Are we not seeing all of Act 1?

So I wondered if the current version of Act 1 found in the beta is the same version that's going to be in the full game?

The reason why I wonder is that I stumbled upon this: http://www.d3sanc.com/news/major-diablo-3-storyline-spoilers-bosses/

Now I've seen the cain rescue event and the king leoric event in the beta, but not the butcher and tyrael?

The picture is from november 2011, in case you wonder, so it shouldn't be totally outdated.

Also here's some boss icons: http://www.d3sanc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Diablo-3-Act-Bosses.png

I also heard rumors long time ago that the butcher would make his return in Diablo III (yay!)

but at the same time Blizzard said that beta would include all of act 1? I'm confused!
    they never said beta would include all of act 1. Its just the very start of act 1. 1/4th tops
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    The current beta is only 1/4 of Act 1, they probably even removed some of the really gorey stuff, so they could make an E-rating, because they don't know who is gonna get a random invite.

I just remember being at Blizzcon and playing the DH through the current beta back in 2010, and there was one scene where the lady was sucked into a celler and blood gushed out, thats currently not in the beta.

Don't you worry, Diablo 3 will be spectacular.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

Hm, wasn't it 1/3rd of Act 1? I've always thought...
    But anyway, yeah. We've only seen a portion of the first Act. If you notice almost all screenshots and video from waaay back in 2008 and 2009 - it's still Act 1, just during the day - so it's different portions of Act 1. And there's ton of content in it from what I remember from the videos.

Oh I just can't wait to experience daylight in Diablo. I just think the engine is kinda built to make it look beautiful and all I've seen ingame so far is night time. Kinda sad.

Can't hold it much longer. :
    Oh good! It felt so short when I played it as well, so I just couldn't comprehend that it would be all of it :-D
    Yup. Just like DII had multiple bosses per Act all leading up to the main boss, so will DIII. The Skeleton King is only one of a group of Act I boss encounters.
    Quote from overneathe

Hm, wasn't it 1/3rd of Act 1? I've always thought...
    But anyway, yeah. We've only seen a portion of the first Act. If you notice almost all screenshots and video from waaay back in 2008 and 2009 - it's still Act 1, just during the day - so it's different portions of Act 1. And there's ton of content in it from what I remember from the videos.

Oh I just can't wait to experience daylight in Diablo. I just think the engine is kinda built to make it look beautiful and all I've seen ingame so far is night time. Kinda sad.

Can't hold it much longer. :

I only say 1/4 because there is supposedly 4 bosses in Act 1, there might be less, there might be more, only May 15th will answer that for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLaxZcFCFw&feature=plcp&context=C41fc671VDvjVQa1PpcFN04UZygp_Y4ieYGen_zHrExl-l3Au4gQQ=
    Force was talking about beta being 1/3 of the first act.

skip to 4:10 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

And remember that force was invited to blizz HQ for conference and might have "slipped" this info out in the video.
    Like a few have pointed out, some stuff have probably been removed because of the rating factor and the beta is roughly(give or take) 30% of act 1.
    Quote from Aerisot

The current beta is only 1/4 of Act 1, they probably even removed some of the really gorey stuff, so they could make an E-rating, because they don't know who is gonna get a random invite.

I just remember being at Blizzcon and playing the DH through the current beta back in 2010, and there was one scene where the lady was sucked into a celler and blood gushed out, thats currently not in the beta.

congrats on becoming a mod buddy :)
    Quote from FreddyBenson

Quote from Aerisot

congrats on becoming a mod buddy :)

I was quite shocked myself.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes