your daily grind. Picking up everything and going through the items on the hand means you'll waste a lot more time, but the gambling (rare) game can be very rewarding. In fact I think it's a great balance.
    There are only several type of items, which are worth to pick up - I`m picking up all 1 handed weapons (ilvl 61+), gloves, rings and amulets. Rest of the items are not worthy to pickup simply because even the bad rolled legendary is better.
    Quote from overneathe

Yes of course, but OP was saying that he picks up everything and he would like to ID the ones that can be good (amulets/rings/gloves etc) and simply vendor the rest without wasting time on IDing them. In response, most ppl have advised him to not pick those vendor items up, rather kill more mobs and pickup (walk nearby) the gold they drop.

I think not picking up amulets/rings/gloves would be illogical, because not even legendaries can be better for many classes/builds and they are very expensive even with medium values.
    Quote from Turtel

In response, most ppl have advised him to not pick those vendor items up, rather kill more mobs and pickup (walk nearby) the gold they drop.

Indeed, I mostly agree with that as well.

Ha. Bagstone.

Thread titles without a description of what the topic is about, forcing people to open up the post, is even more annoying.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Quote from rebjorn

Thread titles without a description of what the topic is about, forcing people to open up the post, is even more annoying.

That's why there is a preview button (Down arrow) next to the thread title...
    Quote from Zuchi

Quote from rebjorn

That's why there is a preview button (Down arrow) next to the thread title...

Yah! cause it's fun to go through every thread and click arrows to read the post because people want to try and be cool and witty interweb guyz and make cute titles clearly meant to get attention.

I don't read them because they are obnoxious, and anything they have to say is probably just as obnoxious and said to get attention instead of spark any kind of real conversation.
    That whole "unidentified item" mechanic is sort of useless anyway. I don't see the reason for it. It's just a time waster. If you can't sell them then I don't see the point of having to identify objects in the first place.

The system would make sense if you had to do things to identify the item outside of just clicking it, but we don't have any system like that, so it's pointless.
    Jellyfish are the one and only true Wizards
    When I was playing regularly, I only picked up rares that had the best chance to roll profitable items.

E.g:

Legendaries/sets
    1-handed non-class specific weapons (swords, axes, daggers, etc.)
    All jewelry
    All gloves

While all the other rares could roll "godly" stats, they're most often overshadowed by legendary and set items:

Lacuni generally better than rare bracers (at least DPS-wise)
    Vile Ward > rare shoulders
    Depth Diggers, class-specific set pants > rare pants
    Class-specific set chest pieces > rare chest armor
    Mempo, Andariel's, class-specific legendary/set helms > rare helms
    Ice Climbers, class-specific boots > rare boots
    Skorn > pretty much all rare 2-handed weapons
    Manticore > 99% of rare crossbows
    Deadman's > rare quivers
    Triumvirate, Chantodo's Force > rare sources
    Ukksbgksgk23ush1ye Serpant, Zuni > rare mojos

...You get the idea.

That's why I only picked up a certain number of rares and focused more on clearing areas as fast as possible and restart the run. Sure, I'll pick up other rares sometimes, but usually only if they drop right in front of me and I don't have to move too far to grab them (this includes opening up chests and flipping bodies, activities I generally skip).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Ghost_Sanguis

That whole "unidentified item" mechanic is sort of useless anyway. I don't see the reason for it. It's just a time waster. If you can't sell them then I don't see the point of having to identify objects in the first place.

The system would make sense if you had to do things to identify the item outside of just clicking it, but we don't have any system like that, so it's pointless.

I'd say the cast time on it is useless OR like some one said, an npc that would ID all with 1 click for a fee would be great too.

Monsters dropping identified items however, would be a complete nightmare. Imagine you have to ctrl+mouseover and read atleast 2 lines on each rare item to see if its worth picking up. You wouldn't even know the type of the item from its name. You would end up picking up everything, unless you would clearly see the item type from its shape on the ground, which is often not the case.
    Quote from Turtel

Quote from Ghost_Sanguis

I'd say the cast time on it is useless OR like some one said, an npc that would ID all with 1 click for a fee would be great too.

Monsters dropping identified items however, would be a complete nightmare. Imagine you have to ctrl+mouseover and read atleast 2 lines on each rare item to see if its worth picking up. You wouldn't even know the type of the item from its name. You would end up picking up everything, unless you would clearly see the item type from its shape on the ground, which is often not the case.

I pick up everything, at least rares anyway.
    Jellyfish are the one and only true Wizards
    Quote from Zero(pS)

If anything, I wish we had an NPC to whom we could pay 2k gold (or 5k, whatever) to ID everything.

Well we did... then the retards killed Cain >.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes