Has blizzard given up on diablo 3?

again with the less players thing, i tell you those people will come crawling back, maybe after a patch, maybe after pvp, maybe not until after an expansion but they will come rushing back to D3
    Quote from Naemesis

Quote from tanis0

Quote from FuriousBalls

Quote from Rainbowdash

Your first post disappoints me.

This.

This.

This.

This.

So blizzard did you rush this game?

LOL. This game had a longer beta than most games' entire development cycle.
    No they haven't, they are just damn stubborn and think they are doing it the right way.
    Also, do notice that Diablo 3 is an online game. I've been playing mostly online games for the past 8-10 years and you get used to the downtime and server problems that arise. Yeah, it sucks, but Blizzard handles it way better than most companies do. In RFO, sometimes stuff could be faulty or not working for weeks. Yay! At least stuff gets fixed here.

Sorry about this, but gamers have become so fucking demanding and spoiled. It's like small bratty children demanding complete perfection, and if anything, ANYTHING would stop working or not be perfect even for a second, it's nerdrage all over.

Take a chill pill and ride it out.
    play the game is if you like it, stop complaining about anything else man, whats the point really...
    Quote from tanis0
    My bad for misquoting you as saying it was a good point as opposed to a fair point. I was in a bit of a rush.

Even so, while I think you've made a fair point, I still don't think the OP has. :D

Aye, it's not a big difference, but there certainly is one ;-)

Oh well, hopefully Blizzard will learn from their mistakes and keep the AH online for a long period of time from now on.
    The OP is just trolling. Report him for trolling and move on. Do not feed the troll. This is cleary a bad attempt, but 2 pages of responses have falled for it.

DO NOT FEED IT!
    Quote from lorien1973

And yet despite the incredibly long development time, it's still missing some of the very basic features one would expect.

Like a functional AH that's even more basic than the old republics.

Or how about

A complete lack of testing for end game content (d3 has endgame!?)

Act4 was rushed,
    The story is incredibly predictable, who else sussed out Leah early on.
    Very minimal build diversity (due to lack of testing)

D3 may of had a long beta but it was only to level 13 and barely even scratching act1. They might as well of not bothered because it made no difference to level 60 and end game. Not that there is one.
    "People have [insert random complaint here]. Has Blizzard given up on this game?"

Translation: "I have [insert random complaint here]. My problems haven't been address yet. Has Blizzard given up on me? Who's with me?"
    Quote from Kaoskadosk

Sorry about this, but gamers have become so fucking demanding and spoiled. It's like small bratty children demanding complete perfection, and if anything, ANYTHING would stop working or not be perfect even for a second, it's nerdrage all over.

Maybe gamers got a bit more demanding these days. But from a giant company like Blizzard you are allowed to expect quality, right?!

D3 took so long to complete and it still is broken as hell and half of the game D2 is/was. Waiting so long to be disappointed after a month or 2 of playing it will get most people at least agitated.

The game to me feels untested and rushed to be released (even with all the time they had) and that the actual beta is going on at this very moment.

I had high hopes for this game. All it did was disappointed me in the end.
    That's probably what makes so many people 'mad' at the game and Blizz.
    Been playing with my 8mb wireless connection and so far no real problems. The only problem is my connection that sometimes makes me lag and go back some steps :/ I'm in the EU and no problem at all with a normal connection. I guess most people just lag because of their connection and not because Blizz servers are bad.
    If pvp came with the release it would have been better but it wouldn't change much because people would need to lvl up, get gear and learn to play. It would be a good time to release it now but it won't hurt to wait a little longer, right? :/ But yes, I do think it should be out by now.
    About bugs and other glitches...all games have bugs and glitches and D3 is the type of game that usually has many bugs. But guess what...it doesn't :/ I've played a lot and so far I didn't notice any problem or encountered something weird. When D3 came out it had some bugs, bugs that wouldn't stop you from play (don't refer to errors in connections or login fails because that's just the problem of expecting 5 million and having 8 million gamers trying to log in :/). Anyway, I think Blizz was pretty quick at solving those issues, minor issues in most cases and that even without patches the game is completly playable. The patches solved some minor things and balanced others.
    Yes, there is a decline in the number of people playing but that's normal. D3 isn't a MMO and many people will just play normal and perhaps nightmare. Many people that bought the game are new to Diablo universe and won't really stay for long (although some may become addicted). Others will play more time but will stop because they get bored, and that's normal, it also happened with D2. People that really like the game will keep playing for how long they want. The fans will play longer and some will keep playing for years. D3 is more complex and harder than D2. New patches, PVP, expansions, etc...will make people keep playing and bring old and new players.
    The game didn't came out with many bugs, it came out just fine. Remember that they can't test everything before release and discover every little problem :/ The AH is something risky but necessary for more people to pass Inferno :/ It gives some uniformity to players strenght and helps them progress. Although it can seem like you're cheating xD I feel like it isn't fair to use it to pass the game. It's like you can't pass some stage, you go to the AH and the difficult is reduced :/ But, even with the AH Inferno will be really hard x)
    only thing i do all day is hang around AH, and its been down for almost 2 days now on EU so im kinda bored as hell :(
    Troll thread is successful.
    ah! My hunger for tears shall ease in this topic.

Besides, it's not even 2 months from release. They didn't even sell half of the copies they want to. The game is supposed to last about 10 years, if not more. If Blizzard really gave up on this, it'd be like closing a coffee shop you just opened because some people came by, had a snack and didn't come back the next day.

BesidesĀ², where people get all this cool data? Number of players playing 1 month ago and people playing now? Hot info, huh. Probably not based on how many of their friends are online then and how many are now.
    Quote from Kaoskadosk

Also, do notice that Diablo 3 is an online game. I've been playing mostly online games for the past 8-10 years and you get used to the downtime and server problems that arise. Yeah, it sucks, but Blizzard handles it way better than most companies do. In RFO, sometimes stuff could be faulty or not working for weeks. Yay! At least stuff gets fixed here.

Exactly. This next generation of gamers is a total disaster. They are spoiled and know nothing about games. Some games are for people that know to appreciate good work :/
    i think its pretty safe to say a lot of people dont play anymore, and not because of how bad the game is/supposedly is, but because:
    a) a lot of WoW players got D3 for free from annual pass, gave it a try and then moved back to WoW, more specifically MoP beta
    b ) a lot of casual people clear normal, maybe NM and then quit, it was stated by Blizzard themselves that this would happen

overall i dont see what's the big fuss about people quitting, blizzard already got their money from people buying the game, after that they can make some extra money from RMAH but i think it is a lot less compared to the money they got purely from sales
    Quote from DirtyImpulz

Quote from Kaoskadosk

Maybe gamers got a bit more demanding these days. But from a giant company like Blizzard you are allowed to expect quality, right?!

D3 took so long to complete and it still is broken as hell and half of the game D2 is/was. Waiting so long to be disappointed after a month or 2 of playing it will get most people at least agitated.

The game to me feels untested and rushed to be released (even with all the time they had) and that the actual beta is going on at this very moment.

I had high hopes for this game. All it did was disappointed me in the end.
    That's probably what makes so many people 'mad' at the game and Blizz.

You're one of those people that are lost in time...if you could really compare D2 and D3 maybe you would understand that D3 is much better :/ Talk about the skill system? D2 system was ridiculous and what I saw in D2 was a bunch of people always doing the same build...perfect machines, people act like old people that don't want to change :/ There are so many aspects that I could talk of LOL.
    I was trying hard to play last night. The game just feels so boring to me right now.

I wish I could still level up beyond 60. Even if beyond 60 I didn't keep getting new skills or skill runes. At least I could get stats for every level. And they wouldn't be a lot of stats anyway, so it's not like I'd be getting overpowered from leveling. I just hate that now the ONLY thing I work toward is better gear. When in D2 you cared so much about the leveling even if it was just an incremental amount of stats and killing power each time. But you worked for that while also having gear as an added bonus for your hard work.
    Quote from madmo55y

Quote from lorien1973

And yet despite the incredibly long development time, it's still missing some of the very basic features one would expect.

Like a functional AH that's even more basic than the old republics.

Or how about

A complete lack of testing for end game content (d3 has endgame!?)

Act4 was rushed,
    The story is incredibly predictable, who else sussed out Leah early on.
    Very minimal build diversity (due to lack of testing)

D3 may of had a long beta but it was only to level 13 and barely even scratching act1. They might as well of not bothered because it made no difference to level 60 and end game. Not that there is one.

Predictable story? You know why its predictable? Because Blizz revealed too much before realease and anyone with some brains would know much of the story before release. If it was like D2 you would know nothing, you would only know when you were playing :/ Honesty, D3 story is more complex and interesting than D2. The only thing that makes it predictable and not so outstanding is the revealing of unecessary information before release :/ D2 had such a simple story, just follow the wanderer and kill everything in your way...
    D3 actually has something more than following someone :/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes