Post your self found upgrades here

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xion-2555/hero/2972113

Both weapons I'm currently using, I found yesterday. The 760dps one was over 9k (no pun intended) DPS upgrade over the 960dps fist I was using before. The Echoing Fury added about 1k on top of that.

Earlier I also found the rare ring I'm wearing (not the Natalya one), as well as Ouroboros neck.
    Found another one just now, although I'm not sure if I would call it a true upgrade:

Still satisfying. I think I'm going to end up selling it since I'd rather keep the HP over the DPS boost.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    How do you post screens from the game here?
    After last time posting here, i recently found these, making them my 4th upgrade i still use:

Quote from Turtel

After last time posting here, i recently found these, making them my 4th upgrade i still use:

Quote from Indimix

How do you post screens from the game here?

Hit "print screen" in-game, screenshot will be saved in "My Documents\Diablo III\Screenshots", upload on website (imgur.com for example) and post here with [img] tag.
    Quote from Jaetch

Found another one just now, although I'm not sure if I would call it a true upgrade:

[PIC]

Still satisfying. I think I'm going to end up selling it since I'd rather keep the HP over the DPS boost.
    I'll give you tree fitty for it.
    Quote from maka

Quote from cexee

Wow. I thought this thread would be empty.
    You have to be over 'the hump' to start finding good gear. And most people get over that hump by resorting to the AH.
    Your confusion is understandable.

People talk about this 'hump' or 'wall' as if it's a bad thing, or somehow exclusive to Diablo 3. I've experienced this wall in all games of this genre. Guild Wars, I remember having to farm ectos to get going, until finally I got that big drop.

Diablo 2, I remember actually hustling Pgems to people that rolled Ball GC's. They paid 1 HR per 40 Pgems. I did this until finally, I got that big drop and rode right over that hump.

In D3, you get over that hump much the same way. You work hard and lean on a little bit of luck.

I'm now wearing 6 pieces on a solid character that can (and does) easily farm MP6. It would be 7, but I upgraded my self-found Inna's in favor of a Mempo. But to do this, I had to make gold. To make gold I had to play. I got a nice drop by way of IK boots and that really helped me solve a few standing issues I had.

The AH is a vehicle that has the same use, the same advantage, that we see in most/all other games. I thought I would hate it. I actually really like this convenient trade vehicle.
    BurningRope#1322
    500hours played.. Last upgrade was at ±20hours played ;)
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Quote from Astion

How is that even possible? Do you only consider an item an upgrade if it's name starts with the letter 'J'?
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from maka

Quote from cexee

Wow. I thought this thread would be empty.
    You have to be over 'the hump' to start finding good gear. And most people get over that hump by resorting to the AH.
    Your confusion is understandable.

People talk about this 'hump' or 'wall' as if it's a bad thing, or somehow exclusive to Diablo 3. I've experienced this wall in all games of this genre. Guild Wars, I remember having to farm ectos to get going, until finally I got that big drop.

Diablo 2, I remember actually hustling Pgems to people that rolled Ball GC's. They paid 1 HR per 40 Pgems. I did this until finally, I got that big drop and rode right over that hump.

In D3, you get over that hump much the same way. You work hard and lean on a little bit of luck.

I'm now wearing 6 pieces on a solid character that can (and does) easily farm MP6. It would be 7, but I upgraded my self-found Inna's in favor of a Mempo. But to do this, I had to make gold. To make gold I had to play. I got a nice drop by way of IK boots and that really helped me solve a few standing issues I had.

The AH is a vehicle that has the same use, the same advantage, that we see in most/all other games. I thought I would hate it. I actually really like this convenient trade vehicle.
    Well, what can I say...I don't. And it annoys me that I get severely gimped by not using the AH. I still trade in games and with friends, but I don't buy from the AH, and that slows me down to a crawl. I don't like that.

Sorry about the off-topic.

On topic: found these two the other day. I'm quite happy with either of them.

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Astion

How is that even possible? Do you only consider an item an upgrade if it's name starts with the letter 'J'?

a better question would be, is it possible to find upgrades? ive got 900 hours played and my last upgrade was prolly around 200h
    Just put this absolute beauty in the gold AH.

Currently the only one in the U.S. up for sale in the AH.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

Just put this absolute beauty in the gold AH.

Currently the only one in the U.S. up for sale in the AH.

How many people are going to truly appreciate this find?

Awesome offhand.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from seraphim4

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Astion

a better question would be, is it possible to find upgrades? ive got 900 hours played and my last upgrade was prolly around 200h

I hate to hear that your luck isn't shining yet. Keep on keepin on.

....and yes, it is possible. Review the many pages of this thread for verification. Inspiration aplenty.

@ Maka......that ring is.....fuggin sweet.
    BurningRope#1322
    Yeah, it's good for something that dropped for me, I'm certainly wearing it. The GF and the int (or the str, if you wear it on a wiz/WD) could go to hell, though :P
    Quote from seraphim4

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Astion

Of course, my last upgrade dropped at around 1050hrs. It doesn't matter how many hours u played, there are still better items to be discovered.
    I got my Wizard a nice Chantodo's Will!
    9 out of 12 items on my monk beuty are self found (amulet, Blackthorne's chest and pants, Lacuni Prowlers, off hand sword, Hellfire Ring), gifted by my twin (Echoing Fury, gloves and belt) or gifted by and old friend (Vile Ward).
    Gems are self found/crafted too.

I've recently bought some Natalya's boots and ring from the AH but trying to get rid of them asap
    Battletag: Caos81#2397
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Astion

Played the Auction House from the start, getting good items for low prices. That might be the reason. If I find an upgrade it'll cost around 200M, so I dont expect it to happen any time soon.

Found an aweful lot of INT/DEX gear tho. IM A BARB DERRR
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes