Powerlevel 10 tested + How Powerlevel affects MF and XP

The problem with mp10 isn't that it's hard, but that it's pointless even if you have enough gear to make it easy. Simply because even with very very good gear and top-notch skills you still won't clear it fast enough for it to be worth it. That is, unless the "small" chance for getting more items to drop is actually a lot more than just a "small" chance, as the MF/exp bonuses are not anywhere near enough... Additionally, mp10 scales mostly HP rather than damage, and let's face it - Dealing with higher monster HP is much easier than dealing with higher monster damage...
    Big time fail on the XP scaling.
    (1) You can see the XP bonus you get with each level in the character screen, no need to kill mobs
    (2) You should remove your XP gem or take it into account when you do the calculation
    My monk Vin
    I've read plenty of threads regarding the extra MF/Exp and how affixes are calculated etc.

Can someone give me an accurate answer as to how much extra damage is MP10 compared to 1.0.4?
    whats the point if tornado barbs don't die at mlvl 10? the game is about efficiency and not dying doesn't necessarily mean that you're farming efficiently.
    i think its so cool how they add mf to your stats
    Quote from hotpocket888

Was watching couple of guys streaming on Twitch TV, from what I can tell so far.

WW barb really is presenting a problem in game.

Lets put it this way.

If you have great gear, at MP 10 after patch, your WW barb will still be the most powerful class in the game, even at Monster level 10. There are no other class can be THAT efficient. For example, if you have a DH, at that level even if you can do the same damage as WW barb, you will have lots of chance get 1 shot kill by monsters. WW barb? 95% of the time, if they lose health its right back on in 1 or 2 sec. That's not counting WW barb can ignore lots of CC.

If you dont have a great gear, you do monster level 9 or below, you still have good advantage because other class are just CATCHING UP to your efficiency&survivability, that's all.

What class can continuously move that fast, regain health that fast, at the same time, hit as hard, as fast, as wide, and almost completely ignore lots of CC that monster put out?

Dont get me wrong, I dont mean WW barb need another nerf, I play a barb myself (Korea server, almost 600 hours so far, but I play a sword/shield barb, never use WW, not my cup of tea), what I really want to see is how Blizzard will "scale up" other classes so they can equailly be as good as WW on survivability & efficiency.

If they cant, then they have a big problem, aint it?

Just finished another few runs. I did a Monster lever 7,9 and 10. 7 is a faceroll, even with nerfs my barb is steamrolling thru mobs with dps of 85k after buffs. My barb feels significantly nerfed due to proc coeficient but since I was expecting it even before patch I geared him with +cc and +eas in mind. As for life on hit - it has finally become useless for tornado barbs. Now its all about life leech.

Then i did a 10 run. Killed quite a few packs with Azmo at end. What I can say is that runs are really, really really boring. I dont see myself hooked on going thru packs that have 40-50mil hp. I died once for the whole run. Packs take few minutes to kill. I even got to the point that I killed 3 packs in Stonefort at the same time. Took about 10mins (didnt die once). Only time I died was on the shield buffing cows around Rakkis bridge. From all the loot i got, everything went to the vendor (Monster level 10 + Paragon level + Enchantress + gear = 560 MF)

I did a Monster level 9 to top it off. Didnt die. Mobs had few millions less hp, run took less time, but MF was less and rare gear didnt drop as often.

My 2 cents are that with the current setup I will stick to Monster Level 7 which is easycakes for me. Blizzard had real opportunity but I think they went the wrong way with monster levels. They should have uped the difficulty by giving more affixes or making larger packs from elites, heck even increasing damage dealt; not by increasing hp. Gear drops feel unrewarding, at least from what time I have spent farming.

My 2 cents are that with the current setup I will stick to Monster Level 7 which is easycakes for me. Blizzard had real opportunity but I think they went the wrong way with monster levels. They should have uped the difficulty by giving more affixes or making larger packs from elites, heck even increasing damage dealt; not by increasing hp. Gear drops feel unrewarding, at least from what time I have spent farming.

totally agree with you man. totally.
    Quote from polarxpress1

MP10 was meant to be hard. OP is crying he cant faceroll it with less than 100k dps.

Man seriously , watch the whole video before you say , I am crying about anything. I didnt cry at all that was sarcasm , I even said that its nice that its so hard.

:bleh:
    Quote from thundersteele

Big time fail on the XP scaling.
    (1) You can see the XP bonus you get with each level in the character screen, no need to kill mobs
    (2) You should remove your XP gem or take it into account when you do the calculation

Why I wanted the difference between my 1.0.4 and the MPLS so there is no need to remove the gem ?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes