Chrome Extension - Diablo 3 Toolbox

Looks nice, good work.

However, I don't install things I don't need :)
    Quote from shadow16990

Just a heads up that its pretty broken on Chrome Canary on OSX 10.7, but your probably aware :)
    No, I haven't tested it with the Canary Build, but I will. Could you tell me which version you are using?

Quote from Heave

can u possibly make one for FireFox ? :P

pretty please :P
    A Firefox version is already on the list, but due to the fact that Firefox development takes much longer and that most people are too much concerned (understandable) about their security, I made the Chrome Extension first.

Quote from swooshxx

What he means is that when a Chrome extension accesses a website, it requires permission from the user first. This means, for example, an extension can't grab child pron and get you in trouble without you knowing.

This does not necessarily mean that he needs the ability to log into your battle.net or diablofans account...

...however, the request from the extension is:
    Your data on battle.net, diablofans.com, and twitter.com
    +
    Your tabs and browsing activity

With this coupling, I will not personally guarantee you're safe. To me this can be interpreted as being able to read your account info if you happen to open your profile with the extension running. Doesn't mean it will or even can, but it certainly sounds a lot scarier than simply being able to access those domains independent of your personal browsing.

Note however that if you have AdBlock installed, you are already trusting one stranger with far more access than this guy. ;)
    This guy is right. Currently I have to manually extract the server status from the Battle.net page. In the future, when the API is out, my Ext. will use this as the only source. I can not give you a guarantee that it is 100% safe, but you might just take the fact that I really wanted to establish my being here in the past and that I was listening to feature requests which were realized then.

Quote from StratoFoxglove

Downloaded and installed your plugin, it's nice for seeing whether there are any exciting headlines on Diablofans in a flash.

Also, congratulations on reaching the front page!

Thanks a lot :)
    Downloaded! I've also added a review for it. :D
    Thank you for writing this. I really like the app and its a minor preference issue but I was wondering if you could give a few more options for disabling certain aspects. For example, I personally want login messages, server statuses and diablofans news, but I don't care for twitter stuff so being able to disable that would be nice. Overall its a nice extension. (It is also possible I just missed that option)
    Quote from Sojourna

Downloaded! I've also added a review for it. :D
    Thanks in advance :)

Quote from Orthrus

Thank you for writing this. I really like the app and its a minor preference issue but I was wondering if you could give a few more options for disabling certain aspects. For example, I personally want login messages, server statuses and diablofans news, but I don't care for twitter stuff so being able to disable that would be nice. Overall its a nice extension. (It is also possible I just missed that option)
    There is no such option yet but it's on my list now.
    GJ NICE ONE :-)
    Quote from Impala

C'mon over 350 views and only 2 replies? I'm not begging for attention but I just wonder if you guys:
    -don't trust my work (which I fully understand)
    -tell me how to get this thing more trustworthy
    -don't like it
    -don't need it
    -don't have Chrome

dont need it

i can imagine ppl wanting it though
    Quote from Turtel

Quote from Impala

C'mon over 350 views and only 2 replies? I'm not begging for attention but I just wonder if you guys:
    -don't trust my work (which I fully understand)
    -tell me how to get this thing more trustworthy
    -don't like it
    -don't need it
    -don't have Chrome

dont need it

i can imagine ppl wanting it though

Any suggestions that would make you need it? :)
    i remember many situations in world of warcraft where the authentication servers were down, but not the actual play servers.
    if diablo servers are organized the same, you app might have a "sound" option, if run in the background of a diablo game, to warn not to disconnect.

probably useless, but i guess that would be the kind of "functionality" that would qualify as "need" instead of "want".

PS: i read your explanations and all, but i won't allow your app to check battle.net domain.
    just isn't worth the risk.
    but i applaud the thought AND the work :)
    I need it, but I can wait for you to port it to Firefox. My girlfriend uses Chrome and I see no major differences between it and the new Firefox 13 to warrant me switching over (as the only reason I ever considered moving to Chrome was the saved pages when opening a new tab for quick navigation to your favorites, which was implemented in Firefox 13.)
    Quote from Phlo

i remember many situations in world of warcraft where the authentication servers were down, but not the actual play servers.
    if diablo servers are organized the same, you app might have a "sound" option, if run in the background of a diablo game, to warn not to disconnect.

probably useless, but i guess that would be the kind of "functionality" that would qualify as "need" instead of "want".

In order to login to Diablo 3, you have to go through the authentication servers (i.e. the part of your login that says "Authenticating"), so that would be a nice option to have.
    The login servers health could be tracked using a Ping, but that is something that is currently not possible using standard JavaScript and I didn't want to use foreign servers to fire up the pings.

(Security consideration)
    I was just waiting for some more information on exactly what this plugin does and whatnot, now when I know I tested it out and I think it's great! Thumbs up!
    Chrome webstore is giving me this error and I have no idea why:
    This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled
    Quote from Irghen

Chrome webstore is giving me this error and I have no idea why:
    This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled

You need at least Chrome 18 in order to install.
    For all the undecided and secury-concerned:

Softpedia has just added the extension:
    http://mac.softpedia...3-Toolbox.shtml

And gave me the:
    Congratulations! :)
    I like it..
    Quote from Impala

You need at least Chrome 18 in order to install.

Damn you google for your vague error messages!

Installed and enjoying, thanks for the extension.
    Quote from Impala

Quote from shadow16990

Just a heads up that its pretty broken on Chrome Canary on OSX 10.7, but your probably aware :)

No, I haven't tested it with the Canary Build, but I will. Could you tell me which version you are using?

Sorry for taking so long to get back but its currently Version 22.0.1194.0
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes