About Starter edition...

Hello dear Diablofans! :)

It´s about 1 hour until EU release and I can say I´ve never been this excited before! :D

My story: I ordered physical copy of D3, but unfortunately it hasnt arrived yet. It should arrive here by tomorrow (sad me :( ).

I was just thinking If I could play with starter edition at first and then upgrade to full version tomorrow?
    I know upgrade is possible, BUT can I keep my precious characters? Starter Edition is marked on my battle-net account, but the region is Americas even though Im from EU. And if the characters do transfer, I would like to play them in my own region. So, any help?

EDIT: typos
    YES you can upgrade and YES you get to keep your characters :)
    Quote from Jinchuuriki

Oh man, awesome. Can I ask that if you have Starter Edition, what is the region you have? Are they all Americas?
    On the same boat here,.. would like to clear this up

Quote from Jinchuuriki

Lovely :D

Its showing the US region as-well, now if that's answered i can stop trippin'
    Set your region to Europe and just try to login at 0:01.RMAH is based on your "Country of residence" so if you are able to log in,you will be fine,as for your characters,you can continue from where you left off
    They already said that starter editions won't be available until 30 days after launch.
    Sounds logical, otherwise, servers would be killed by millions of people who wanna play for free.
    Quote from Stephan_Sophie

They already said that starter editions won't be available until 30 days after launch.
    Sounds logical, otherwise, servers would be killed by millions of people who wanna play for free.

This is true,however, my former closed beta account was flagged for Starter Edition automatically(it's under my games).
    When I look at my battle net account and Diablo 3: Starter Edition it says Region: Americas and cannot change that. My Country is set to Finland.
    Quote from warcat

This is true,however, my former closed beta account was flagged for Starter Edition automatically(it's under my games).

Same here.
    Well 50 minutes to go and we'll see if it works.
    Quote from KalikooJack

When I look at my battle net account and Diablo 3: Starter Edition it says Region: Americas and cannot change that. My Country is set to Finland.

You gotta change the region ingame from the options menu. Click Options -> Account -> Region.
    Quote from warcat

Same here, my brothers account did not have closed beta access, and he cant see the starter edition.
    Quote from Zentaihentai

Quote from warcat

Same here.

That's a bug, from closed beta. Bashiok commented it on twitter last day. Anyways, if u ever could play, it would be for sure on US server, not on EU, since ur d3 beta acc doesn't exists on it.

Quote from Zentaihentai

Quote from warcat

Same here.

That's a bug, from closed beta. Bashiok commented it on twitter last day. Anyways, if u ever could play, it would be for sure on US server, not on EU, since ur d3 beta acc doesn't exists on it.

Link?
    Quote from Zentaihentai

Quote from KalikooJack

You gotta change the region ingame from the options menu. Click Options -> Account -> Region.

Yeah, I have done that. I´m just confused that Battle net account says its region is Americas. Hope it will work. :)

Quote from Zentaihentai

Quote from warcat

Same here.

http://www.ubergizmo...pass-announced/

it says starter edition is free fro everyone after 30 days. If you had Beta key or you can acquire quest key(?) you can start playing immidiately.
    I was in closed beta and got no starter edition on my account.
    Quote from Aldon

I was and got the starter edition attached to the battlenet account. However, since some have it and some dont, it does appear to be a bug i presume. A link would be nice if someone could submit one regarding this issue.
    Quote from Zentaihentai

Quote from Aldon

I was and got the starter edition attached to the battlenet account. However, since some have it and some dont, it does appear to be a bug i presume. A link would be nice if someone could submit one regarding this issue.

A link would indeed be nice, but i guess we will find out in 4 mins!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes