I keep hearing all this 'blame Jay Wilson' stuff but..

This kind of topic is funny with alot thinking every diablo flaw has to do anything with bobby kotic. Newsflash bobby kotic had anything to do with how aweful the item drops were and how we dont have any pvp. The problem in gaming company is never because of one man and CEO cant be blamed for shit like diablo 3 or mass effect 3 ending or AC series story becoming convulged shit in can.

Now the other side, still trying to defend blizzard after all these years. Its clearly not the same company and seriously this game is just pure trash by today standard. Now you can defend them at release and i did, i saw a great future, they promised PVP shortly before release, then shortly before christmas for sure and now here we are with NOTHING. Im sorry but this NOTHING doesent float, theres no way to defend such practice. A PART OF THE GAME WAS MISSING AND PROMISED TO COME OUT SHORTLY AFTER THE RELASE, I PAID FOR THAT FEATURE AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE IT AVAILABLE. THERE IS NO REASON TO DEFEND THESE KIND OF MARKETING PRACTICE IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER.

This is a path blizzard has taken more and more, release shit and then fix later, way later when people have been in arms for half a year. Just look at world of warcraft (thank god i havent been addicated to that game for years), they make full player beta every expansion, have millions of feedback on things like class balance, things that are sometime 100% obivious, nothing is done. Then 3 months after the release they act on the very thing players warn them about, and appologise saying the players were right so fucking often its pretty much sad now. How many time such a situation happens to them? Like 200 time per expansion. This cycle never end. They dont care about the players, they care about the cash. Once the buying slows down, they finally do something.

Blizzard is a shadow of itself and the next 5 years will make it more apparent then ever. Every single new release from this company is going into a downward spiral, next wow expansion will be a huge critical bust, even more then diablo 3, same thing goes for Titan. Its only gona be critical failure from there, until consumer realise the critics are right and leave this joint.

I seen the future and it doesent look well and no its not because of bobby kotic or activision or the merge. Its because of time and the shadow of blizzard. The lack of originality, look even Torchlight 2 didnt do too well, those are blizzard north original crew, its not lack of talent. That talent is still set like its the 90s and the rest of the world moved on from this kind of cheap crap. Same reason old farts like Peter Molyneux at some point made some amazing games in the 90s, then everything he touched is mediocre, he is just out of the loop. Blizzard is at the end of their loop.
    Quote from MeffectM

A PART OF THE GAME WAS MISSING AND PROMISED TO COME OUT SHORTLY AFTER THE RELASE, I PAID FOR THAT FEATURE AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE IT AVAILABLE. THERE IS NO REASON TO DEFEND THESE KIND OF MARKETING PRACTICE IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER.

It said PvP will be released post-release, learn to read and grow up.
    Quote from Domeotaku

Quote from MeffectM

A PART OF THE GAME WAS MISSING AND PROMISED TO COME OUT SHORTLY AFTER THE RELASE, I PAID FOR THAT FEATURE AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE IT AVAILABLE. THERE IS NO REASON TO DEFEND THESE KIND OF MARKETING PRACTICE IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER.

Actually it was repeated multiple times before and after release that it was shortly, on their website, in their interview and on their tweeters. It was even mentioned in may by Jay wilson it would be way before christmas. Post-release can be anytime ever, thats not what was said however. You need to grow some balls and stop being abused by companies as a consumer, thats actually part of growing up. Diablo 3 is a huge consumer abuse and next year will make it even more obivious. You can stay on this sinking ship and defend it until you drown with it for all i care. In 2014 youll have some Moba clone PVP announcement and be happy about it, most of us will have forgotten this crap.

None of this is because of a single man.
    Quote from MeffectM

Quote from Domeotaku

Quote from MeffectM

Actually it was repeated multiple times before and after release that it was shortly, on their website, in their interview and on their tweeters. It was even mentioned in may by Jay wilson it would be way before christmas. Post-release can be anytime ever, thats not what was said however. You need to grow some balls and stop being abused by companies as a consumer, thats actually part of growing up. Diablo 3 is a huge consumer abuse and next year will make it even more obivious. You can stay on this sinking ship and defend it until you drown with it for all i care. In 2014 youll have some Moba clone PVP announcement and be happy about it, most of us will have forgotten this crap.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/what-is

http://puu.sh/1H4VY
    PvP Arenas will be available post-launch.

Can you not read?
    Quote from Domeotaku

Quote from MeffectM

Quote from Domeotaku

Quote from MeffectM

http://eu.battle.net...en/game/what-is

Can you not read?

Wow man lets link 1 videos out of the 30 they made and the tweeter posts haha? Jay wilson said it would be out before christmas multiple times. I dont even need to post links, everyone remembers it. Im not sure what you dont understand, their label said post launch, which can mean 2012 or 3500. However their mods, devs, marketer, outside of this statement of post launch specified multiple times: we could expect things before the next year, before christmas, "soon" and the list goes on. Because they want to keep you hyped forever about these crap. Now its duel soon, pvp revision!, this summer its gona be you cant wait for the diablo Moba clone pvp, then next winter its gona be its almost finished, we swear its fun. Keep waiting for them.

As i said you can keep taking the abuse, its clear you are now the minority that will keep taking them. Im pretty sure you are the type of players they could get away sending you a full expansion at 59.99 again and say most of the storyline and game feature will be added post launch, youll buy it and keep defending them when you dont receive anything for a full year. Hey they said post launch it could mean 2060????!!

Theres enough good video games out there where waiting a year for a single feature in a game that was promised doesent float and D3 is about coming this time. If consumer used your logic, we would get even more buttfucked by corporations of any kind, well it said send later, pay later, post launch, it could mean year 3000!!!! Lets not expect a legitimate time frame, especially when half the company said it was "soon", before " christmas" before next "year" and the list goes on.

If post launch was their only answer, they would have keept their trap shut, instead of trying to hype people all the time.

Now go and farm to farm to farm faster to farm. One day in 2014 your farming will make it so you can pvp against the 10 players left that will queue in pvp.
    Quote from Buu

... Wyatt Cheng is THE ONLY MAN behind most of Diablo content. How can a producer spend to much money in graphic and cinematics team and put ONE GUY to make the work of a TEAM, because he is not putting the money on what's important: GAME MECHANICS.

Right, we have not one ONE MAN but two ONE MAN cases in D3. Great piece of investigation there mate!

PS. Below picture is not taken directly from Diablo 3 credits and it does not blow your theory to smithereens!

PSS. More conspiracy theories please, must be one of them for sure.
    Quote from MeffectM
    The lack of originality, look even Torchlight 2 didnt do too well, those are blizzard north original crew, its not lack of talent. That talent is still set like its the 90s and the rest of the world moved on from this kind of cheap crap.

Hmmm actually, for being a Indie Game it did amazingly well.
    I got it on steam...didnt found much time to play yet... perhaps sometime in the next weeks.

Quote from MeffectM
    Same reason old farts like Peter Molyneux at some point made some amazing games in the 90s, then everything he touched is mediocre, he is just out of the loop. Blizzard is at the end of their loop.

Dont insult the "God"father dude :)
    I agree he didnt release good games after Populous, but his new Kickstarter (Godus) looks simply amazing.
    Thats something people should support (which i did)...and not the greedy big Publishers.

Or here, something like this (Path of Exile):
    http://www.twitch.tv...06620?t=109m33s

Chris Wilson / Lead Designer (Path of Exile) in TS2 with Kripparian discussing Game Mechanics,
    or how to make the Game better. WORKING ALONGSIDE GAMERS....a long lost tradition.

My spending habbits go more and more into f2p / kickstarter / greenlight titels nowdays.
    I dont trust Publishers anymore...EA / Activision / UBI... they all can burn in Hell.
    all they deliver is 50 Euro - 30-50 Hours Fastfood Games without a Heart or Soul.
    I mean, just look at Call of Duty.. they sell you the SAME game year after year... its brilliant to be honest^^
    They earn Billions with it... and they are to cheap to actually develop & deliver a Next Gen Engine.

Now, this went quite offtopic...
    sorry for that, just wanted to enlighten some people here that there is still hope on the gaming horizon.
    Quote from MeffectM

Quote from Domeotaku

Quote from MeffectM

Quote from Domeotaku

Quote from MeffectM

http://eu.battle.net...en/game/what-is

Can you not read?

Wow man lets link 1 videos out of the 30 they made and the tweeter posts haha? Jay wilson said it would be out before christmas multiple times. I dont even need to post links, everyone remembers it. Im not sure what you dont understand, their label said post launch, which can mean 2012 or 3500. However their mods, devs, marketer, outside of this statement of post launch specified multiple times: we could expect things before the next year, before christmas, "soon" and the list goes on. Because they want to keep you hyped forever about these crap. Now its duel soon, pvp revision!, this summer its gona be you cant wait for the diablo Moba clone pvp, then next winter its gona be its almost finished, we swear its fun. Keep waiting for them.

As i said you can keep taking the abuse, its clear you are now the minority that will keep taking them. Im pretty sure you are the type of players they could get away sending you a full expansion at 59.99 again and say most of the storyline and game feature will be added post launch, youll buy it and keep defending them when you dont receive anything for a full year. Hey they said post launch it could mean 2060????!!

Theres enough good video games out there where waiting a year for a single feature in a game that was promised doesent float and D3 is about coming this time. If consumer used your logic, we would get even more buttfucked by corporations of any kind, well it said send later, pay later, post launch, it could mean year 3000!!!! Lets not expect a legitimate time frame, especially when half the company said it was "soon", before " christmas" before next "year" and the list goes on.

If post launch was their only answer, they would have keept their trap shut, instead of trying to hype people all the time.

Now go and farm to farm to farm faster to farm. One day in 2014 your farming will make it so you can pvp against the 10 players left that will queue in pvp.

He said it would be a disaster if it wouldn't be out before christmas and that they want to bring it out within a few months.
    If you know how to read then you should be able to notice that they're only speculating, they didn't give you some kind of guarantee that you would get PvP within the next few months.

Now stop it with your immature crying, the screenshot was from the official Bnet D3 information page and not some kind of comment on a thread or a personal twitter post made by 1 person, It's sad to see pathetic people like you everywhere.
    Quote from Nikdik

Blame Robert Kotick, the mans sure knows how to sodomize the good name of a company. Jay WIlson is the face of the Diablo team but he is a simple puppet, a Darth Vader to Kotick's Emperor Palpatine. Here's a tasteful morsel for your reading displeasure

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=128252

You are clearly completely in the dark about how Blizzard actually works. It amazes me people can say things they have absolutely no knowledge of, and say it like it is fact.
    Quote from Litheum
    You are clearly completely in the dark about how Blizzard actually works. It amazes me people can say things they have absolutely no knowledge of, and say it like it is fact.

Why dont you enlighten us ?
    Apperently you haven't even looked at the Topic on teamliquid.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes