Name In Game!

Hello there people! I know that there might be post's like this one. But I couldn't find one on Diablo Fans.

Since the names in Diablo III isn't going to personal, "You can't steal other's name" I think this forum will be fun for you all!

Blizzard thinks that the ability to name your character anything you want (barring restricted words, of course) even if someone else picked it is just a more positive experience for the user. You want your barbarian named Baba? Cool, have fun playing the game.

So I just wonder, what class will you play, and what name to that character will you use?
    If there is a reason why you choses that name, be sure to write it too.

I'll go for a Wizard called "WoNeY"
    Because that's the name that I used since I was like 10 years old, to all games.

Questions and Answers:

Q: What is the use for battletags when you have a character name?
    A: Well, since the character-name isn't individual, there might be more people who will name their chatacter "Master". So to
    differentiate the names from characters they will use the idea of BattleTags.

Q: Can I name my character to anything?
    A: That is not possible, there is some restricted words and names, such as Nigger, Whiteman, Blowjobb,Tittylick, ect. So be sure to check out
    http://www.diablowik...Character_Names , for what to not name your character.

Q: Why would you make a game with no personal names?
    A: The Diablo III team is looking for a good way to make this game as personal as it can get, so you feel the freedom to play your own character with your personal style and name.

Q: Famous "More populare" gamers such as Athene & Force for example, how do I know when I'm against the real Athene & Force in PvP?
    A: Well, there is BattleTags to seperate them from the others. I assume that there will be more then one or two, who will name their character Athene or Force.
    So when you have an Athene in your group, don't be suprised that it's not the real one.
    ;) I have not seen a similar post that I remember either...

Im going with a female wizard called Moiraine (a caster from a line of books called the wheel of time). Secondary will be a WD named Halaster - the name of a mentally "disturbed" wizard from Forgotten Realms (d&d) and also the name of my main char in Wow (back when I played it).

Looking forward to seeing what people respond here :)
    Demon Hunter named either Velisel, or Vadoxx.

Velisel was my main character in WoW and has become my favorite name. Vadoxx was the name of my Hunter in WoW, and and become assossiated with bows for me.

back in D2, i used to hav cool names for my characters.... had a whirlwind assassin named Cannibal, and a orb sorc named Pariah. but with the loss of unique names, i think ill switch to naming my characters actual names to make them more.... unique?
    I'm going to make a male witch doctor called Xela. It's my first name backwards :D Im so creative.. I know!

Im considering taking a name that has something to do with poison.. since im going mainly poison spells. Just havn't found a fitting name.. so for now it'll be Xela!
    since names are no longer unique in D3 i no longer care to be honest, im just going to name all of my characters my real name. because im boring like that and ill be playing solo 99% of the time anyways. and when someone in-game wants to get my attention its my real name so its easier, sometimes in WOW i would forget my chars name and someone would be trying to get my attention and id be like oh shit thats me, lawl

and all male chars cuz only weirdo guys make girl chars
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    male barb... no name yet...
    female monk ~ Quisari main name allmost everywhere
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

since names are no longer unique in D3 i no longer care to be honest, im just going to name all of my characters my real name. because im boring like that and ill be playing solo 99% of the time anyways. and when someone in-game wants to get my attention its my real name so its easier, sometimes in WOW i would forget my chars name and someone would be trying to get my attention and id be like oh shit thats me, lawl

Unique on account basis though - so only one character named after yourself ;)
    Quote from Aragon42

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

link to where it says only one specific name per account? i was under the impression i could name all my chars the same thing. considering i have all 5 classes in the beta right now with the same name ;)
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Inc 10 million kids who think having a name meaning dragon or fire or some shit in japenese is original and cool.
    Witch Doctor Inferno Soloing - Pre 1.0.3
    http://www.diablofan...inferno-videos/
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Aragon42

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

link to where it says only one specific name per account? i was under the impression i could name all my chars the same thing. considering i have all 5 classes in the beta right now with the same name ;)

Was thinking of this link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3082209800?page=2

Though there is nothing about limiting it to different names per account. I dont know how I got that into my head (maybe sc2 naming?).
    Anyways if it is possible with multiple chars with the same name - then I see no reason why it should not be possible at release ;)

I would know this stuff if I had beta **** it ;)
    A monk named Designation.
    Don't know whitch char (don't have beta) still not decided my prime D3 class
    Yufa, Yufka - from Final Fantasy
    Tao, Taogunka - boss from Ragnarok MMORPG
    Bald, Baldi, Baldicek - my Ragnarok char name was Bald eagle (hunter with white headed eagle pet)
    Use that names in wow.
    Female Wizard named Larissa and a female Demon Hunter named Shalynn to start with.

Check out my Youtube channel: RetroGameClips
    I'm one of the weirdos guys GladHeHasBeta was talking about ;)

My first char will be a female Monk named Hana.

The thing with Monk names is that they are a mixture of Asian martial arts and Christian Orthodox religion (thats at least what the devs told us during BlizzCon2009) <_

Its the czech version of the name Hannah (thats the original Hebrew version... the German version would be Hanna) but it also has diffrent meanings in Asian languages, it means flower in Japanese and "one" in Korean.
    A lot of my characters in the Beta share the same name. I wish they would have exclusive names. I think it kinda takes away from the whole naming process because you tend to care less since someone could just copy you.
    BattleTag: Chooby#1782
    PvP-Player
    Demon Hunter Main
    Quote from The_Choob

A lot of my characters in the Beta share the same name. I wish they would have exclusive names. I think it kinda takes away from the whole naming process because you tend to care less since someone could just copy you.

yeah thats why i dont feel special IRL because there are ppl with the same name out there this life is just not worth living....
    /sarcasm

i dunno what my first chars name will be ill decide this like i always do open a random book from my shelf and pick the first name from the page :)
    Quote from Xago

Inc 10 million kids who think having a name meaning dragon or fire or some shit in japenese is original and cool.

Typical snarky Canadian
    first char either monk or barbarian: name will probably be Searinox.
    Got the name from WC3. Was the name of the leader of the black dragons from a side quest
    Male barbarian named Wulfgar and a female wizard called Viconia or a male wizard called Ignus. I'm a huge Forgotten Realms fan... :)
    Male Wizard: Zarwo, have used that name since childhood Roleplaying.

Male DH: Zavion, a name I came up with for my Dwarf Hunter in WoW while I was playing it for a short while.

Male Barbarian: Belandros, a name I also have used since forever.

Male WD: Zanbar, as in the famous Zanbar Bone (necromancer).... or maybe not so famous ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes