Overwhelmed by waiting for release

So, yeah, this is sad - for me too, really. I am big fan of Diablo series and when first info of the game appear i was very excited. "Very" is small word - should be very, very, very excited, i thought i burn from it. And over these years i thought i will buy game in the release date. But few weeks ago or maybe even months i started to being more and more tired of waiting. And now i feel that all excitement go away. I am sure that on release date game wont be in my hands, just because i feel bored of this all. Some time after release i am sure i will buy game, hoping excitement will back.
    I think if game go out a year ago without auction house an then AC will be patched into game it could be better for all.

I write this, because i am curious, do you feel the same or something similar.
    nope just excited and patiently waiting is all, gonna kick it with others at midnight release, the reason i have not burned out is because i dont look at all the spoilers or images or tidbits about the games content, cant wait for it..... :Thumbs Up:
    -U.S ARMY VETERAN-
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaa.... no.
    You may not realise it, but you're still plenty engaged enough with the game to post on the forum of a fansite dedicated solely to it. Whatever you need to tell yourself to make the wait less painfull is of course a different matter =)

The jitters are sure to return when the release date actually gets close. Perhaps even when the release date is announced! ^^
    For me personally, I have a privilege of being in the beta. Therefore, I keeps my enthusiasm up when I feel that i am getting bored of the waiting. Though, it is very rigid for me to get bored of anything if any. For me, I try to keep my excitement for something to a minimum so I don't get burn out.
    If it works for you to tell yourself that, it's fine. But I don't believe that you will wait a couple days to buy the game. You will play it the day it is available, like many of us do.

Best setup ever!
    Ive felt the same way over the past year .. Kinda phase in and out of being very excited, to whatever, I'll get in when its released.

Probably just a phase like that, im sure when the release date is officially announced and we move closer to it, that spark will reappear and you'll be dying to play. I know I will !! :tyrael:

Lv01 Witch Doctor --> 11:30am EST - May 15, 2012
    Lv60 Witch Doctor --> 12:52pm EST - May 22, 2012
    Well actually i agree with marcin in the fact that the wait is burning big fans of diablo slowly but tbh its just he way u think about the game chill out if u get rage about the release date its just u fell for blizzards marketing which is good for some cases but its kinda punishing atm for old breed fans

Either way i think that me not being in the beta also helps me aniticipate the game more cause then the momment i create a char and login will truly be epic ( even trying to delete from my mind the videos i saw from beta act1).
    Chill out. When the release date comes out all the excitment will come back, you will see.
    I've been waiting for a beta ever since they announced D3 going into beta, i've signed up for several fansites, opt-ins etc and never got a chance to win a key. A few weeks ago my friend go the beta, and told me he could lend it to me for a few hours. I played for about 20min before feeling bored, and im still not sure why I felt like that.
    Jay Wilson said that people dont mind waiting because when the game is finally released people will have forgotten about all this, but I disagree. I felt no enjoyement playing the beta, and im not sure if its because the whole waiting has made me bored with the game, or the fact that it was a "rented" playtime.
    I will buy the game at launch, and I hope from there I will get enjoyement from the game, because as of now, I dont.
    Quote from MarcinX

So, yeah, this is sad - for me too, really. I am big fan of Diablo series and when first info of the game appear i was very excited. "Very" is small word - should be very, very, very excited, i thought i burn from it. And over these years i thought i will buy game in the release date. But few weeks ago or maybe even months i started to being more and more tired of waiting. And now i feel that all excitement go away. I am sure that on release date game wont be in my hands, just because i feel bored of this all.....

*ping ping pinggg* Queue the violin players and cry us a river, build a bridge and get the fuck over it. You're bored of waiting for a video game? Seriously? So don't buy it, no one here cares.
    Quote from Highlander

Quote from MarcinX

So, yeah, this is sad - for me too, really. I am big fan of Diablo series and when first info of the game appear i was very excited. "Very" is small word - should be very, very, very excited, i thought i burn from it. And over these years i thought i will buy game in the release date. But few weeks ago or maybe even months i started to being more and more tired of waiting. And now i feel that all excitement go away. I am sure that on release date game wont be in my hands, just because i feel bored of this all.....

*ping ping pinggg* Queue the violin players and cry us a river, build a bridge and get the fuck over it. You're bored of waiting for a video game? Seriously? So don't buy it, no one here cares.

Then why post? Are you that craving for attention?
    If you dont care, dont post.
    Ask the OP the same question. Why is he here if he's bored and doesn't care about the game?
    I've been playing D2 on and off in the last couple of months (no beta for me)

I've been messing around with a low lvl pally and chopping your way out of a pack of mobs with zeal: still sooo much fun. The running around trying to find mobs to kill, waypoints etc not so much.

I extrapolate from this that as long as they learned from their mistakes in D2 and refined the experience in D3, I can't see how it will fail to entertain me.... Will be getting it on release!
    Quote from Highlander

Ask the OP the same question. Why is he here if he's bored and doesn't care about the game?

Please read with understanding - As i mention, I am fan of Diablo and read this forum for few years now so this is kind of habit. But in some moment my excitement peaked and now, maybe for short time i hope i am burned up / bored. Sad is that i remember all this excitment but its not in me now. Jeez almost psychoanalysis :P If i could have game in my hands now i dont know how i react. In D2, when I get it, i played 3 days in a row only sleeping, eating and making pchysiological needs... earlier i expected the same from D3. Now its just different.
    At times like these it's best to sit back and just do something else for awhile. I flooded myself in D3 information ever since its announcement at Blizzcon. I watched as many playthroughs and read all the news I could. After awhile I got a little tired of it since news was slowing down and beta footage all started looking the same (it is just a small part of the content).

I stopped watching so much and only checked Diablofans maybe once a day for some quick news if a release was near. Finally I got my beta invite on Feb 1st. I wasn't super excited as I thought I would be, but that was because I had already seen almost everything I needed to see. I still installed it and gave it a shot, I wanted to know how it FELT to play it instead of just watching.

Instantly I was taken back to the D2 days and I found myself mesmerized by how familiar it all was. It was like greeting an old friend I hadn't talked to in years. I knew then and there I needed more and wanted the full game to come out, my excitement was renewed. I even started my video recording and commentary because of it.

The point of my story is this... If you burn yourself out on waiting and don't do something else in the meantime, you will eventually get this feeling of apathy. It's good to be excited for the game, but you can't just wait for it and not focus on anything else. When it does come out, you might think you won't care as much, but once you finally play it, you will probably remember why you were so excited in the first place. That excitement comes back once you realize all that waiting is finally over.

Your old friend Diablo will be there waiting for you. You will recognize him instantly, know how familiar he is, and will enjoy learning how he's grown over the years. Best of all, your old friend will soon(™) be here in about 1 to 3 months. Don't give up, but don't obsess. That is basically all I could suggest. :)
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Release date feels like it's going to be announced soon. There's little hints of it being dropped by Jay all of the time.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes