What the future patch should contain

Diablo 3 is a very good game in my opinion, but the classes doesn't feel very well balanced, and i really have hope in blizzard, that they in the future patch will fix the classes to be more balanced.

For example:

Witch doctor really needs alot more survivability and the pets needs a big buff, maybe spirit walks cooldown could be a little less same for horrify and the dogs! It doesn't make any sense that the dogs have a 60 sec cooldown when they die in one hit on hell and inferno, the only slightly good thing about them, is that you can blow them up.

Monk is really overpowered, it can heal itself, tank, support others while dealing alot of damage itself, monk should be nerfed or even better all other classes should be buffed so that they can compete with monk in all/most of those categories.

Wizard..... Oh my god, wtf, it deals a ton of damage can get away in almost every situation, and that force armor skill holy shit, thats kinda op in my opinion, because that makes inferno and late hell more easy for the wizard then the other classes.

Feel free to discuss your opinions about the balancing if the classes or add some more ideas to the future patch so blizzard can see what needs to change.

Thanks.
    I actually agree. The Witch Doctor was my first class to 60 and I felt as the class is lacking slightly.

There were times in the game when my pets were fine and lasted for a long time but later in the acts or when going up to a new difficulty they started dying instantly. I'd really like to know specifically how pets scale with gear. I've actually stopped playing my Witch Doctor now because I don't want to start farming gear for him until I know exactly what I need.

There are also quite a lot of spells that I feel really don't suit the playstyle of a ranged class too. Maybe Witch Doctor just wasn't the right class for me to choose first.

In any case though, I started a Wizard last night, already up to level 35 on Nightmare and it absolutely DEMOLISHES everything with absolutely no effort at all and has incredible survivability. Time will tell I suppose, Nightmare is still quite easy so maybe I will run into similar issues when I get to hell.
    Bosses with more abilities (hardmodes). Does anyone remember WoW Ulduar hardmodes? Now those were fun bossfights.
    cant comment on classes just yet. got monk and demonhunter to 42 and 49 respectively only so far.

What I do want though is for bosses to drop a bit better loot the first time you kill them on all difficulties, not just on normal. Kinda silly to kill this massive boss in nightmare or hell for the first time, and his drops is worse than a barrel.
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    dont know about that. its how you play your class. im currently soloing act 4 inferno, never had another join my group before- done everything myself as a DH, i can tell you my healing & survivability is overpowered. yet i hear people bitching DH's are to squishy. i really think its a L2P issue here.
    Give me fully random generated maps, and I might bother level another character.

Probably shelfing the game after inferno. Just can't be assed to go through the exact same maps YET another time, sadly.
    It should contain PvP, thats all I'm waiting for.
    Yeah I think the lack of random maps is a real downfall to this game. The game is fun; but it's kinda monotonous to go thru the same map time and time again. It's funny that all the outdoor ones are nearly 90% static, save some tile replacements. What's also weird is that Torchlight 2 has completely random outdoor maps with events. Curious that Blizzard couldn't figure out how to handle that?

Overall the game is awesome; but it has a serious hand-holding problem (go here, come back here, get over here, do this, do that) and I kinda wish it'd just leave me alone sometimes.

I think one of the things I really dislike most is Diablo taunting you while in Act 4. It really diminishes him as a foe and turns him into just another bad guy. Azmodan does this too, but he's a minor player, really. I never felt like Diablo was much of a talker. Guess it's the woman in him. :P

Also, Azmodan's/Diablo's taunting is so silly. "Oh! You broke (X), I didn't need it anyways!" or "Oh! You killed (Y). Didn't like him anyways!" Like bad Bond villains or something.

You can also tell the game was stuck in development hell for a long time; and went thru a lot of internal playthroughs. Some events are -obviously- meant to come in from one direction, but if you in through the backdoor, the spawns are not placed correctly. IE If you go in "correctly" melee spawn in front, range in back. But if you go an alternate way, range spawn up front. Melee have to run to you. Act 1 does this more often than other Acts. Skyrim had this issue. QC'ers would play the game as intended, this when "real people" got it, lots of funny stuff came out like buckets on head for stealing, etc.

When a game, overall, is so good though. It's easy to see where things fall off a little.
    the chat panel, there is no real id or tags id chat. there should be as u have to shisper people individualy or party, its makes no sense
    One word;

CHARMS

gib me charms. We need them added.
    Quote from garnok

cant comment on classes just yet. got monk and demonhunter to 42 and 49 respectively only so far.

What I do want though is for bosses to drop a bit better loot the first time you kill them on all difficulties, not just on normal. Kinda silly to kill this massive boss in nightmare or hell for the first time, and his drops is worse than a barrel.

I was thinking that If I could skip all bosses except Diablo until I reach Inferno. Bosses Drop good loot only in first time, so in Inferno that would mean many shiny things right?
    I think it's hard to talk about balance yet since a lot is about your gear.
    For example I feel that Monk is extremly underpowered since I can't stand against rare packs in inferno, which is most likely because my gear sucks. The people I play with have no problems farming inferno since plenty of gear they can use drops, but I'm the only one who still has shitty gear. So, is Monk underpowered? Most likely not.

There's a couple of things that are somewhat 'overpowered' though in a sense that you can easily abuse them.
    I'm not sure a patch can fix all the problems I've seen so far. But here is what I think needs to change in order to make replayability possible.

- Items have no structure, blues/yellows/legendaries all feel the same. If a yellow drops, I don't feel excited like I used to, because there is a high chance that my blue is better anyway. As a result, MFing is downright boring.
    - Traveling between acts should be as easy as D2. Having to make a new game just to play a different part of the game that I've already beaten 100x before is stupid. No, I don't want to listen to dialogue and quest cinematics every single time I play.
    - Crafting is useless, you can never craft anything of high enough level to be useful. When you can, you've already gotten better items anyway.
    - Auction house makes gold the only real thing worth finding. Why bother doing anything other than gold find runs? The auction house is the only place you can find the items you really want.
    - Difficulty is too inconsistent, one minute it's easy easy easy the next minute it's impossible. Either make every monster a challenge or don't.
    - Stat mods are way too strong. Currently, any item that provides a huge boost to stats is crazy strong while any other mod is way too weak. Not to mention goldfind and magicfind mods make little to no difference in what you find.
    Quote from Ryude

I'm not sure a patch can fix all the problems I've seen so far. But here is what I think needs to change in order to make replayability possible.

- Items have no structure, blues/yellows/legendaries all feel the same. If a yellow drops, I don't feel excited like I used to, because there is a high chance that my blue is better anyway. As a result, MFing is downright boring.
    - Traveling between acts should be as easy as D2. Having to make a new game just to play a different part of the game that I've already beaten 100x before is stupid. No, I don't want to listen to dialogue and quest cinematics every single time I play.
    - Crafting is useless, you can never craft anything of high enough level to be useful. When you can, you've already gotten better items anyway.
    - Auction house makes gold the only real thing worth finding. Why bother doing anything other than gold find runs? The auction house is the only place you can find the items you really want.
    - Difficulty is too inconsistent, one minute it's easy easy easy the next minute it's impossible. Either make every monster a challenge or don't.
    - Stat mods are way too strong. Currently, any item that provides a huge boost to stats is crazy strong while any other mod is way too weak. Not to mention goldfind and magicfind mods make little to no difference in what you find.

I could not have said it better! I rly think big problem atm are the itemization! Legendary feels like crap, rares are much better and even some "perfect" magic are way better then everything else.
    Crafting is totally crap noting more to say (maybe as high end items are ok...).
    Difficulty is ok but not consistent with the gear lvl you get from previous difficulty.

Also... Barbs.... my god... a tank? no thank you. Do something about that.

BerserkPT#2797

custom chat channel where you can chat with your friends and not just /w one at a time and it gets all messed up
    Let's think...

For starters, many a UI improvement -
    • ability to lock skill bars so you won't just accidentally drag skills away from them mid-fight (this one is even in WoW, like seriously -.-),
    • second chat panel that doesn't get spammed with quest text and other gibberish,
    • ability to get rid of the 'NEW!' flashes in skill window,
    • ability to compare linked/AH items the same way you can compare the ones within your own inventory,
    • ability to compare rings/weapons with both equipped rings/MH and OH weapons.
    Also:
    • AH bugs like error 33122 and the like (wherein you try buying an item, but you get an error message while your gold is still taken anyway)
    • ability to bind move button as a toggle
    • ability to rebind game menu button so we could cancel dialogs/cut-scenes with some more convenient button
    • AI could use a fix so followers/minions don't happily run into all kinds of high-damage foe missiles but that'll probably take years to fix lol
    Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

• ability to lock skill bars so you won't just accidentally drag skills away from them mid-fight (this one is even in WoW, like seriously -.-),
    • second chat panel that doesn't get spammed with quest text and other gibberish,
    • ability to compare linked/AH items the same way you can compare the ones within your own inventory,
    Also:
    • AH bugs like error 33122 and the like (wherein you try buying an item, but you get an error message while your gold is still taken anyway)
    • ability to rebind game menu button so we could cancel dialogs/cut-scenes with some more convenient button
    • AI could use a fix so followers/minions don't happily run into all kinds of high-damage foe missiles but that'll probably take years to fix lol

- ability to compare rings/weapons with both equipped rings/MH and OH weapons.
    This you can do it but pressing either ALT or CTRL dont remember and game is down so i cant check it xD

BerserkPT#2797

Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

Also:

How do you accidently drag skills away from your action bar? Are you using your mouse to click on them?? You have 6 abilities. Its not like WoW, where you have a million different abilities etc.
    Quote from dyrebar

How do you accidently drag skills away from your action bar? Are you using your mouse to click on them?? You have 6 abilities. Its not like WoW, where you have a million different abilities etc.

... clicking in wow is kind of bad u kno
    Quote from dyrebar

Quote from lorens91

Let's think...

Also:

I'm using an extremely sensitive mouse which is not a problem most of the time, but my right hand can be shaky at times and that's when such things happen - I try to dart a mob, poof, I dragged Soul Harvest outta skillbar :facepalm:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes