Exactly how i feel about D3

8 months is not a long time at all in a games life.
    Look at any other games, and you find that very few get major content patches more than once a year.
    Yes PVP should have been introduced by now, but they don't like the way it worked, so its getting changed. no use crying over split milk, time to move on. if you bought D3 for the PVP aspect game well that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Game is too easy... Well yes, maybe it is too easy if your in the sort of gear and have the gold that the likes of krip has access too.
    The big nerfs that happened where needed for the casual player base which is what the majority of the games make up will be, it is also this casual player base that is still having a blast playing the game, and working through the MP levels to have a challenge.

The only people I see complaining are the ones that have either bought a load of gear / gold from the RMAH and decked out there characters and have nothing else to work towards other than paragon leveling which we can all agree get tedious at times, or those that have a huge amount of playtime behind them and are decked out in gear that allows them to stomp all over the hardest content without a seconds thought.

Are there problems with the game ? Most definitely. Things like mob density in certain acts / zones making it better so much better for farming paragon and items than others that you hardly go to other zones or acts outside of key farming. There is also the problem of rampant inflation of gold prices meaning at a certain point of a characters development people have no other choice than to buy gold if they want to improve there character further. its not unusual to see items going for 50 - 60 million gold, and unless you get a massively lucky on a drop with a trifector the only way to obtain this amount is either to buy gold, or to play the AH and flip things which only further starves new players for items due to gold price on items going through the roof.

Do I have solutions ? To some things yes, increasing the density of mobs in various acts and zones at random would be a start,
    increasing the drop rate of trifector items would over time bring the cost of them down to a more reasonable level.
    Some sort of massive gold sink for the players with large amounts of gold, things like adding / Changing an extra stat / or gem socket.

There is no solution for those players who are decked in god like gear, Sorry to say this but your your just going to have to wait until an expansion / PVP comes out. I also have little sympathy for these players when they complain that its too easy. Blizzard are a business, and have to cater to largest possible audience to gain the revenue for the severs. in this case the largest possible audience are casual players like myself who have less than 600 hours total played across all my characters since the game went live 8 months ago.
    I still have hope for D3, but they need to make some real changes. Not just adding 100 levels, 10 more difficulties, and 3 psuedo-new boss fights.

No matter ow much they add, so far alls they have done is adjust the difficulty and increase the number of rares/legs you get.
    But this doesnt matter at all unless they can make the entire loot system actually worth farming. They may as well replace all items with gold, and add gear to the AH, the game will feel exactly the same. Farm hours on end to get gold, then play the AH to gear your character.

It is so depressing/annoying/dissappointing/frustrating to even ID loot. 99% of items are complete trash, and just serve to fill our gold amount to go play the AH. That to me is the core issue, and until it is resolved, no amount of content will help.
    Quote from Boss_Hogg

How is D3 different from any other game you've experienced with the same thesis: spend money, sit on your ass, and push buttons?

If gaming is only pushing buttons for you maybe you should find another hobby?
    You know, there are some games that let you feel something inside of you. That's why ppl like video games i guess. They give this little dose of emotions.
    I will give you example from PoE because its the same type of the game. I felt like i'm couple years back in time to older h&s games when i played the beta for the first time. I felt this old style gaming feeling, you know what i mean? After i played it for some time i felt some kind of satisfaction that i can go so far on HC because the game is damn hard compared to other games these days.
    Answering your question - D3 in the current state doesn't have "fun factor" for me. Something that let you say "daaaaaaamn that was nice".

Somebody asked why i posted the topic if I don't have any hope in this game. I've made it because some ppl maybe don't know about Kripp and he makes a good point so i think its at least worth watching, isn't it?
    Quote from overneathe

I liked this part the most:
    But it is Diablo, it is something so special for many of us that we can't let go, and d3 being in such a bad state does not help this feeling.

Well sorry my bad I was too edgy. Got some sleep in the meantime:)
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from TehAdi

Quote from Boss_Hogg

How is D3 different from any other game you've experienced with the same thesis: spend money, sit on your ass, and push buttons?

Somebody asked why i posted the topic if I don't have any hope in this game. I've made it because some ppl maybe don't know about Kripp and he makes a good point so i think its at least worth watching, isn't it?

I appreciated it. I don't have a ton of time (14 hour work schedule) to search all the streams etc. going on. I mostly check Diablofans and official forums during workdays, so when good videos like these are made, I enjoy them being linked. As long as it isnt every scrub streamer posting pointless videos. But most of the ones posted here are pretty valuable and spark interesting discussion on the game.

The ones about flipping 1 item, or IDing hellfires I could do without though.....they really dont add much to discussion. Luckily its only 1 guy doing that, and I've learned to ignore his posts now.
    Quote from Litheum

.........so when good videos like these are made........

Other than the fact that Kripp is a known gaming personality.....I'm not sure this video could be described accurately as "good". Strip away his notoriety and this is just 10 minutes of a neck-beard stating the obvious.

He never really attempted to paint an intelligent picture of what he believes dueling/PvP will present the player with, nor how the implementation of dueling/PvP may create a far more dynamic experience for the player.

I find it hard to believe he omitted any mention of this by accident. I think he's very disgruntled (as many of us are) and only made this video to flip his middle finger at the game in general without being objective.

It is my prediction that the implementation of dueling via 1.07 will witness an extreme uptempo in player activity, players coming back and staying after being gone for long periods of time and I expect the resurgence to be consistent for a long period of time.

I cannot help but to feel like we, the players, have not made enough fuss about dueling/hostile. Instead, we bitched about the supposed "Death Match" being so late and we failed ourselves by not screaming from the highest building in-mass about them just giving us a dueling/hostile option until they figure it out.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Sigma

Are there problems with the game ? Most definitely. Things like mob density in certain acts / zones making it better so much better for farming paragon and items than others that you hardly go to other zones or acts outside of key farming. There is also the problem of rampant inflation of gold prices meaning at a certain point of a characters development people have no other choice than to buy gold if they want to improve there character further. its not unusual to see items going for 50 - 60 million gold, and unless you get a massively lucky on a drop with a trifector the only way to obtain this amount is either to buy gold, or to play the AH and flip things which only further starves new players for items due to gold price on items going through the roof.

Combat is great, I have much better feeling killing in D3 then in TL2

My biggest issue is the itemization - there is no "surprise", all the items required needs to be same. Also the drops are terrible - they doubled legendary drops, but it is still not enough from my point of view.
    Moldran looted 45 (I think) legendary items in 12 hours marathon - is 3,75/hour enough? I don`t think so.
    Interesting video and answers.

I believe that our problem is that us gamers have became very impatient and that a lot of people who approached d3 were so used to MMO's that they still don't understand why "a new dungeon has not been added". Im betting most people who got sick of the game have at least 500hrs on it and that already shows that this game isnt a "massive fail" like a read earlier.

I believe that the games problem is no resets and no pvp. I'm a hardcore player and have been since d2, and i miss my ears :)
    Of course you could moan about itemization, but frankly there isn't much to hope from that POV...

Concerning difficulty, I agree with kripp. I would have prefered a majority of people staying in hell instead of the game getting nerfed to the point where you can run a3 with 450K eHP...

As I read earlier, i really believe duelling will bring people back, and I hope that we wont wait another 8 months before something really easy like "hostile mode" comes out...
    Quote from Boss_Hogg

What's the point of any video game? To make you spend money, sit on your ass, and push buttons until you eventually bore of it. Then rinse and repeat. How is D3 different from any other game you've experienced with the same thesis: spend money, sit on your ass, and push buttons?

It's different - i make money through D3 :). this while having a dayle hour or two of fun crushing monsters in mp0-3 and occasionally farming some organs when i feel i need the challenge of mp 6-7.
    so all in all the changes so far were good to me, though i am as eager as all of you to see pvp.
    Quote from TehAdi
    Quote from Boss_Hogg
    If gaming is only pushing buttons for you maybe you should find another hobby.

I'm a bass player, and all I do is fret and pluck strings. Maybe I should find another hobby as well, eh?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes