Has blizzard given up on diablo 3?

Lots of people dying HC due to dc.
    No PVP yet.
    AH being down all the time
    Very few players online now compared to the first weeks after release.

So blizzard did you rush this game? I've got the feeling that this game was a big disappointment to the majority.

Sad.
    Your first post disappoints me.
    Quote from name="Bashiok" »

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.
    Quote from Rainbowdash

This.
    Quote from FuriousBalls

Quote from Rainbowdash

This.

This.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from tanis0

Quote from FuriousBalls

Quote from Rainbowdash

This.

This.

This.
    Sure, jump the bandwagon to be "cool". But he makes a fair point. Not the part about Blizzard giving up on this game, but the horrible service they deliver (mostly for EU).
    Just like with every video game.... tons of people buy.... many play it once and never come back.. even more play it a few times, or for a month or so, then move on to the next game.

Some games have the power to keep you lured in for a long time. Some games have great re-playability... and some don't.
    Since they're pushing more patches and still trying to fix issues, I'll give a qualified "no" as my answer. Why would any company give up on a game that's been available for less than two months? That's just silly to assume... HC problems would annoy me, but damn, some people have zero patience. I'm sure there are many people who claim they could do much better in far less time. I'd wager they would be wrong.
    I don't play HC, but I've never died from a DC. Also, you're going into HC knowing this can happen, whether it is from their part or your ISPs.
    Quote from Seditiar

Sure, jump the bandwagon to be "cool". But he makes a fair point. Not the part about Blizzard giving up on this game, but the horrible service they deliver (mostly for EU).

He doesn't make a good point. I'm not convinced he makes any point at all. He throws out a couple of unsupported accusations. No PvP? Announced before the game came out and slated for patch 1.1.

Lots of people dieing in HC due to DC? I can only speak to the Americas region, but I think I've died to lag exactly once since launch, though I don't play as much as other people. I wasn't being anything like hardcore-careful though and I wouldn't have died if I had been.

AH being down all the time. Like, lately? The AH has had very solid uptime, at least in the Americas. If it's worse in Europe or Asia, then fair enough, but the OP doesn't state that. The AH uptime getting better seems to directly dispute the thread title.

Very few people online now compared to release? Based on what data? Even if there has been a decline, and I'm sure there has been to some extent, that's how it works for non-MMO's. Do you think more people actively play Final Fantasy 7 now than a month after it was released? There's no monthly fee here and if you played 40 hours, you got your money's worth imho.

Did Blizzard rush the game? That's ludicrous. They've spent like twice as long or more on this game as most companies would have for a game which doesn't have a monthly fee (or the "free" to play model which is anything but free).

Sad? I guess, in the ironic sense that the OP is sad as is the fact that I've been goaded into writing this response. :)

So to sum up, I'm not exactly sure where the "good point" is. If you think the service is bad, maybe you can make a solid case for that. I know pretty much nothing about the EU region's stability. The OP isn't about that though -- it's just a mess of random complaints with no support or context.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    The game is great i cannot get past act 2 in inferno but thats just made me make a new hero a DH and i love the game play of that toon looking forward to getting it to inferno in a few days.
    Quote from Popliteus10

No PVP yet.

So blizzard did you rush this game? I've got the feeling that this game was a big disappointment to the majority.

Sad.

The game was a big disappointment to a very smal minority who's complaining on the forums, the majority is playing and not caring about posting.
    Nothing is ever rushed by Blizzard.

Quote from Seditiar

They delivered amazing service compared to any other developer. People just expect miracles, and miracles just don't happen.
    The game just released, and Blizzard is still coming out with patches and everything to improve it.
    Shut up.
    Quote from tanis0

Quote from Seditiar

He doesn't make a good point. I'm not convinced he makes any point at all. He throws out a couple of unsupported accusations. No PvP? Announced before the game came out and slated for patch 1.1.

Lots of people dieing in HC due to DC? I can only speak to the Americas region, but I think I've died to lag exactly once since launch, though I don't play as much as other people. I wasn't being anything like hardcore-careful though and I wouldn't have died if I had been.

AH being down all the time. Like, lately? The AH has had very solid uptime, at least in the Americas. If it's worse in Europe or Asia, then fair enough, but the OP doesn't state that. The AH uptime getting better seems to directly dispute the thread title.

Very few people online now compared to release? Based on what data? Even if there has been a decline, and I'm sure there has been to some extent, that's how it works for non-MMO's. Do you think more people actively play Final Fantasy 7 now than a month after it was released? There's no monthly fee here and if you played 40 hours, you got your money's worth imho.

Did Blizzard rush the game? That's ludicrous. They've spent like twice as long or more on this game as most companies would have for a game which doesn't have a monthly fee (or the "free" to play model which is anything but free).

Sad? I guess, in the ironic sense that the OP is sad as is the fact that I've been goaded into writing this response.

So to sum up, I'm not exactly sure where the "good point" is. If you think the service is bad, maybe you can make a solid case for that. I know pretty much nothing about the EU region's stability. The OP isn't about that though -- it's just a mess of random complaints with no support or context.

I did not say he made a good point, I said it was a fair point. A fair point because some of it was just random crap, but some points were spot on. Granted, he did not state on what region he is playing.
    The PvP part is true, but it's still very disappointing that it didn't come with the launch, although the class balance would be very bad, it still should've been implemented at the launch of the game. What happened to the "It's done when it's done." motto? I have no idea.

I myself have died three times on hardcore EU, one character was my own fault (73 hours playtime), the other two were level 50 and 35, so for me personally it wasn't a big deal. But it could've been if I were further in the game with those characters, like a lot of other people.

The AH isn't down all the time, but it's at least twice a week in EU for at least several hours. This time it's already 22 hours and counting.

I agree with you that the statement regarding less people online since launch is just random gibberish.

Although I don't agree with the term "rushed" launch, I do think they could've taken a few more weeks, months maybe, to hammer out the bugs. Maybe even open the complete game in the open-beta, to really stress test their servers. Just throw in a feat of strength and some vanity item as reward for completing Hell or whatever. It's not that hard to do that.

Conclusion: some points that the OP made were fair, some were just plain trolling and/or gibberish. I for one enjoy Diablo 3 a lot, and I mean A LOT, I have at least 400 hours active playtime so far and still going strong. I do however think that some services could be better. The AH should have better uptime in Europe, and the communication should be a lot better in Europe. No blue posts whatsoever since the AH broke down 22 hours ago.
    D3 rushed? Please.
    Quote from Popliteus10

No PVP yet.

Sad.

Ofcourse every new game needs improvements, we just have to take it :). I think most players are frustrated to new repair bill costs though.
    Quote from Seditiar

I did not say he made a good point, I said it was a fair point. A fair point because some of it was just random crap, but some points were spot on. Granted, he did not state on what region he is playing.
    The PvP part is true, but it's still very disappointing that it didn't come with the launch, although the class balance would be very bad, it still should've been implemented at the launch of the game. What happened to the "It's done when it's done." motto? I have no idea.

I myself have died three times on hardcore EU, one character was my own fault (73 hours playtime), the other two were level 50 and 35, so for me personally it wasn't a big deal. But it could've been if I were further in the game with those characters, like a lot of other people.

The AH isn't down all the time, but it's at least twice a week in EU for at least several hours. This time it's already 22 hours and counting.

I agree with you that the statement regarding less people online since launch is just random gibberish.

Although I don't agree with the term "rushed" launch, I do think they could've taken a few more weeks, months maybe, to hammer out the bugs. Maybe even open the complete game in the open-beta, to really stress test their servers. Just throw in a feat of strength and some vanity item as reward for completing Hell or whatever. It's not that hard to do that.

Conclusion: some points that the OP made were fair, some were just plain trolling and/or gibberish. I for one enjoy Diablo 3 a lot, and I mean A LOT, I have at least 400 hours active playtime so far and still going strong. I do however think that some services could be better. The AH should have better uptime in Europe, and the communication should be a lot better in Europe. No blue posts whatsoever since the AH broke down 22 hours ago.

My bad for misquoting you as saying it was a good point as opposed to a fair point. I was in a bit of a rush.

Even so, while I think you've made a fair point, I still don't think the OP has. :D
    Well, I think it was kind of rushed though, look at the last few months specifically and you notice the change in "game-systems". The new UI for skills etc.

I haven't played D3 in weeks now since I personally HATE the AH, I want to find my own gear, not grind gold and buy some stuff at the AH. I miss D2 in D3, low level set items were freaking awesome in D2, now, not even a sign of set-items until higher levels/difficulties.

I for one are very dissapointed in D3, as well as a lot of friends of mine. Why can't we just enter the world, slay some monsters and find awesome gear without being in Inferno? I am not saying it's too hard or anything, I just miss the low level epicness of rare's/set-items. We used to farm for days in D2 for a specific items, now all we do is hit a search button and voila, there's the item you want for a few million's of gold, yay :facepalm:

Oh, and don't get me started on the shitload of patches and hotfixes, it's not a damn MMO like WoW! Oh, I will wait with some stuff because in patch 1.0.9383 it's getting changed so I can benefite more.. just a few more weeks till it's release.. sigh
    the AH in the EU has been broken since Sunday evening it came up for an hour or so but was taken down again as it was still broken, the AH in the EU hasn't been all that bad its had a few bad times but nothing really that major.

the HC deaths due to DC is probably because of kungen getting killed again today which wasn't due to DC it was due to his PC crashing (which isn't due to diablo)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes