Patch 1.0.3 undocumented changes

The event that summons the Warden (act I) on the way to Butcher is not 100% spawn now. The area was full of mobs and a few elite packs as usual, but no event to free the 6 imprisoned souls so no Warden spawn.
    Quote from Nexiv

The event that summons the Warden (act I) on the way to Butcher is not 100% spawn now. The area was full of mobs and a few elite packs as usual, but no event to free the 6 imprisoned souls so no Warden spawn.

Are you sure you weren't simply past that point in the quest progression? That sounds like a rather major change, it was part of the main questline after all, you couldn't even progress without killing the Warden. In the mean time I'm going to try to verify this.
    Quote from sny83

Quote from Nexiv

Are you sure you weren't simply past that point in the quest progression? That sounds like a rather major change, it was part of the main questline after all, you couldn't even progress without killing the Warden. In the mean time I'm going to try to verify this.

Well I was taking my 3rd character through Hell, which I hadnt done yet so it was the first time I was making my way to the Butcher on that difficulty setting. I have not tried it again, so I should doublecheck.
    In Highlands Crossing (after Halls of Agony lvl 2 and before the Cursed Hold), the mobs are a lot more spread out. Before the patch, they were mainly on the main platform, now they are spread from the first bridge, the platform, and the second bridge.
    Also, before the patch, you could get either an event to kill Dargon, to help a merchant, or get Radek the Fence to sell to you. I've done 20+ runs, and not a single merchant spawned...
    Is it just me, or are brimstones only being salvaged from legendaries? I used to get a decent amount, maybe 3 a day, before the patch. The price on the AH has also tripled.
    Not all Champion/Elite packs are dropping 2 guaranteed rares with 5 stacks of NV (happened several times to me today).
    Quote from Balrog

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Miatschi

Quote from mavfin

Quote from Syphilicious

The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster that drops lower quality (white) loot.

Same as the goblins, no static spawn champ/boss packs either. At least not close to a waypoint. I see more random Resplendent Chests now, too.

so the a2 goblin is also gone?

I wouldn't be at all surprised, but I don't check that type of thing.

Act 2 goblin still spawns in Ancient Path

And Road to Alcanus.
    Quote from DokFaust

Not all Champion/Elite packs are dropping 2 guaranteed rares with 5 stacks of NV (happened several times to me today).

They only drop one guaranteed rare. You can get up to four to drop though.
    Has anyone else noticed the "shielding" and "invulnerable minions" affixes have had their animations changed? It used to be a forcefield/bubble and now its a smokey blue/yellow aura.
    Quote from inbredpsychosis

Quote from DokFaust

They only drop one guaranteed rare. You can get up to four to drop though.

I thought it was two, up from one guaranteed :/

Ah well!
    When switching from GMAH to RMAH, or vice versa, the bracketed numbers next to Auctions and Completed will not update unless you click on the tab. It will instead show the number from the AH you switched from.
    Dont know if its me but i think they lowered the amount of health monster have in multiplayer . I was playing with 2 of my friend today and mob were droping so fast ....
    Resplandencent chest in the first floor of the Keep (a3) replaced with normal chest.

When you open it, there are still severall skeletons risen from lava, so it's a replacement.
    Anyone else getting 2 elite packs VERY close so each other? i mean, VERY close, I've ended up figthing (or trying to) 2 packs at the same time about 8 times since patch 1.03, before that, maybe 1... right now it happens at least once per run, but hell, maybe i'm unlucky as hell, so, anyone seen this?
    Quote from asdfywea

Anyone else getting 2 elite packs VERY close so each other? i mean, VERY close, I've ended up figthing (or trying to) 2 packs at the same time about 8 times since patch 1.03, before that, maybe 1... right now it happens at least once per run, but hell, maybe i'm unlucky as hell, so, anyone seen this?

Yes, I have noticed this today.
    Quote from dd614

Quote from asdfywea

k then it's not just me... i tryed to report it in the official forums but for some reason their idiotic website says my account is a trial, so i sent a ticket anyway... if you can report it in the official bug forum that would be nice
    Rodger the Alchemist still sells half priced health potions.

My friend and i were able to purchase Mythic Potions for ~310 g from him on Inferno difficulty not 2 hours ago. His inventory is random so i'd suggest keep trying.
    Quote from dd614

Quote from asdfywea

We had 5 elite packs in a row no shit. Was funny as, lucky it was only hell mode. Was while looking for Thul's body. If I had run around and gathered them together there would have been about 12 blue and 4 gold elites.
    Quote from sny83
    • Auction House
      • The item tooltip in the AH user interface now shows the calculated DPS (as mentioned the official patch notes) but when searching for an item, the DPS column of the result table shows the raw weapon DPS

Quote from duckwilliamson

The AH tooltip now shows the calculated DPS (as in the patch notes) but the table-column "DPS" shows the weapon raw DPS. I actually like this and hope it stays.

Ok, perhaps im reading this wrong, or not quite understanding it. From what i can tell the AH shows the same DPS in the listing(full page of weapons, the dps shown there) as the dps on the tooltip when you mouse over each weapon.

Also, looked over 1.0.3 and only thing mentioned in reference to the AH about tooltips is showing the socketed gem bonus correctly....

• Auction House
      • Item tooltips in the auction house will now correctly reflect stat bonuses provided by socketed gems
      • Items with class-specific affixes should now display the class restriction properly
      • It should no longer be possible for players to purchase a stack of items so large that it cannot be sent to their stash
      • The data displayed in each auction house tab should now properly reset when logging out

So not sure whats up with the mention of this here.

Now if only they would show a bit in the tooltip on the AH window to display the changes +/- to the currently selected character(same as it does now while in game and you mouse over items).... oh the time that would save.
    OK now i see whats going on. Its only on items with the socketed gems that increase the total DPS on the weapon. This is with all items that have sockets and not just weapons. however since there are no other 'table listed' item properties that a gem can raise(such as armor) then this only shows up with weapons.

so yeah, perhaps add to the notes that this is on socketed items that have a gem that increase the calculated DPS. For all other weapons it still shows the proper DPS on the tooltip and the table of weapons. (gems that give no dmg increase wont affect it either and will still show properly)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes