So i just got banned...

So, i wanted to log on to play some diablo 2 when i got error 52, and so did my a friend of mine,
    Does using TeamViewer constitute a viable reason to bann my account ?
    I play Diablo3 with team viewer when i`m at work, i do simple runs, for gold farming, to try and keep up with the AH prices.
    And to my surprize when i tried to log in and do act 3 with my barb, Diablo 3 said that my account had been banned, and Blizzard didn`t event bother to send me an email about this.
    Now my question is, does playing through teamviewer, constitute enough motive for an account bann ?
    Not sure about teamviewer, but I really dont understand why someone would get ban using it. Also how can you play, when you´re at work? :)
    I play using team viewer, that was the whole point becuase i can`t have the game installed on my work station, so i did sarkoth runs with teamviewer to get gold to get items from the GaH, becuase the Drops are absolutely terrible, apparently, this is against their eula/tos, or maybe there has been a mistake or somth, becuase my coleague who does the same thing also got banned, we both summited tickets to blizzard,
    I don't use teamviewer but have always used Splashtop and have never had an issue, best of luck to you
    Quote from mekanykl

I play using team viewer, that was the whole point becuase i can`t have the game installed on my work station, so i did sarkoth runs with teamviewer to get gold to get items from the GaH, becuase the Drops are absolutely terrible, apparently, this is against their eula/tos, or maybe there has been a mistake or somth, becuase my coleague who does the same thing also got banned, we both summited tickets to blizzard,

I actually tried to ask that what kind of job you have that you have time to play Diablo while at work. :)

EDIT: good luck with the ticket! :)
    Double.........
    Thats genius. On one computer you got diablo 3 and withe another you let your bot run via teamviewer... problem blizzard?!

Simply epic.
    Quote from fuqu

Thats genius. On one computer you got diablo 3 and withe another you let your bot run via teamviewer... problem blizzard?!

Simply epic.

Haha yeah. :)
    I work as a support tech for streaming company, so i do have a lot of "free" time at the office, the only downside is that i cannot install any games/unneccessary software on the computer, so i play via teamviewer.
    All I know is that 99 times out of 100, every time we get one of these 'so I got banned' threads where someone is trying to show Blizzard for being fail, it turns out the OP conveniently left out some vital part of the story. Like all those Linux users who conveniently didn't tell us they were botting.

You may be 1 in 100 OP, but let's be honest... The numbers are kind of against you.
    Quote from Kisho

All I know is that 99 times out of 100, every time we get one of these 'so I got banned' threads where someone is trying to show Blizzard for being fail, it turns out the OP conveniently left out some vital part of the story. Like all those Linux users who conveniently didn't tell us they were botting.

You may be 1 in 100 OP, but let's be honest... The numbers are kind of against you.

That`s what i am most afraid of... Becuase basically it might be construed as botting if i am not phisycally at the computer, eventhough i there is no A.I. playing it is still me, remotely...
    You should call blizz when you can and explain the situation. Not just complain about it on a forum you know they don't recgonise that they read.
    It's possible it's being viewed as an attempt to obscur your IP. I have to agree though, I have a feeling it's more than that.

Just from anecdotal stuff I've heard, you will likely have to call to sort this out. I don't believe they usually handle these kinds of requests in tickets.
    I was doing some farming last night and a guy in our group just logged off for no reason. He said he got banned. I think they are just tossing them out left and right. He was farming treasure goblins before joining and logging in and out really fast might have red flagged him as a bot.
    from wardens point of view, teamviewer would be a bot. A program (teamviewer) is doing all the actions. You might be controlling those from off site, but to warden, its a program doing them.

That's the only thing that make sense to me, if teamviewer was the only tool used.

But according to the ToS, One input -> one action . it should not be the cause of a ban. (just like multiboxing in wow, you can use ones that control multiple computers)

If a ban wave did go out, try searching for Diablo III multi-boxers, see if they got hit in this wave as well.
    Quote from Molster

from wardens point of view, teamviewer would be a bot. A program (teamviewer) is doing all the actions. You might be controlling those from off site, but to warden, its a program doing them.

That's the only thing that make sense to me, if teamviewer was the only tool used.

But according to the ToS, One input -> one action . it should not be the cause of a ban. (just like multiboxing in wow, you can use ones that control multiple computers)

If a ban wave did go out, try searching for Diablo III multi-boxers, see if they got hit in this wave as well.

This is my thought on the situation. Assuming you are playing legitimately through Teamview, this may be a case of Warden indiscriminately seeing a distinct and different input for an account on a different IP address.

I wouldn't think this to be illegal, but until Blizzard definitively answers that, or corrects Warden to ignore those functions, you will probably have to cease utilizing the program (in addition to calling and talking to a representative to have your account unlocked).
    Nah, this dude admitted he was doing Sarkaroth runs "from work" on his pc at home using "TeamViewer". Lawls, the only people who do Sarkoroth runs are bots, were you perhaps doing a bunch of runs per hour every hour using the same mouse clicks and had a huge # of gold picked up?

Lol at excuses...... man up and buy a new copy and bot carefully.
    There has been a lot of reports in the last day or so about people who play normally using no hacks bots etc being banned, but they have been doing sakorath runs or GF'ing act 3 which is what most of the scripts are setup to do, so it might just be that blizzard have been monitoring what type of activity people have been doing and if they fall in certain parameters they ban them.

Someone botting/using hacks wouldn't complain about it as they know they are in the wrong, an innocent person caught in the cross fire should be fine, you will probably be better off trying to call them tho, as the ticket response is often the same "sorry we cant do anything blah blah blah" at least when you call someone they actually tell you what it was that you were supposed to have done and you can explain your actions better to them.
    stop bullshitting. you botted didnt ya
    Quote from jackel668

There has been a lot of reports in the last day or so about people who play normally using no hacks bots etc being banned, but they have been doing sakorath runs or GF'ing act 3 which is what most of the scripts are setup to do, so it might just be that blizzard have been monitoring what type of activity people have been doing and if they fall in certain parameters they ban them.

Someone botting/using hacks wouldn't complain about it as they know they are in the wrong, an innocent person caught in the cross fire should be fine, you will probably be better off trying to call them tho, as the ticket response is often the same "sorry we cant do anything blah blah blah" at least when you call someone they actually tell you what it was that you were supposed to have done and you can explain your actions better to them.

No, you always try to get banned accounts unbanned..... You can request reviews, etc. and Team Viewer sounds like perfect excuse. Nobody farms Sarkaroth for fun by hand, you do it with a bot. If you had real control you would be farming something else that makes ALOT more money than running a Sark script. Even if he was just at work and could only play a few min here and there he couldve farmed alot better places by hand....like warrior rest, where a game takes 30seconds and you can resume the checkpoint at any time.......
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes