The easiest fix for Reflect Damage (for those who needs it)

Nothing is wrong with Reflect damage. Your not ment to be a glass cannon.

This is retarded because I have 69k hp, 8,1k armor, 612 All resist, 8.4% Life steal, 15% melee damage reduction and the 30% barb damage reduction.
    Does this look like a glass cannon to you?
    Whenever I go on MP8-10 to farm keys and I come up to an RD group and I manage to Smash more than 3 of them at the same time (1.3m HotA:Smash hit x 3 mobs) I insta-kill my self.

Edit: Totaly forgot this.
    The easiest way to fix RD is:
    a. Champ packs.
    Have one RD shield effect only on one champ, like normal shielding is working right now.
    b. Elite packs.
    Only the main elite mob should be able to reflect damage.

This is retarded because I have 69k hp, 8,1k armor, 612 All resist, 8.4% Life steal, 15% melee damage reduction and the 30% barb damage reduction.
    Does this look like a glass cannon to you?
    Whenever I go on MP8-10 to farm keys and I come up to an RD group and I manage to Smash more than 3 of them at the same time (1.3m HotA:Smash hit x 3 mobs) I insta-kill my self.

Edit: Totaly forgot this.
    The easiest way to fix RD is:
    a. Champ packs.
    Have one RD shield effect only on one champ, like normal shielding is working right now.
    b. Elite packs.
    Only the main elite mob should be able to reflect damage.

You must be a very special snowflake then. Because nobody else with around 69k hp, 8,1k armor, 612 All resist, 8.4% Life steal, 15% melee damage reduction and the 30% barb damage reduction. are even close to insta-kill themself.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Huminator, I would just like to say that it is posts like yours that put games into the ground.

basically saying 'the game is fine because I'M not having any issues with it'.

RD as a consept is completely counter intuitive to any logic to be found in games. I play games to have fun, to make my charactor stronger, faster, and just better. RD just straight punishes you for having better gear. Every time I die to it, I contemplate uninstalling the game. And if one person who actually does the research of a game, strives for competent builds and gear set ups is having this issue, then how many other people who just casually play the game are having it, and thinking the same thing.

the people who post on these forums are for the most part the top 1% players of the game simply by vertue of being well informed and attempting to better themselves. everyone else will run into these RD mobs and just get stone walled.

the biggest problem with RD isnt even the amount, for all i care they could double, triple or hell even make it as strong as iron maiden was in D2, the problems is there is no way to use SKILL to avoid the damage. my build and gear choices should not even matter if im GOOD enough to get the job done. this is an action game. gear checks should not be a part of it in ANY way. this is not WoW were proper gating is needed to prolong the life of the game/content.

and your argument about being a glass cannon is apperently being thrown around with out any testing on your part as well. my DH prioritizes defence over her DPS, and STILL i have gear swaps for LS, LoH and even MORE defences. she will simply one shot her self even on MP0. My build lets me kill every other champion pack in the game simply using vault to skillfully avoid and dodge attacks. Hell i dont even play with any LS or LoH normally because my defences are good enough to handle any mistakes. i swap only to fight RD, and even that just lets me die half as often.

the argument about ignore the affix completely, well my barb already does that because i actually like using rend with lifesteal, no issues, my monk ignores it because i happen to like building him as a tank with tons of LoH.

RD is either too powerful or completely worthless depending on build, and forcing people into builds because of it is also a horrible way to design a game.

my opinion if any one is still reading at this point is to increase the reflect ALOT but have it pulse on and off like shields do. so that some form of skill or tactics can be used in this action game.
    Indeed, make RD a switch on/off effect but more punishing would be a much better solution.

More armor, more physical resist and less damage all fixes it. As i said, your not ment to be a glass cannon and 99.9% of players focus only on their offensive stats such as main stat, crit, crit damage and attack speed. Defensive stats are equaly important. If your struggling with reflect damage mobs, your defence is not on par with your offence, thats a problem you created, which means its a problem you solve. Not Blizzard.

You're a fool. RD is bugged in some of the minions of elite monsters, Blizzard themselves said so.
    RD is fine.

Huminator, I would just like to say that it is posts like yours that put games into the ground.

RD as a consept is completely counter intuitive to any logic to be found in games. I play games to have fun, to make my charactor stronger, faster, and just better. RD just straight punishes you for having better gear. Every time I die to it, I contemplate uninstalling the game. And if one person who actually does the research of a game, strives for competent builds and gear set ups is having this issue, then how many other people who just casually play the game are having it, and thinking the same thing.

the people who post on these forums are for the most part the top 1% players of the game simply by vertue of being well informed and attempting to better themselves. everyone else will run into these RD mobs and just get stone walled.

the biggest problem with RD isnt even the amount, for all i care they could double, triple or hell even make it as strong as iron maiden was in D2, the problems is there is no way to use SKILL to avoid the damage. my build and gear choices should not even matter if im GOOD enough to get the job done. this is an action game. gear checks should not be a part of it in ANY way. this is not WoW were proper gating is needed to prolong the life of the game/content.

and your argument about being a glass cannon is apperently being thrown around with out any testing on your part as well. my DH prioritizes defence over her DPS, and STILL i have gear swaps for LS, LoH and even MORE defences. she will simply one shot her self even on MP0. My build lets me kill every other champion pack in the game simply using vault to skillfully avoid and dodge attacks. Hell i dont even play with any LS or LoH normally because my defences are good enough to handle any mistakes. i swap only to fight RD, and even that just lets me die half as often.

the argument about ignore the affix completely, well my barb already does that because i actually like using rend with lifesteal, no issues, my monk ignores it because i happen to like building him as a tank with tons of LoH.

RD is either too powerful or completely worthless depending on build, and forcing people into builds because of it is also a horrible way to design a game.

my opinion if any one is still reading at this point is to increase the reflect ALOT but have it pulse on and off like shields do. so that some form of skill or tactics can be used in this action game.

Yeah god forbid there is a "need to think" affix. Everything should all be mindless easy right? Seriously the game is easy enough as it is already. RD is the only affix left which is just slightly dangerous. And really if you got more than 2 grams of brain, and use the tools your class have, you will dance throu RD aswell.

Its actualy players like you that put games into the ground.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:

Every time I die to it, I contemplate uninstalling the game.

This by the way says it all. Your a pathetic crybaby : )
    Currently played toon:

Profit:

Can you post your DH's armory? And actually, it's posts + players like you that run games into the ground.

Yeah god forbid there is a "need to think" affix. Everything should all be mindless easy right? Seriously the game is easy enough as it is already. RD is the only affix left which is just slightly dangerous. And really if you got more than 2 grams of brain, and use the tools your class have, you will dance throu RD aswell.

starting to wonder if you read anything past the first line...
    -i did not suggest it shouldnt make you think
    -or that it be mindless easy
    actually the opposite,
    -i suggest it be harder, so that even the tools that exist in the game that do make it easy, do not.

maybe i am a crybaby,

however, there are too many game in this world to play one that isnt fun.

Can you post your DH's armory? And actually, it's posts + players like you that run games into the ground.

TIL posting legitimate arguments run games into the ground.
    in anycase I only logged on due to the obvious trollery,

ive made my points, any further arguments will clearly not change any minds.

also, any arguments are moot as was pointed out earlier that RD is both bugged, and getting a rework.

soooooooooo

byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

starting to wonder if you read anything past the first line...
    -i did not suggest it shouldnt make you think
    -or that it be mindless easy
    actually the opposite,
    -i suggest it be harder, so that even the tools that exist in the game that do make it easy, do not.

maybe i am a crybaby,

however, there are too many game in this world to play one that isnt fun.

TIL posting legitimate arguments run games into the ground.

"__ is hard so it needs to be nerfed."

You're whining. Not much of a legitimate argument. Everyone I know personally that plays D3 has never complained about RD being an issue and I rarely even see it around forums.

Isn't the point of Diablo series to gear up in order to kill stuff faster? Find builds that help you kill stuff faster? You know, have fun and all?
    If i can handle 3 MP10 elites at the same time and not die, why should I be punished ("need to think") for an affix that does exactly the opposite?
    You know they removed Shielding Minions because ranged classes could not kill them unless they specced in a certain way.
    Why should I change my build, that I like, in order to kill reflect packs?
    I do not want to spend 10 minutes to kill a pack when I can kill it in 1.
    If they allow us to change builds without losing NV stacks, then please, let them reflect 50% damage back.
    Once more patches come in and we do more damage, there is not enough life steal in this game to negate the damage we do.

Ps.
    If the reflect damage from the minions is really bugged and it's getting fixed then ignore all the above since it's the only thing that kills me.
    why does less damage fix anything? u just need enough defenses so that u steal more hp then the damage part isn't a big deal and lowering ur damage just means u take longer to kill urself

See my Barb and tell me that I have to low res or anything!!!!!!!!!
    I am dying from RD !!!!!!!

640phy res 73k hp 140k dps

http://eu.battle.net...603/hero/321573
    http://www.diablopro.../Bezarim/321573

!!!! COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----
    I can solo mp10 ubers even behemot, but some elites with RD are unbeatable, I have to die 5 times to beat those cunts

And TELL ME THAT I AM TOO LOW GEARED !!!!!!!! peace :miniD:
    So many barb tears. Finaly found something your not godlike at? Have it ever occured to you, to stop hota spamming 3 RD mobs(3-4mill dmg) at the same time? Make sure your hota only hits 1 target, else use your frenzy. Seriously its not rocket science.

Don't blame your own stupidity at an affix.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:

See my Barb and tell me that I have to low res or anything!!!!!!!!!
    I am dying from RD !!!!!!!

640phy res 73k hp 140k dps

http://eu.battle.net...603/hero/321573
    http://www.diablopro.../Bezarim/321573

!!!! COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----
    I can solo mp10 ubers even behemot, but some elites with RD are unbeatable, I have to die 5 times to beat those cunts

And TELL ME THAT I AM TOO LOW GEARED !!!!!!!! peace :miniD:

Hmmm before I managed to die with my WD, I had around:

60-65% reduced from armor and all resist
    35k hp
    20% reduced from Jungle fortitude

30-40k dps

RD gave little to no trouble, I was only close to triggering death proc once, when I didn't notice it was a RD pack and just went apeshit with my Zombie Bears.

You problem is you have to much dmg to survivability ratio (leeching also plays a part). So either you skip RD pack, or change your gear. If you don't like those options:

THE EXIT IS THAT-A-WAY ------------------>
    Winter is coming...

More armor, more physical resist and less damage all fixes it. As i said, your not ment to be a glass cannon and 99.9% of players focus only on their offensive stats such as main stat, crit, crit damage and attack speed. Defensive stats are equaly important. If your struggling with reflect damage mobs, your defence is not on par with your offence, thats a problem you created, which means its a problem you solve. Not Blizzard.

You're a fool. RD is bugged in some of the minions of elite monsters, Blizzard themselves said so.

Thanks for the info, I thought I was the only player finding strange that RD minions were doing way more damage than RD elites or champions !
    Ok, US battle.net is online now so I had a look in the bug report forum.
    Some types of RD minions and some types of RD champs are reflecting 2 and sometimes 3 hits when you actually hit them once.
    Edit:
    I logged in and and tried MP0. The first elite reflect pack was Bloodclan Maulers. I hit one minion for 120k with frenzy and it reflected two 3200 hits and a 12 hit (thorns I guess).
    They really are bugged.
    The thing you gotta remember is that even if you have enough mitigation and life steal to negate reflect damage you have given up all your sustainability just to negate that damage. Any additional sources of damage will cause you to die very quickly; phasebeasts cutting you to pieces for example. This is further exasperated the longer it takes you to kill the pack. I don't usually have this trouble myself because I tend to kill packs quickly, but because of your reduced sustainability due to RD, once you get low there is nothing you can do other than run in circles waiting for your potion to come off cooldown or die. And potions don't really go very far once you have 50k+ healthpools.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes