does mp level affect the quality of items

does an higher mp level, gives higher rolls of the stats or not?
    and when yes how does it affect is it worth to play higher mps?
    in general, yes

when item is rolled, game tries roll for legendary/set, then 6-affixes rare, then 5 etc...

mf influences the roll chance, and higher mp offers higher mf bonus.

on the other hand, you should find mp that feels comfortable playing - fast killing and less dying, and build mf through items. mp1 will make monsters on act1 and 2 level63 and acts 3 and 4 have level63 monsters even without mp

so, play either act3+ no mp, or any act on any mp that suits you - and don't forget higher mps give exp bonuses also...
    Bishop takes Knight's Pawn
    HAL9000: What makes you say that? I think you're wrong.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/#S2-2

The answer is: no.

Higher MP will give you higher chance of legendaries, higher chance for more affixes, higher chance for more items in general - but the stats showing up on these items when you identify them do not depend on MP level, MF, lunar phase or anything else.
    First off, MF does not effect the item rolls, but MP levels do.

If you roll MP1 then rings, amulets have a chance to roll i63 level stats. Armor and weapons will also roll higher level stats. You can roll a i60 level item and that item will have a chance to roll i63 level stats under the MP system.
    "There is no cow level!"
    As I understand the only way it will effect the quality is by increasing the lvl of mobs in act 1 and 2 to lvl 63. This should adjust their loot table slightly in so that higher ilvl items will have a chance to drop more often.

MP really only allows for a chance of an EXTRA drop to occur depending at MP level (10% per MP). If an item drops, then there is a x% chance that a second item (will drop).
    You can find better items in terms of affixes, if that's what you mean by quality.

But which glove would you prefer:

Glove A
    - 42 dexterity
    - 56 intelligence
    - 5% attack speed
    - 30 physical resistance
    - 129 armor
    - 16% gold find

Or,

Glove B
    - 198 dexterity
    - 8% attack speed
    - 45% crit damage
    - 9.5% crit chance

6-properties versus 4, the former has a greater chance to roll the stats you want, but that doesn't mean it will. It's all random luck at the end. Just farm at a level most comfortable for you where you can kill fast and rack up more loot to ID.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

You can find better items in terms of affixes, if that's what you mean by quality.

But which glove would you prefer:

Glove A
    - 42 dexterity
    - 56 intelligence
    - 5% attack speed
    - 30 physical resistance
    - 129 armor
    - 16% gold find

Or,

Glove B
    - 198 dexterity
    - 8% attack speed
    - 45% crit damage
    - 9.5% crit chance

6-properties versus 4, the former has a greater chance to roll the stats you want, but that doesn't mean it will. It's all random luck at the end. Just farm at a level most comfortable for you where you can kill fast and rack up more loot to ID.

I'll take option B ! Would love a set like that. lol
    "There is no cow level!"

First off, MF does not effect the item rolls, but MP levels do.

If you roll MP1 then rings, amulets have a chance to roll i63 level stats. Armor and weapons will also roll higher level stats. You can roll a i60 level item and that item will have a chance to roll i63 level stats under the MP system.

This is only true in Inferno.
    thank you guys!
    Having at LEAST MP1 allows items to roll at the monster's level, so your jewelry can actually roll lvl 63 stats!

However, MP doesn't impact the roll, or number of affixes an item has directly. MF does effect the chance for a high number of affixes on an item; thus the higher your MP, the more MF you have, and the higher your chance for items with 5 and 6 affixes. Plus higher MP will give you a chance at bonus items dropping from mobs.
    Here is how it really works, if an item drops:
    - mp 0 + 0 magic find = crappy grey item
    - mp 1 + 0 mf = level 63 crappy grey item
    - mp 1 + 100 mf = level 63 crappy white item
    - mp 1 + 200 mf = level 63 crappy blue item
    - mp 1 + 300 mf = level 63 crappy yellow item
    - mp 2 + 300 mf = one level 63 crappy yellow item + one yellow item that you are embarrased to sell to the vendor (yes that bad)
    - mp 3 + 300 mf = two level 63 crappy yellow items
    (and so on and so forth)

*if you're really f-ing lucky, you'll get a crappy brown item to drop*

HAL9000: What makes you say that? I think you're wrong.

http://www.diablofan...l-insight/#S2-2

The answer is: no.

Higher MP will give you higher chance of legendaries, higher chance for more affixes, higher chance for more items in general - but the stats showing up on these items when you identify them do not depend on MP level, MF, lunar phase or anything else.

define "stats".

if defined as 'higher affix applied to item', as '+int X' over '+int I', then mf does not offer better stats, except on acts 1 and 2, where it enables lvl63 affixes

if defined as 'item quality', then it does - greater number of affixes statistically gives greater chance of getting better quality

so, to rephrase myself, admitting i was unclear:

"mp won't help in getting affixes of higher value, but it will help to get more affixes numerically and more legendary/sets"

affix value is, sadly, completely random in all cases, except (maybe) for first act boss kill, introduced in 1.05 - blizzard was pretty vague regarding it, but it supposedly gives one-time better loot for each act boss - i don't know what it means, but i'm saving newly reset act bosses for killing them on mp10 with maxed mf... is it wise? time will tell - or if somebody already tried that, please post the results...
    Bishop takes Knight's Pawn
    Nothing in the game improves the roll of each affix, other than killing ilvl63 mobs(i.e. playing at MP1 or higher). Other than that, the only thing you can boost is the quantity of potentially-good items you find. MF makes you more likely to roll rares with more affixes(and thus higher chance at good affixes) and legendaries, and the bonus item drop from high MP levels gives you more chances to find a good item.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes