Co-op loot issues?

So how exactly is elite packs and goblin kills registered?

Me and my friends, have experienced some weird loot bugs, thats how it appears at least.

For instance, I stand in town while they kill an elite, no loot or renewd NV buff for me. We do the exact same experiment again, while he stand in town, he gets loot and renewd NV buff.

Another incident which has happend alot to me lately, is I dont get loot if we temporarily split, he find a pack, and he kill it before I can reach them. No loot for me or renewd NV buff. The range has varied in the numerous incident, happens even in very close range, though still out of screen.

So we did a try, where I basicly cleared and entire arreat core while he was at the very entrance of the zone. Even as I reached the end, where we was well out of map vision, he got registered for all the kills thoughout the zone. Besides that, he has never really experienced not getting loot from an elite throughout our runs like I do.

Anyone else exprienced anything similar, or am I missing something here? And are you supposed to get registered for kills while standing in town, as well as over great distances while in same zone?

This happens on HC Europe btw.
    You will always get loot if you have damaged the mob before it's killed, even standing in town. (you can get 1 hit, flee to town and let your party kill and you'll get rewards),

If you didn't do damage to it, you can still get loot/NV stack from it but then you have to be nearby. I don't know if it's enough being in the same zone but from your tries, it seems so.
    Damn, Niddro beat me to it :-)

Yeah, I think the rule is you have to hit it at least once or be really close. However, there are glitches sometimes; for example, DH friend and I standing next to each other, he's killing keywarden from safe distance, I don't get loot. Or: we fight an elite pack, someone dies during the fight, releases, respawns in town, comes back and doesn't get loot. It's probably just a bug. We try to make sure that everyone has hit the mob at least once and is present - if you're dead, you don't get XP. Especially for keywarden we don't want to take a risk.

Edit: about the range, since 1.05 buffs apply zone-wide, not sure about NV and loot though, loot seems to have a closer proximity rule.
    Quote from Niddro

You will always get loot if you have damaged the mob before it's killed, even standing in town. (you can get 1 hit, flee to town and let your party kill and you'll get rewards),

If you didn't do damage to it, you can still get loot/NV stack from it but then you have to be nearby. I don't know if it's enough being in the same zone but from your tries, it seems so.

In both incidents, neither of use have damaged or even been remotely close to the mob.
    Quote from Bagstone

Damn, Niddro beat me to it :-)

Yeah, I think the rule is you have to hit it at least once or be really close. However, there are glitches sometimes; for example, DH friend and I standing next to each other, he's killing keywarden from safe distance, I don't get loot. Or: we fight an elite pack, someone dies during the fight, releases, respawns in town, comes back and doesn't get loot. It's probably just a bug. We try to make sure that everyone has hit the mob at least once and is present - if you're dead, you don't get XP. Especially for keywarden we don't want to take a risk.

Edit: about the range, since 1.05 buffs apply zone-wide, not sure about NV and loot though, loot seems to have a closer proximity rule.

I can understand, that sometimes weird bugs will happen. However in this case it is very consistently that I often do not get loot, even though it dosen't make any sense. And my friend allways recieve loots despite the describedscenarioes.
    What class are you and your friend playing? Maybe there's some buff from either of you affecting the other's actions such that the game engine detects your friend as "present" even if he's not there... (just guessing here).

The issues I've described are occasional bugs, not reproducible events. However, I recall that one of our friends had a strange bug for 3 days: he could send whispers to everyone, create games and invite others, but he could not receive whispers and when he got invited, he could not join other games. Resolved itself after the maintenance yesterday. For how long have you been experiencing your bug? Maybe it'll also go away after some time.
    Quote from Bagstone

What class are you and your friend playing? Maybe there's some buff from either of you affecting the other's actions such that the game engine detects your friend as "present" even if he's not there... (just guessing here).

The issues I've described are occasional bugs, not reproducible events. However, I recall that one of our friends had a strange bug for 3 days: he could send whispers to everyone, create games and invite others, but he could not receive whispers and when he got invited, he could not join other games. Resolved itself after the maintenance yesterday. For how long have you been experiencing your bug? Maybe it'll also go away after some time.

I'm playing WD and he's Monk.

I've not experienced the bug you describe nor any like it, neither have my friend. I started playing again 2 weeks ago, I didn't have the issue last time I played.
    Oh yeah of course, my friend's bug was completely unrelated, all I wanted to say is that some things resolve themselves after some time.

So you're saying you're having this issue for 2 weeks already? That is... strange.

Maybe the monk aura is causing the fact that he'll always get the kills, because it's a different game mechanic that causes some connection between him and other players in the game. I think what you're experiencing is pretty normal (if you're not in range and haven't touched the mob, you don't get the kill).

I guess unless someone can help you with a solution/explanation, your workaround is to always stay close to your friend ;-)
    Quote from Bagstone

Oh yeah of course, my friend's bug was completely unrelated, all I wanted to say is that some things resolve themselves after some time.

So you're saying you're having this issue for 2 weeks already? That is... strange.

Maybe the monk aura is causing the fact that he'll always get the kills, because it's a different game mechanic that causes some connection between him and other players in the game. I think what you're experiencing is pretty normal (if you're not in range and haven't touched the mob, you don't get the kill).

I guess unless someone can help you with a solution/explanation, your workaround is to always stay close to your friend ;-)

Yes it's very stange indeed. Besides my few very close range incidents, which dosent make sense, it might not be I who are "bugged", might be my friend who are somewhat bugged, since he gets loot no matter the range and zone? And yes the solution is simple.

Still unanswered, do you guys get loot from elites if you are standing in town and haven't touched, seen or even been in the same zone as they?
    Quote from Creeping

Still unanswered, do you guys get loot from elites if you are standing in town and haven't touched, seen or even been in the same zone as they?

When playing co-op, I always get loot if I've damaged the mob and then I die (even if I stay dead waiting for a res or releasing and being away at the time of the kill). Getting XP/loot if we're far away from each other isn't much I have experience with since we might split up (looking for key warden) and kill white mobs but always group up for elites/blues.
    If your monk friend is using an aura or mantra, or whatever monks use to buff the party, repeat the experiment but this time have him not use it and see if he still gets loot. My suspicion is the party wide buff is counting him as contributing to the fight even if he's not there.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Think what you are talking about only works for skills like the barb shout. You loose the Mantra if not close to him.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes