Tips for Fast LVL Char

hello

any tips how to lvl a char fast?
    i want to help my girlfriend to lvl 0 from 60
    what do i need? and how to do it?

THX

it is illegal to help lvl someone? beacause in diablo3 forum my topic was locked
    - Equip Leoric's Signet (from Lvl 14) and Hellfire Ring (from beginning)
    - Equip Cain's Set (from Lvl 22)
    - Equip Helm socketed with Radiant Star Ruby
    - Play on MP10 throughout Normal, NM and Hell
    "God? What's that?"
    ok thx alot
    SCNR: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/108/b/f/thanks_alot_by_kiki_akuma-d3eafmb.png

On topic: Like Tensor said, get +XP% items. Also, I would recommend to buy some cheap blue gear for level 25 (when you enter nightmare) and level 50 (when you enter hell) with vitality, armor, and strength (for armor). Allres is too expensive/too low values on low-level gear, life% is worth less than vit since she won't have that much life in the first place. But your gf's char just needs to stay alive, she doesn't need to do any damage; don't get int, dex, IAS, crit etc. For the level 25 gear set you can also get +XP as second stat, although it needs to be +10-14 XP per kill, otherwise it's not worth it...

If you buy all this gear in advance, just do Alkaizer runs (act 3 highly crowded areas, start new game after a quick clear, don't focus on single enemies and just kill large crowds) on MP10 on the highest possible difficulty with your GF, you can get her from 0 t 60 in 2-3 hours. I'm usually not interested in "efficiency" but it's fun to see your friend ding every few minutes and try for a 60 char in less than 2 hours :-)
    thx ... all
    hellfire ring is account bound ?
    i cannot trade my hellfire ring to my girlfriend
    Quote from sysoptm

hellfire ring is account bound ?
    i cannot trade my hellfire ring to my girlfriend

Yes it is. You can pass it to other characters on the same account but you cant trade it to other characters on different accounts. Your girlfriend will have to get her own ring. You can help her with the run of course but it will be her luck on drops and ring roll at the end.
    Sexton, or you realise that his girlfriend probably just started the account, and thus can't get Hellfire Ring yet.
    i understand
    get a friend wizard to boost u
    Quote from Bagstone

If you buy all this gear in advance, just do Alkaizer runs (act 3 highly crowded areas, start new game after a quick clear, don't focus on single enemies and just kill large crowds) on MP10 on the highest possible difficulty with your GF, you can get her from 0 t 60 in 2-3 hours. I'm usually not interested in "efficiency" but it's fun to see your friend ding every few minutes and try for a 60 char in less than 2 hours :-)

I'm in the same boat. I just got her account to Nightmare. What difficulty are you running at to get the 2nd account to 60 in 2 hours?
    I got to 20something in a few hours using items bought from vendors/found in game. I have a Cain set though once I hit 23. I haven't finished act 2 yet either. Not running an ammy or shoulders I believe.
    Quote from DirtyLarry

Quote from Bagstone

I'm in the same boat. I just got her account to Nightmare. What difficulty are you running at to get the 2nd account to 60 in 2 hours?

As soon as the 2nd account dings level 25, switch to Nightmare, and as soon as level 50 is reached, go to Hell. Always MP10. The challenge is to stay alive, especially on the lower levels when you don't have much gear yet; I was playing an Archon wizard, the 2nd char always close to me and I would always make sure that no enemy would touch him.

Here are some tips/requirements that you should prepare to speed it up, in a more compiled manner. Every point decreases level time, if you can't get some of the first points on the list it will obviously slow everything down (e.g., since your GF can't get a Hellfire Ring, I'm not sure if 2 hours are possible).

-Fast main character killing everything (I run as Archon wizard with 24% movement speed)
    -Maximize movement speed on 2nd char (+12% on boots, one level ~30 legendary with > 10% MS, either Band of Untold Secrets or Slave Bonds)
    -Hellfire Ring with preferably vit roll as main stat, and as much EHP as possible (vit, allres, armor, socket)
    -Leoric's signet
    -Cain set with good vit rolls
    -Helm with vit, socket, and pickup, high ruby gem
    -Lower level items (~10-15) with vit and pickup radius (health globes), XP per kill (efficient on lower levels, gets useless at around ~40)
    -Mid-range items with vit and socket (put amethyst gems in there) that you can equip at level 25 when entering nightmare
    -If money isn't an issue, an item upgrade at 35-40 might not be a bad idea, but it's not necessary (will just decrease likelihood of dying and speed things up)
    -Some decent level 60 items with -10 level requirements reduced for Hell once you ding 50; all EHP on this one (vitality, allres, armor, sockets + amethysts, some pickup).

If you go for shortest time possible, play style as follows:

Main char opens game, goes act 3 Alkaizer route, 2nd char just follows and tries to stay away from enemies. Don't bother getting any DPS, kill something, picking anything up - only goal is to stay alive though heavily undergeared for MP10. Shortly before level 25/50 open game in act 4, kill Diablo to get access to next difficulty. 2nd char should have all the equipment already in inventory so he/she can equip everything on the way and doesn't need to TP. No need to pick up any low-level crap, so no need for free inventory space. If main char is wizard, Storm Armor + Shocking Aspect is extremely useful: it will one-hit single enemies that you overlooked, but that can kill the 2nd car.

Good luck!
    Great thanks. I go her to 50, but now I have to complete Nightmare to get her in Hell. .. Thanks.
    Quote from DirtyLarry

Great thanks. I go her to 50, but now I have to complete Nightmare to get her in Hell. .. Thanks.

You just need to kill diablo, no need to complete the whole difficulty for the next one.
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from DirtyLarry

You just need to kill diablo, no need to complete the whole difficulty for the next one.

Thanks. Pays to read your post to the end..

Thanks again, saved sooo much time. Now we can play together.
    thanks a lot !
    ok thx again.. great help ...
    Just adding shortly - in case the one being boosted keeps dying for some reason in alkaizer runs, you can just run keep depths. There are so many walls, corners and obstacles that can keep the low char from line of sight of enemies, its close to impossible to die there, from my experience. Though my problem might have been in using my barb to boost which has occasional fury problems on low difficulties.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes