Blizzard is not making money out of this game!

I was reading the blizz forum and this one, and I can see many people saying stupid things like : they are good with botters cuz they give them cut on rmah ... or they are changing stuff because new stuff is more exspensive so they get even bigger cut on rmah ....

1st of all take a calculator, put in 10miliom and multiplie with 20( monthy subb for WoW), if we take even 50% of that number , for idk taxes and etc its still huge amount of money, now tell me one more time they are getting money true Rmah .... silly people ... btw I didnt mentioned boxes sold...
    Quote from kebapmanager

I was reading the blizz forum and this one, and I can see many people saying stupid things like : they are good with botters cuz they give them cut on rmah ... or they are changing stuff because new stuff is more exspensive so they get even bigger cut on rmah ....

1st of all take a calculator, put in 10miliom and multiplie with 20( monthy subb for WoW), if we take even 50% of that number , for idk taxes and etc its still huge amount of money, now tell me one more time they are getting money true Rmah .... silly people ... btw I didnt mentioned boxes sold...

so anyone who isnt doing half the money blizzard does from monthly subscription of WoW isnt making money right?
    Yeah, and Blizzard is a charity organisation. The yearly surplus of $500m is not actually profit, but a very generous donation from a philanthropic benefactor.

Sarcasm over.

Botters are not a clear harm to the economy (neither to us, neither to Blizzard). It would be hard to explain that to you. Sorry for my prejudice, but I don't see reason in your post. Botters harm the gameplay experience in public games, so they are still bad, and need to be gone.
    Quote from kebapmanager

Sir, you are being sarcastic.... Right? If so then I will award you with the courtesy giggle. If not, then I would like to be the first to slap you upside the head with a rubber cock.

And by cock, I mean rooster...

Blizzard is making money off of this game and to say otherwise is just plain dumb.
    "There is no cow level!"
    i believe blizzard definitely getting benefit from the botters

that is the main reason why they are letting botters continue
    Browser MMORPG Developer
    Gotta love this. either ur mentaly chalenged or ur trolling However I shall enduldge this with an answer.
    First off wow takes way more money to run than a game like diablo does (the amount of work they put into free content is no way near the same they do for starcraft or diablo cause they don't have the staff for it.
    Secondly even if it wasn't for the rmah they earn money in the big picture by supporting their games for a number of reasons. First if diablo had shipped (gonna ignore starcraft atm since thats the same model but with even less income and focus on this game) and they had left it at that they would have lost so much money cause the majority of players would have refunded their games cause the game was unplayable, which is a possibility if you sell a game that doesn't work. Secondly most of the people who bought diablo would probably never have bought an expansion for the game or for that matter other games if that was how they treated their games. This means that if they had left the game and just worked on an expansion the amount of money they would then make is probably way less than the money they have put into patches.
    So yes blizzard isn't all about money cause else they would be releasing games every second year (for each series) like cod does or those types of games but they are still not charity workers and they do earn quite abit from diablo.

Ofcourse blizzard is trying to deal with botters cause it's "ruining" the game and thereby lowering the chance for people to buy the expansion but don't for one minute think they are letting them stay based on money
    Quote from MonsterMMORPG

Which of course is a completely asanine assumption based on zero facts, and also defies logic as Blizzard losing customers to botters outweighs the miniscule amount of transactions botters help complete. Botters also sell off the RMAH a lot of the time, further making zero profit for Blizzard.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    OP seems to be a bit mentally challenged, of course they make tons of cash through the RMAH..
    Quote from MonsterMMORPG

Does Blizzard profit from botted items traded via RMAH? Sure. Is it substantial...maybe, maybe not.

When someone buys an item that was botted, they were going to buy an item anyway, right? So with this line of thought we can safely assume that this person (persons) was going to buy an item and if no bots existed, Blizz still gets a cut of a sale that would occur anyway.

Blizzard does not need botters to provide items for their RMAH. These items exist in great quantity without them. So stop with the hurpa durpa durka.

I was reading the blizz forum

Terrible way to start a post. Everything after that is doomed to sound like droll splatting on the floor.
    11million sales x $59.99 = $659890000 revenue and that is not including collectors editions. And if you throw in the annual pass argument Blizzard made more money off of those people 179.88 of revenue per year per person. The annual pass however is a long term experiment, getting people hooked into the game and then buying the expansions which according to the leaked timeline there will be two. There has already been one confirmed to be in development.

Yes they do need to spend money on the game but that probably is generated from RMAH cuts and additional sales. And yes Blizzard makes a ridiculous profit from WoW every month so it's not like they are struggling for cash.

Hate Blizzard all you want forum posters and youtube bloggers, they appear to know what they are doing, as far as generating profit is concerned.
    Quote from Serpenth

11million sales x $59.99 = $659890000 revenue and that is not including collectors editions. And if you throw in the annual pass argument Blizzard made more money off of those people 179.88 of revenue per year per person. The annual pass however is a long term experiment, getting people hooked into the game and then buying the expansions which according to the leaked timeline there will be two. There has already been one confirmed to be in development.

My opinion; We will see multiple expansions over the years. Thank the RMAH for that.
    Quote from MonsterMMORPG

You do realize they have been constantly banning botters from day 1 right?

They can NEVER get rid of them, they couldent in D2, they couldent in WoW, and they cant in D3.

Reality;

Come to terms with it.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Serpenth

My opinion; We will see multiple expansions over the years. Thank the RMAH for that.

I would lose my shit if we see 2 or 3!

Seriously, would be amazing.
    Botters are not hurting the economy. It is actually good for the game. For example, I paid 10m for a Str mempo w/o crit shortly after 1.05, now, the same mempo is about 500k. 1/20 the cost a month ago. This is good for gamer. Because finally they can afford decent item.

The problem is the game sucks.
    Blizzard is making a lot of money from D3 alone. Again a big chunk of that money is just for the one time purchase of D3 and maybe for the expansions. Yes Blizzard will be making money from the RMAH, But likely the RMAH wil just be used to help cover the costs of the servers and patches since the amount of the sales for D3 will be dropping for the most part until the expansion/DLC is released. I would likely call the PVP patch a Free DLC since to me a patch is more for fixing bugs and balance issues.

In regards to Botters hurting, improving, or no effect on the economy. Botters will have an effect on the economy more on the supply side since botters will be more looking for things to sell for Gold/Cash. The botters might reinvest some of the gold/cash into better gear so the bot can farm easier and faster.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes