Someone locked my original tread about avoid Botting

Hello there admins @ diablofans, could we please get a bluepost if you believe the tread should be locked, I have no clue why it is locked, I wanted to reply back to the people that wrote in my tread so I'll do it here, I have reported him to blizzard/hacks 3 times but obviously they're not handling nor responding back to reports even not when backed up by hard evidence. I've tried alot to get this user locked down, people like him ruin the diablo 3 game, and I want to do something about it, as another user said he accidently streamed his bot log on twitch, do you really think he should get away with stuff like that?

Guy's he's a known partner with twitch, proven cheater so basicly he's earning money while ruining our game, is this really what you want?

and if I've been violating any rules in my former tread at least bluepost it and write why you locked it

regards Morten
    Diablo 3 was ruined before release and they've spent the time since trying to fix it. Botters don't really make it any worse. Blizzard won't tell you anything to do with their investigations. Report then move on.
    "For the price of one bullet you can eat 4 hotcakes." - Vash the Stampede.
    Your thread got locked by an admin and he posted a reply: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/81458-i-believe-i-have-very-important-news/#entry1101185

Again, these are not the official forums, so there are no "blue posts". His name tag is blue, that's all you'll get.

Another thing is that all you can do is report him and phrase the report as convincing as possible. Phrasing multiple reports, rude language, name calling, public outcry etc. are all things that somehow violate Blizzard's ToS and you can't fight someone who's breaking the law by breaking the law yourself. Stay patient and polite. If Blizzard has the evidence and they still haven't banned him, they will have damn good reason to do so.

Last but not least, the reason why the thread got locked (and this one will get locked as well, I suppose) is what was already kind of mentioned in the other thread: these people are attention whores. He even has a Twitch stream, earns money with this, and by posting the stream you're helping him to get users because even though it's illegal what he's doing, people go there and want to "check your evidence". So by trying to fight him, you're actually doing him a big favor by making his stream more popular. And this is exactly why Blizzard is not posting all the names of the most famous botters on a big wall, proclaiming them great martyrs, but just quietly closes the accounts as soon as they have enough evidence (after all, if they close someone who's not a bot there'll be a shitstorm).
    "One Botter, Million more where they come from"
    Quote from Bagstone

Your thread got locked by an admin and he posted a reply: http://www.diablofan...s/#entry1101185

Again, these are not the official forums, so there are no "blue posts". His name tag is blue, that's all you'll get.

Another thing is that all you can do is report him and phrase the report as convincing as possible. Phrasing multiple reports, rude language, name calling, public outcry etc. are all things that somehow violate Blizzard's ToS and you can't fight someone who's breaking the law by breaking the law yourself. Stay patient and polite. If Blizzard has the evidence and they still haven't banned him, they will have damn good reason to do so.

Last but not least, the reason why the thread got locked (and this one will get locked as well, I suppose) is what was already kind of mentioned in the other thread: these people are attention whores. He even has a Twitch stream, earns money with this, and by posting the stream you're helping him to get users because even though it's illegal what he's doing, people go there and want to "check your evidence". So by trying to fight him, you're actually doing him a big favor by making his stream more popular. And this is exactly why Blizzard is not posting all the names of the most famous botters on a big wall, proclaiming them great martyrs, but just quietly closes the accounts as soon as they have enough evidence (after all, if they close someone who's not a bot there'll be a shitstorm).

Everything that needed to be said was said here. Thanks Bagstone.

Locked.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes