WORLD RECORD 1-60 in 42 minutes /played

This is not a boast thread.

-----

Edit:
    We beat our time of 42 minutes, here's a time of 15 minutes /played!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRvIjI-0J60

-----

I realize despite the above statement some people see what they want to see, and think this topic is purely for epeen stroking. It is not. I made a similar topic on mmo-champion when my friend did 1-60 in 2h8m, asking if someone knew someone who had done 1-60 faster. I didn't get any response to my question. So I decided to try my luck here, with the new time of 42 minutes.

My friend dinged 60 not 10 minutes ago, so it's not some day1 thing that has been fixed. This is done without exploiting, or any use of mechanics in a way those mechanics wasn't designed for. It does however take some mechanics a step or two further, but are still used for what they were implemented for.

Anyone knows if someone has done this faster?

edit:
    http://imgur.com/372il is the link to the full-sized image.
    How do you manage to lvl to 60 so fast then???
    He had someone else finish quests and he just joined to finish the quest then logged out. No other possible way. So no you didnt do this legitimately you abuse the ability to just leech exp off someone completing something.

It probably took him hours and hours to do. But the character in question was only played when it needed to be logged on. Who ever ran him spent a long time doing it but it only counts how long youre ingame not how long youre sitting the lobby waiting for a party invite.
    Interesting, I'd like to know how :P
    Used the leapfrog trick.

Old, World Records aren't world records if you cheat your way through with broken mechanics
    All he did was ZK runs...

The game only counts the time spent INSIDE a game, if you are in the menu's it does not count.

If you join and leave ZK runs at the right time, you can easly get to 60 in under.. 15 minutes played time.

Realworld time, would be 3-6 hours.
    Quote from LiquidBlue

What malicebeast said. Log in, turn in quest, log out, and wait.
    Quote from Catalyst8487

Quote from LiquidBlue

Sound pretty lame :(
    I mean, you can be vague about HOW you did this, but it's painfully obvious that you used to game join trick.

If you've got friends that have no problem with you cheesing XP off their work, then good for you.

But don't brag about it. It's not a special accomplishment.
    Quote from LiquidBlue

Quote from Catalyst8487

Quote from LiquidBlue

Using exploits are, even the pretty small ones like grinding the royal crypts or things like that are completely boring. While it can give benefits the immense boredom you might suffer while doing stuff like that often is a major turn off.
    k um guys... that is photoshopped just like all the other threads about 4 hours 60s
    if you notice the character icon fills up with an orange bar at 60... if u notice the wizard has a full bar the barb has an empty one -.-
    Quote from Findulidas

Quote from LiquidBlue

Quote from Catalyst8487

Quote from LiquidBlue

Using exploits are, even the pretty small ones like grinding the royal crypts or things like that are completely boring. While it can give benefits the immense boredom you might suffer while doing stuff like that often is a major turn off.

Meh, many people have been there and done that when it comes to Diablo. They just want to return to their end game, which sadly in this game there is none. MFing is a joke , AH is a joke, Inferno is a joke.
    Quote from Farsight1223

k um guys... that is photoshopped just like all the other threads about 4 hours 60s
    if you notice the character icon fills up with an orange bar at 60... if u notice the wizard has a full bar the barb has an empty one -.-

no the orange bar is for time played he probably leveled his wizard normally so it's full since it took enought time to fill the bar
    Quote from Farsight1223

Guess you only have one char at 60. The orange bar is full on the character you have played the most with.
    Barb @ 60 - Inferno DONE / Wiz @ 60 - Dancing in Whimsyshire / DH @ 60 - Inferno Act III / WD @ 60 - Inferno Act III / Monk @ 60 - Inferno DONE
    Quote from waynebraidy

Quote from Farsight1223

no the orange bar is for time played he probably leveled his wizard normally so it's full since it took enought time to fill the bar

if that is the use of the orange bar then it would be totally useless, if the bar filled after say 10 hours no matter what.. then wat is the point
    Quote from Farsight1223

Quote from waynebraidy

Quote from Farsight1223

if that is the use of the orange bar then it would be totally useless, if the bar filled after say 10 hours no matter what.. then wat is the point

Read my response, that's the point. To compare played time.
    Barb @ 60 - Inferno DONE / Wiz @ 60 - Dancing in Whimsyshire / DH @ 60 - Inferno Act III / WD @ 60 - Inferno Act III / Monk @ 60 - Inferno DONE
    Quote from Adon

Quote from Findulidas

Quote from LiquidBlue

Quote from Catalyst8487

Quote from LiquidBlue

Meh, many people have been there and done that when it comes to Diablo. They just want to return to their end game, which sadly in this game there is none. MFing is a joke , AH is a joke, Inferno is a joke.

I played through with one toon, rushed it anyways. The other 3 were power leveled (1 azmo, 2 ZK). I'm working on my last toon now who's already 30. I'm a bit more focused on enjoying the end game at this point. I'll eventually level a 2nd pair of characters (since I'll probably achievement whore out when i'm burnt out) but for now, getting them to 60 is my first priority. I don't find the 1-59 leveling enjoyable, although I never really have in any game. And I will agree with you, although it's boring as hell, it's efficient.
    Quote from Farsight1223

Wow. How someone can missunderstand that amazes me.

The orange bar will be filled up according to how much of your total time you've spent on that class. Example:
    If you've spent 10 hours playing Barbarian, and 10 hours playing Wizard, both Barbarian and Wizard will be half filled.
    If you've spent 15 hours playing Barbarian, and 5 hours playing Wizard, the Barbarian bar will be 75% filled and the Wizard bar will be 25% filled.
    If you've spent 10 hours on each of the 5 classes, all of them will be 20% filled.
    difficulty: hell.

looks below, killed butcher on inferno.....isn't the difficulty supposed to be on inferno?
    Quote from Tzalix

Quote from Farsight1223

Wow. How someone can missunderstand that amazes me.

The orange bar will be filled up according to how much of your total time you've spent on that class. Example:
    If you've spent 10 hours playing Barbarian, and 10 hours playing Wizard, both Barbarian and Wizard will be half filled.
    If you've spent 15 hours playing Barbarian, and 5 hours playing Wizard, the Barbarian bar will be 75% filled and the Wizard bar will be 25% filled.
    If you've spent 10 hours on each of the 5 classes, all of them will be 20% filled.

Not really, the top played char will always be full.
    Like If you've spent 10 hours on each of the 5 classes, all of them will be 100% filled.
    If you've spent 10 hours on barbarian and 5 hours on wizard, barb will be 100% and wizard 50%.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes