What the future patch should contain

Quote from Jinchuuriki

Quote from dyrebar

How do you accidently drag skills away from your action bar? Are you using your mouse to click on them?? You have 6 abilities. Its not like WoW, where you have a million different abilities etc.

... clicking in wow is kind of bad u kno

I know. Using the mouse is like the last resort. When your keyboard is broken.
    - Nephalem Valor starting at Level 30 instead of 60. It's really shitty going through Nightmare and Hell without any reward for killing most of the shit, then at 60 suddenly stuff start droppping SOMETHING.
    - Custom Chat Channels
    Quote from BerserkPT

Quote from Ryude

I'm not sure a patch can fix all the problems I've seen so far. But here is what I think needs to change in order to make replayability possible.

- Items have no structure, blues/yellows/legendaries all feel the same. If a yellow drops, I don't feel excited like I used to, because there is a high chance that my blue is better anyway. As a result, MFing is downright boring.
    - Traveling between acts should be as easy as D2. Having to make a new game just to play a different part of the game that I've already beaten 100x before is stupid. No, I don't want to listen to dialogue and quest cinematics every single time I play.
    - Crafting is useless, you can never craft anything of high enough level to be useful. When you can, you've already gotten better items anyway.
    - Auction house makes gold the only real thing worth finding. Why bother doing anything other than gold find runs? The auction house is the only place you can find the items you really want.
    - Difficulty is too inconsistent, one minute it's easy easy easy the next minute it's impossible. Either make every monster a challenge or don't.
    - Stat mods are way too strong. Currently, any item that provides a huge boost to stats is crazy strong while any other mod is way too weak. Not to mention goldfind and magicfind mods make little to no difference in what you find.

I could not have said it better! I rly think big problem atm are the itemization! Legendary feels like crap, rares are much better and even some "perfect" magic are way better then everything else.
    Crafting is totally crap noting more to say (maybe as high end items are ok...).
    Difficulty is ok but not consistent with the gear lvl you get from previous difficulty.

Also... Barbs.... my god... a tank? no thank you. Do something about that.

The items seem to have structure. They are divided into tiers. Different tiers drop in different acts and difficulties. For example, a Cloth Armor can drop in act 1 normal and Plate Armor in act 4 normal. When playing nightmare act 1 can drop Silk Armor (which is an upgraded Cloth Armor) and act 4 can drop Balor Armor (which is an upgraded Plate Armor). I came up with the names right now, just to show the principle. These are the base items. See the white-text drops to see their stats.
    Blue items are the above white items, but with properties added to them, making them magic. Magic items can have up to two properties, provided a property can add more than one stat. For example "of the galdiator" adds strength and intelligence (just in before people wonder why some magic items add three stats). Socketed is a property.
    Rare items can have up to four properties (I think, I could be wrong). This does not mean that every rare item is better than every magic item of the same type. It just has a higher chance of being better and a rare with your perfect stats will always be better than a magic item with your perfect stats, simply because a rare can have more of those stats.
    In Diablo 2 every type of item had it's legendary. So from the above example, Silk Armor, Cloth armor, Plate Armor and Balor armor would each have a legendary item. Rings and amulets have their own legendary. I am not sure if this is true for Diablo 3 but I assume it is. Legendaries drop in the areas where their respective tiers drop. Therefore a legendary Cloth Armor is meant for act 1 normal and will almost definitely be worse than a magic Balor armor from act 4 nightmare. Legendaries have a unique set of properties.

While I agree that travelling between acts was convenient, i think the way in Diablo 3 makes more sense. You join a game at a particular part of the story. In D2 you could kill Baal, while Andariel was alive. Personally I much prefer the way Diablo 3 does it.

Crafting might be useless at the beginning but I am sure you will want to make some legendary items, once you get hold of the plans. And while I am pretty sure slow players will find buying gems cheaper than combining, people currently in inferno will appreciate the imortance of the jewelcrafter.

Auction house is where you make the gold!:) If you sell and buy properly, the gold from monsters should be just a small portion of your income.

The difficulty should be inconsistent. The abilities of champions are random, up to 4 in inferno. Hence, some packs you will find easy, some hard. Some yellow bosse are simpler for melee (mortar), others for ranged (arcane enchanted). The randomness is what makes it fun and challenging.

Attack speed is probably the stongest mod. Magic Find and Gold find work exactly as the percentage shows. All item properties are just maths, you can see exactly how each affect each other on the details page.

Overall I believe it's too early to complain about class balance since most people are not even 60 yet, nevermind having two or more chars that they can compare as they play through inferno. I am sure there are problems (like the wizard's ability to not get hit for more than 5k health and instantly regenerating that - see the guy who soloed inferno diablo yesterday). Nevertheless, I believe that the posters I quoted have not played enough to comment objectively, or simply do not understand some mechanics. Same applies to a lot if not all posts in this thread:)
    Gems should have a different text color when they drop on the floor.
    Quote from ruksak

One word;

CHARMS

gib me charms. We need them added.
    Absolutely what i was thinking,we need more of a variety of items to farm,but i hope,and i think's its been said that if charms do come into the game they wont fill the inventory but have there own container,geef charms and jewel's now Mr Blizzard.

Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.

Quote from BenAlpha

Definately agree with this many times I have almost not noticed that a gem has dropped, also when my first legendary dropped I didn't notice it as it was almost white.
    Quote from BenAlpha

I miss its sound when they drops... :(
    Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

For starters, many a UI improvement -
    • ability to lock skill bars so you won't just accidentally drag skills away from them mid-fight (this one is even in WoW, like seriously -.-),

I'm sorry, but if your mouse pointer is anywhere near the action bar, you are doing something VERY wrong:)
    Quote from Zubacz

Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

• ability to lock skill bars so you won't just accidentally drag skills away from them mid-fight (this one is even in WoW, like seriously -.-),

I'm sorry, but if your mouse pointer is anywhere near the action bar, you are doing something VERY wrong:)

agree, how in the world you could drag skill away from A-bar.never happened for me in any game,even if I was new to that game
    Lol WD's with more survivability!? In my inferno party the WD and DH are doing just fine, just kite and shoot? I think all classes feels like they are weak atm but hey, it haven't been a week yet. You are supposed to farm gear and become better, not get patched better.

Anyways when someone link items in the chat there should be stats changes being shown as if you had it in your inventory. Some kind of clan support with a shared clan stash and chat.
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    • A buff to "legendary" items to make them less horrible, lots of them are legendarily bad.
    • More randomized content.
    • Make bosses more complex, not just hit harder but require more finesse to be beaten.
    • Remove a gem from a socket, destroy the gem. Less frequent gem drops, they drop overwhelmingly often.
    • Display remaining time (seconds) on buffs and such.
    • Bind on equip items.
    The list could go on for 1000 pages probably, but these are semi deal breakers for me.
    Yes I would like less gems, right now I don't even care about them cause I know I have whatever colour I need.

I would very much so also like 'bind on equip' items in the game (yes I know it isn't WoW) but using an item for a couple of days, then sell the same item feels weird .
    Leveling in this game with gear that pretty much removes anything called a challenge, is achieved simply with a few clicks on the auction house for barely any gold.

Edit: Make items bind on account*
    O_O
    Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

• second chat panel that doesn't get spammed with quest text and other gibberish,
    • ability to get rid of the 'NEW!' flashes in skill window,
    • ability to compare linked/AH items the same way you can compare the ones within your own inventory,
    • ability to compare rings/weapons with both equipped rings/MH and OH weapons.
    Also:
    • AH bugs like error 33122 and the like (wherein you try buying an item, but you get an error message while your gold is still taken anyway)
    • ability to bind move button as a toggle
    • ability to rebind game menu button so we could cancel dialogs/cut-scenes with some more convenient button
    • AI could use a fix so followers/minions don't happily run into all kinds of high-damage foe missiles but that'll probably take years to fix lol

-you can lock your bars again bu turning elective mode off (doesn't change your skills)
    -you can turn off quest chat in your chat by going to the options menu and looking around
    I agree with everything else
    There are too many to list.
    Quote from Sindromica

Quote from ruksak

One word;

CHARMS

gib me charms. We need them added.
    Absolutely what i was thinking,we need more of a variety of items to farm,but i hope,and i think's its been said that if charms do come into the game they wont fill the inventory but have there own container,geef charms and jewel's now Mr Blizzard.

It's coming, I'd bet my house on it. Jewels and charms will come soon.
    Quote from Farrokh_

Quote from BenAlpha

I miss its sound when they drops... :(

*PING

ahhh...good times!
    - The ability to repair items from the AH , aswell as repairing items in your stash so you don't have to move them all a couple times.
    - Less quiver drops.
    - Make Inferno harder so you can't solo it in less than a week of playing...
    - colors for gems and pages/tomes for the blacksmith
    - better legendaries

Quote from OnlineSlugen

Lol WD's with more survivability!? In my inferno party the WD and DH are doing just fine, just kite and shoot? I think all classes feels like they are weak atm but hey, it haven't been a week yet. You are supposed to farm gear and become better, not get patched better.

Anyways when someone link items in the chat there should be stats changes being shown as if you had it in your inventory. Some kind of clan support with a shared clan stash and chat.

Playing with a group in inferno is somewhat different to playing solo. When your pets die and they're your only line of defense you're screwed.
    Quote from Zubacz

Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

You could missclick while doing Barbarian Leap to the bottom of screen, when things are intense. But even as u state mouse shouldn't be around there, that's another reason to block it. I don't remember myself clicking the interface ever.
    Quote from SnowBro191

- The ability to repair items from the AH , aswell as repairing items in your stash so you don't have to move them all a couple times.
    - Less quiver drops.
    - Make Inferno harder so you can't solo it in less than a week of playing...

Gotta agree on the first two points but the last is utter bs. Inferno act 2 and onwards is really brutal if you don't use a broken spec like the world first guy had.
    "In this world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane!"
    - Homer (S)
    -Add more spirit spender damage attacks for the monk. period.
    -Add option to disable screen shakes (way of the hundred fists anyone?)
    -Add the d2 leveling sound back. The chaman rez-ing sound, the goatmen dying sound, gems sounds as well. Kick or make an option to disable useless talk and dialogues lines. Option to make the follower STFU.
    -Add option to skip cut scenes way faster.
    -Add secondary weapon set.
    -Make champions and rares' randomly generated names as funny as in d2.
    -Add more customisation to the skills (second runes? for added buff time, range, stack count etc?).
    -Add 20 levels, make hell and inferno difficulties meaningful. Improve latest difficulties AI. Increase champions numbers in a pack in inferno.
    -Add a new FREE act to apologize for all the fail. Make it long, without useless dialogues lines you have to listen to before gates open etc, without useless step quests, without lousy cheesy dialogues. Make it d2 style: explore and search for pieces of an old staff, assemble staff, explore tomb, find secret hidden passage, kill boss, win.
    -Fire the plot scenarist(s) for kerrigan 2.0, the useless SK arc, the poorly handled and told Belial plot twist, the badly introduced act 3, the meaningless ending, etc. Make the team look at d2 plot developments, cutscenes (ending cinematic before the add-on particulary) and story telling. GOD

to be continued...

edit:
    -ui improvement for buffs etc
    -add hell/inf bosses some abilities
    -way more randomized map (not the same map but with different doors open lol)
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes