Run duration

Hi,
    As in normal we'll kill things pretty fast and in inferno we'll struggle at every pack of mobs so it seems, my question is fairly simple :
    How long would an average full run (not fastest) take for each difficulty level ?
    normal -> 4h ?
    nightmare -> 8h ?
    hell -> 16h ?
    inferno -> 32h ?

These are fake number as I have pretty much no idea.
    What will it depend on (stuff aside) ?

Thanks
    It will take approximatly twice as long as reading from the necronomicron.
    You may be laughing at me because i'm different,
    but i'm laughing at you because you're all the same.
    Quote from Gryzorz

Hi,
    As in normal we'll kill things pretty fast and in inferno we'll struggle at every pack of mobs so it seems, my question is fairly simple :
    How long would an average full run (not fastest) take for each difficulty level ?
    normal -> 4h ?
    nightmare -> 8h ?
    hell -> 16h ?
    inferno -> 32h ?

These are fake number as I have pretty much no idea.
    What will it depend on (stuff aside) ?

Thanks

No one here, outside of Blizzard, can answer those questions. We'll find out when we play the game.
    Blizz did state is will be roughly the same as D2, but of course play-styles differs, there's no real way to know.
    i think beta takes 40-50 minutes (1/3 act one) soo it gives about 2.5 hours for act 1 normal alone

Official Blizzard Quote:

mmmmmyyy precious!
    - Jay Wilson
    It depends on how much of a challenge you want too imho. People who don't level, don't complete any sidequests, and don't try to get better loot when they're not getting good drops for their character might skim through content faster, but they're probably have a tough time at some parts of the game (I believe even at normal).

If you're a completionist like me, 1 difficulty that would last 8 hours for a non-completionist would give me 30 hours of fun =]

Batman Arkham City is proof of that. Took me about 30 hours to achieve 100%, but if you rush through the main story line it's probably a 6-8 hour adventure.
    For some reason, I thought you meant stamina. Like in Diablo 2 running so long until you have to walk...

And I was like "I don't think thats in Diablo 3..."
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"
    I dont understand the desire to rush through a game that has spent so much time developing graphics, a lore sotryline, and game play. Slow down, enjoy the story lines, smell the rotting flesh in the air.

I will be always be looking towards the final goal in D3, but I certainly wont be rushing to get "winz" the game.
    Quote from SmokinLoon

I dont understand the desire to rush through a game that has spent so much time developing graphics, a lore sotryline, and game play. Slow down, enjoy the story lines, smell the rotting flesh in the air.

I will be always be looking towards the final goal in D3, but I certainly wont be rushing to get "winz" the game.

Some want to be the first to finish the game ever. The 6-year-project-named-Diablo 3-who-you've-been-anxiously-waiting-for-and-QQing-about-for-2-years-just-to-finish-the-game-in-the-fastest-possible-time is not worth it. It's probably fine, but only if you will play the game afterwards like a normal person who'll appreciate it, but also not really worth doin it like this, you only have one chance to play a game for the first time and wasting that to rush is shitty!

Just my take on the matter. :Thumbs Up:
    I will take a unknown amount of hours once i want my first play though to be hardcore (I might die and have to restart it). I will ask my brother to finish the game for me in my account to unlock it.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes