God Mode Invulnerable Wizard Bug [Video]

Just youtubed it, looks like it's something that has the potential to get you banned if blizzard track who's done it for achievements like HC Diablo. Be careful with this guys.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

I'm not sure what's our stance on bugs/exploits like these. I'm pretty sure we're not like Blizzard that forbids even talking about them, but since this could fall into the same category as bots, I'm going to remove the video link for now.

Please, if you feel the need to discuss the matter, by all means do so, but do not post links to videos or threads or whatever. Help me on this one, ok guys? :fret:

This exploit greeted me on the headline of Kotaku early in the morning (EU) so I guess it's not a huge secret anymore. You might go with is as well. I'd consider Blizzard an ass if they ban anyone because of this (temporary suspensions for excessive abuse could be allright though). I hate cheaters and their ways of ruining my games, but I don't mind a few a hours of godmode fun for Wizards. They won't get that much loot... Because good loot is extremely rare anyways. This exploit needs to be fixed asap and laughed about. No punishments.
    I disagree, people doing this KNOW its a massive exploit, if it can be tracked, bans should (and most likely will) go out imho
    Quote from Molster

I disagree, people doing this KNOW its a massive exploit, if it can be tracked, bans should (and most likely will) go out imho

So they should ban people for doing this, but not for the other massive exploits like resplendent chest farming? Or how about those people getting extra loot per champion packs? If Blizzard banned everyone that exploited, they'd have to ban a lot of the players.
    There is no way u can get banned for such a massive exploit there is like 50% of d3 players doin it atm blizz should be crazy to ban such ammount of ppl from their game also there was tons of exploits done on streams since start of the game and no1 was banned for that so i think its impposible to get a ban for such a flaw in the game that blizz left just cuz too many ppl doin it .(also this exploit is makin ppl play the game again so blizz win )
    Quote from Discontinued

Quote from Molster

So they should ban people for doing this, but not for the other massive exploits like resplendent chest farming? Or how about those people getting extra loot per champion packs? If Blizzard banned everyone that exploited, they'd have to ban a lot of the players.

They are not even close to the same thing (referring to the farming of chests). Diablo is about farming, im still a little sad they are trying so hard to stop people from farming what they want. But that's something else all together.

Also just because one thing they look the other way on..does not mean that should be the case for all. A lot of people are exploiting this big time in hardcore.

On top of this, Wizards are stacking insane amounts of MF gear and doing act 3 without worries right now.

They know what they are doing is wrong.. there is no reason for them not to get banned.
    (Sadly) Blizzard do not ban for abusing bugs.
    Quote from Newpower

There is no way u can get banned for such a massive exploit there is like 50% of d3 players doin it atm blizz should be crazy to ban such ammount of ppl from their game also there was tons of exploits done on streams since start of the game and no1 was banned for that so i think its impposible to get a ban for such a flaw in the game that blizz left just cuz too many ppl doin it .(also this exploit is makin ppl play the game again so blizz win )

This has not stopped them before

and 50% of the people are not... lets not make up facts =)
    Quote from Molster

Quote from Newpower

You are right, it is not 50%, it is every person that has a wizard

Quote from burninfate

Quote from Molster

Quote from Newpower

Quote from burninfate

Quote from burninfate

Quote from Molster

Quote from Newpower

also not even close to true.

'most people' dont go to official forums/fan sites/reddit to know this stuff in the first place =P

edit: dont get me wrong, there are a bunch doing it, but nowhere near to the degree people are trying to say.. if they can track this (which may not even be possible) they very well might do a ban wave. that really does not stop them
    Quote from Molster

Quote from Discontinued

Quote from Molster

They are not even close to the same thing (referring to the farming of chests). Diablo is about farming, im still a little sad they are trying so hard to stop people from farming what they want. But that's something else all together.

Also just because one thing they look the other way on..does not mean that should be the case for all. A lot of people are exploiting this big time in hardcore.

On top of this, Wizards are stacking insane amounts of MF gear and doing act 3 without worries right now.

They know what they are doing is wrong.. there is no reason for them not to get banned.

Not the same thing? The logic you just used to refute what I said, you then applied it in the opposite way to support a claim that has, literally, the same end. Exploiting the placing of the resplendent chests has the same effect: practically free loot that is not meant to be attained that way.

Are you suggesting that people that are killing champ packs for extra loot don't know it's wrong? How about people stacking mf sets to click on resplendent chests knowing that they will spawn there?

Of course they are not the exact same thing, however, the outcome (which is what MATTERS) is the same. The unintentional reduction or removal of the difficulty of the monsters at a chance for increased loot that should not be possible otherwise.

Your point of them stacking mf is no different than what they did for resplendent chest farming too, so that wasn't exactly a great point to make either..

It also just isn't one thing. There have been over five that I can recount of. I don't even pay attention nearly as much as my friends to this kind of thing, so I imagine the count is much, much higher.

Personally, I think they should have banned everyone who has exploited for extra gear and items. Especially because the market is the way that it is because of people doing things exactly like this.

Oh well.
    Quote from Molster

Quote from burninfate

Quote from burninfate

Quote from Molster

Quote from Newpower

also not even close to true.

'most people' dont go to official forums/fan sites/reddit to know this stuff in the first place =P

edit: dont get me wrong, there are a bunch doing it, but nowhere near to the degree people are trying to say.. if they can track this (which may not even be possible) they very well might do a ban wave. that really does not stop them

Most people have a friend that will gloat about it. General chat, Trade chat, forums are not the only means of information.
    ok i cant be sure its 50% of ppl doin it ofc but i know mega load of ppl in d3 and almost every1 got a wizard and atm even every undergeared wizard alt is doin this cmon i am just realistic look at the past since game is released not a single person was banned for using glitch/exlpoit and i can say blizz dont wanna loose more ppl in d3 by banning em for such exploits they only ban for using 3rd party programs ... and thats a fact.
    Quote from Discontinued

Quote from Molster

Quote from Discontinued

Quote from Molster

Not the same thing? The logic you just used to refute what I said, you then applied it in the opposite way to support a claim that has, literally, the same end. Exploiting the placing of the resplendent chests has the same effect: practically free loot that is not meant to be attained that way.

Are you suggesting that people that are killing champ packs for extra loot don't know it's wrong? How about people stacking mf sets to click on resplendent chests knowing that they will spawn there?

Of course they are not the exact same thing, however, the outcome (which is what MATTERS) is the same. The unintentional reduction or removal of the difficulty of the monsters at a chance for increased loot that should not be possible otherwise.

Your point of them stacking mf is no different than what they did for resplendent chest farming too, so that wasn't exactly a great point to make either..

It also just isn't one thing. There have been over five that I can recount of. I don't even pay attention nearly as much as my friends to this kind of thing, so I imagine the count is much, much higher.

Personally, I think they should have banned everyone who has exploited for extra gear and items. Especially because the market is the way that it is because of people doing things exactly like this.

Oh well.

I actually only talked about the chests. Notice I didnt talk about the Elite killing =)
    [that would get me going longer than I have time to type =P]

Quote from Newpower

ok i cant be sure its 50% of ppl doin it ofc but i know mega load of ppl in d3 and almost every1 got a wizard and atm even every undergeared wizard alt is doin this cmon i am just realistic look at the past since game is released not a single person was banned for using glitch/exlpoit and i can say blizz dont wanna loose more ppl in d3 by banning em for such exploits they only ban for using 3rd party programs ... and thats a fact.

that's not a fact, they do ban for exploits.
    Quote from Molster »

Quote from Newpower

I personally reported crap load of abuse/exploits/glithces that were even used by a lot of streamers even those scripters with the MF gear change ...mate not a single person was banned for using a flaw in the game without 3rd party program.
    Quote from Newpower

Quote from Molster »

Quote from Newpower

I personally reported crap load of abuse/exploits/glithces that were even used by a lot of streamers even those scripters with the MF gear change ...mate not a single person was banned for using a flaw in the game without 3rd party program.

Just because the ones you have reported were not, does not means others have not been. They won't go off just a report, they must investigate these things as well. It also comes down to if it can be tracked (which is I think the main reasons we don't see a lot of bans on these things).

I've posted this countless times in other threads, but blizzard is taken a very aggressive approach this time around in D3 compared to their other games. If you look around the web, you can see this.

In wow they have banned (though in wow they do have temp bans) top guilds. If they do find it as a violation they will take action.

But once again, it all comes down to if this can even be tracked.

Honestly it just ends up being a hot topic for me.. im just tried off all these exploits =(
    Quote from Newpower

I'm not an exploiting pile of shit, and I can bet that there are many people who play legitimately too. Not everyone is a waste of life who spends hours and hours cheating in a video game.
    Pretty weird exploit. I noticed the servers went offline today (EU) for like 30 minutes? Hotfix?

I am curious though, since I could activate this exploit by accident, how I could be banned for it. Its bad coding, and I shouldn't be banned for it happening to me (unless it happens more than once I guess - probably not by chance in that case).
    I used to shoot people in the knee with arrows, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Support my photography. A hobby, but starting to make some money out of it. Brett Delport Photography

Quote from FatManza

Pretty weird exploit. I noticed the servers went offline today (EU) for like 30 minutes? Hotfix?

I am curious though, since I could activate this exploit by accident, how I could be banned for it. Its bad coding, and I shouldn't be banned for it happening to me (unless it happens more than once I guess - probably not by chance in that case).

thats one of the reasons im debating if its even trackable (however, if it is.. im sure its easy to see if they are using it over and over again.)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes