The RNG for you

So, I was wondering, how RNG treats others.

I am currently plvl 52 and so far in my whole career I got following items:
    1 item I sold for 25m+
    1 item I sold for 20m+
    4-7 items I sold for 10m+
    around 15 items I sold for 5-10m
    (I pick up around 90% of yellows)

Since there are no official statistics, I wonder, did RNG treated me badly and how my luck 'compares' to other people.

So, I'd be grateful if you told me how RNG treated you!
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    My list is similar, with a couple notable differences; (Plvl29)

1 Storm Shield (pre 1.03) 100m (these used to go for top dollar)
    1 Pair of Nats Bloody Footprints (damn good roll) 40m
    1 Incredible Thing of the Deep (and like 20 so-so ones) 15m
    Decent IK Helm x 2 (sold one) 12m
    Around 20 or so 2-5m Legendary/Set
    only got one item in 37 paragon lvls that sold for a resonable amount and that I might have sold too cheap.
    got a vile ward that sold for 300mil
    and then a few mediocre 10mil legendaries including a close to perfect triumvirate that just wouldn't sell
    I have a PL 46 barbarian. I managed to sell a wand around 27 millions, but that's it. No other sells over 3 millions.

Rng hates me. I'm always one affix away from nice items.
    Hmm... what are your kill stats though?

For example, my wizard has over 45,000 elite kills and close to 1 million lifetime kills. I've gotten several items that I've sold for 100M, with my best drops being a max crit chance Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross that sold for 300M pretty recently and a dex/crit Lacuni Prowlers that sold for 500M back when 1.04 first hit with the new legendaries.

Then there are the tons of 10-25M items that drop throughout the week whenever I have a steady farming rhythm going.

All I can say is—and I seriously preach this to anyone who feels like they're starved for valuable drops—kill faster, farm faster, kill more, farm more.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Paragon lvl 45. 5 items that sold for 10-15 mil, and a few more that sold for less than 2 mil.
    PL 58

Sold a Manticore for 55 Million Gold.
    Sold x2 Legendaries for around 20 Million Gold.
    Sold Inna's set legs for 45 Million gold.
    Sold various other items for 10 Million or less.

I have yet to find an item that was worth somewhere in the 100s of Millions.
    Quote from Jaetch

For example, my wizard has over 45,000 elite kills and close to 1 million lifetime kills. I've gotten several items that I've sold for 100M, with my best drops being a max crit chance Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross that sold for 300M pretty recently and a dex/crit Lacuni Prowlers that sold for 500M back when 1.04 first hit with the new legendaries.

Then there are the tons of 10-25M items that drop throughout the week whenever I have a steady farming rhythm going.

All I can say is—and I seriously preach this to anyone who feels like they're starved for valuable drops—kill faster, farm faster, kill more, farm more.

This!

I'm a p58 with about 36k elite kills. Probably on a average farm weekend where I play 15-20 hours I make 200-300 mil give or take. My highest sale was a Tal's chest with perfect AR for 125 mil right after 1.04. I tend to underprice stuff so it sells fast, the last week I sold a almost perfect rolled wiz set off hand with arcane on cit t for 85 mil (sold in less then 10 min....) mempo for 42, ammy for 60, ice climbers for 30, crit/crit 1100 dps mace for 50, can even remember but another 10-15 items for 10-20 mil.
    Quote from Richtko

Quote from Jaetch

This!

I'm a p58 with about 36k elite kills. Probably on a average farm weekend where I play 15-20 hours I make 200-300 mil give or take. My highest sale was a Tal's chest with perfect AR for 125 mil right after 1.04. I tend to underprice stuff so it sells fast, the last week I sold a almost perfect rolled wiz set off hand with arcane on cit t for 85 mil (sold in less then 10 min....) mempo for 42, ammy for 60, ice climbers for 30, crit/crit 1100 dps mace for 50, can even remember but another 10-15 items for 10-20 mil.

I don't subscribe to this "farm 8 hours a day or you're not doing it right" mentality.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Richtko

Quote from Jaetch

This!

I don't subscribe to this "farm 8 hours a day or you're not doing it right" mentality.

I wouldn't say it's "not doing it right," it's more like... get more opportunities and you'll more likely get something useful (get your hands on 100 lottery tickets as opposed to 10). And if you want more opportunities, what better way than to farm more and kill more things?

Not saying you have to, just a recommended route to take if you're in it for the results (I know, I've seen your arguments regarding "efficiency" vs. "fun").
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from maka

I never said you have to farm 8hr a day, I have a job, kids, gf, friends and other hobbies/habits I need to support so I don't have endless time for farming, maybe an hour or two a night if im lucky. But I also live in a foreign country so like to get together with my expat friends and play d3 for 10+ hours once a month or so.

But there is no denying time spent is a factor in success, so is efficiency. My friends the ones who complain the loudest about drops do play a lot but they also meander around browsing the auction, chatting or just plain wasting time so have 10-15k elite kills less then me with the same or more hours played so efficiency is part of it. But I wouldn't say it's one or the other more a combination of both, it's the right MF/MPlvl/kill speed + time spent which usually determines some level of consistency.
    I have no sympathy for you because instead of stating whether or not you got any well rolled items to drop, you instead instantly put a price tag on them. It only makes sense the rarest of rare items will sell for a lot, meaning you're not going to find them often, if at all. Have I found high selling items? In over 400 hours of play, yea a couple I think 4. Have I found 'good' items that won't sell for a lot on the AH yet I use them on all my alts? Heck yea, a ton.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from maka

Quote from Richtko

Quote from Jaetch

This!

Which of course is hilarious because the math is irrefutable; The more you farm, the more drops you'll get, thus increasing your chance of finding better items.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Slayardarklaws

I'm always one affix away from nice items.

I LoL'd :P
    Same here
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    im para 85 i got alot of items that sold over 100 m. ;)
    i'm 100 paragon lvl and i sold 2 items for over 100M (Vile Ward and 1h with 1200 dps). On RMAH i sold Skorn for 100€ and witching hour for 125€.
    That's about it.
    Also, last thing i sold over 80M was about 2 months ago already.

http://imgur.com/3NtmJ ... :)
    100 paragon, I got quite a few things along the way, about 2000 USD worth not counting the gear Ive accumulated, worth roughly 1000 USD.
    Plvl 66... 2 great drops. Triumvirate for 330mil and manticore for 175mil
    I'm paragon lvl 50 (and a 16 monk),with a bit more than 20k elite kills.
    The drops i had which sold are more or less like this.

1 Manticore sold for 35 million
    1 Zunimassa's vision sold for 30 million.
    4-6 items sold for 10-15 million
    8-10 items sold for 5-10 million
    ? items sold for less.

( I did a fast check on my AH's history log for this so the numbers are close to accurate)

Edit: Some of the 5-15 million price range items might have been through AH playing,can't be sure cos i don't remember the name of every item and i cba'd looking thoroughly in my ah log)
    Ignorance is Bliss.
    Quote from TehAdi

http://imgur.com/3NtmJ ... :)

Yeah, where's allres ?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes