is it just me or this is getting more like bad joke?

If they don't have a release date in the next 3 or 4 weeks I'll probably cancel my pre-order. If they can't buckle down and crunch, and work extra hours (which I know Blizzard does), and finish the game in the next 3 or 4 weeks they don't deserve my cash.

Do you really think your threats will make Blizzard release the game earlier ?
    I laughed so hard.
    Thanks
    I finally got my first taste of beta last night, thanks to a friend. I loved every second of playing, and it definitely fuels the desire to see the game out ASAP. It seems apparent that they are trimming the fat on the game to give people that highly anticipated release date, but I don't feel like I've missed out from all the prior changes. I do not think they are going backwards.

I was like a kid in a candy store, but I can see people getting burned out for 5 months of the same 90-minute content. I cannot wait for the finished product!

If they don't have a release date in the next 3 or 4 weeks I'll probably cancel my pre-order. If they can't buckle down and crunch, and work extra hours (which I know Blizzard does), and finish the game in the next 3 or 4 weeks they don't deserve my cash.

I laughed so hard.
    Thanks

What I said wasn't intended for comedy.

I literally mean I won't purchase the game. I don't have time to focus on playing a game much longer than March. If I knew the game was coming out, I could schedule some time off, etc. But during Summer I won't have the time to even make it to the game store, I will be working two jobs and the only time I will have is breaks at home and sleeping.
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"

I laughed so hard.
    Thanks

Yes, I also laughed out loud at the idle threats coming from the whiners and crybabies over a videogame. Seriously, do you think Blizzard actually worries whether you buy the game or not? If you've played D1 and/or 2, you KNOW you're going to buy D3. Threatening them over a release date is just immature, petty, and a waste of time. You'd swear we were dealing with kids from grade 2 or 3 by reading some of these types of posts. Get over yourselves, already.

I finally got my first taste of beta last night, thanks to a friend. I loved every second of playing, and it definitely fuels the desire to see the game out ASAP. It seems apparent that they are trimming the fat on the game to give people that highly anticipated release date, but I don't feel like I've missed out from all the prior changes. I do not think they are going backwards.

I was like a kid in a candy store, but I can see people getting burned out for 5 months of the same 90-minute content. I cannot wait for the finished product!

Congrats on getting into the beta..but ummm, trimming the fat? It's called game development, putting content in, seeing how it works with the game dynamics, altering it, or removing it depending on in-house response to the additions/changes. It's how games are made.

Congrats on getting into the beta..but ummm, trimming the fat? It's called game development, putting content in, seeing how it works with the game dynamics, altering it, or removing it depending on in-house response to the additions/changes. It's how games are made.

Why don't you take a few deep breaths and step down from Blizzard's side for a moment and sort out your priorities. You seem really angry for no apparent reason. People have differing opinions on why Blizzard is doing what they're doing. The problems are, this kind of "fat trimming" shouldn't be being made when the games supposed to be released around this time. It's not natural in game development whatsoever. Typically, this far into development, nothing is even touched in other games.
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"

Why don't you take a few deep breaths and step down from Blizzard's side for a moment and sort out your priorities. You seem really angry for no apparent reason. People have differing opinions on why Blizzard is doing what they're doing. The problems are, this kind of "fat trimming" shouldn't be being made when the games supposed to be released around this time. It's not natural in game development whatsoever. Typically, this far into development, nothing is even touched in other games.

No, not angry at all, just stating the facts that some people can't seem to grasp the amount of work that goes into a game. Until Blizz lets us know of a release date (and even perhaps beyond that given date) the game IS STILL in development. And who said the game is supposed to be released around this time? Blizzard hasn't said that, other than "early 2012". This is D3, it is not 'other games' - What other companies do in their development is their business. So, we wait for the game to be finished and Blizz will let us know of a release date. That seems pretty simple to me.

you mean the 90 minute content on the beta (limited lvl)

cos i got a fright cos i assumed you meant when the game is live?
    In regards to the OP, here is a post I made on the BNet forums earlier today:

Its a lot like writing a paper for school or work actually. You sit down and write. When you're done, you go back and refine what you have. I can't even begin to remember how often I went back and took entire paragraphs out of my writing and ended up with a decent piece.

Just because you can't comprehend why something gets scrapped doesn't make the game easier or worse. Sometimes you just have to go back and remove redundant, unnecessary, or off-point content. Its a refining process, and you can't start improving a paper unless you already have a rough draft done. I dare anyone to say they consistently skipped the rough draft and refining process for college grade writing and got away with exceptional grades. Its their piece of work, and you guys are going to be the first to complain when D3 isn't A+ material.

And the teacher giving you a deadline analogy is faulty. We're not Blizzard's teacher, which was exactly what you were implying.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.

you mean the 90 minute content on the beta (limited lvl)

cos i got a fright cos i assumed you meant when the game is live?

Yeah, just talking about the beta content.

@Highlander - You must have been working out this morning, and you're just releasing some testosterone. When I talk about trimming the fat, I'm talking about worthless shit like companion scrolls, so relax. I think the game is great the way it is, from the small glimpse of beta.

@Highlander - You must have been working out this morning, and you're just releasing some testosterone. When I talk about trimming the fat, I'm talking about worthless shit like companion scrolls, so relax. I think the game is great the way it is, from the small glimpse of beta.

Cool beans Doez
    I like pie... Off topic mm k.

Most of the negativity is from many new posters what do you expect? People want D3 and have nothing better to do, so instead of going to the blizz forums they come here.

Bad joke, how so? I can't tell you the game isn't released yet. What would people do without instant information sharing these days... waiting for video games was more of a surprise now it seems to be a chore, poor young people.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.

okay, i am a bit of frustrated, not by the fact that they are keep pushing it back but the changes they keep making. I mean wtf!? beta should be testing, yes! bug fixing, yes, polishing the game to push it till release. but changing the entire system? shouldnt they be doing that before the beta? or internal alpha? Does blizzard lack of capable programmers or designers since the original diablo team left for Torchlight?

Just look at all the latest changes, removing MAJOR components of the game, such as artisan, which probably changing story lines. and the changes to demon hunter. Can they not think of that before even start building the game?

It is waaaay beyond polishing! I know blizzard is rich and all that, but this is just lame! Can you imagine, you have an assignment at school, which might not be perfect, but you tell your teacher that in order to make it "perfect" you want to change everything, and delay your deadline? will your teacher appreciate that? I dont think so. This means that as a company, that they dont know what they are doing, they lack of directory.

Maybe they end result will not be bad for a game, but i doubt if it will keep up with previous blizzard standards! I dont know any statistic, but as far as i can tell, SCII was not as successful as SC1. not even WC3.

Blizzard made a killing with WOW, and they are slacking with its "single" player games. for a tech company, if they cannot triumph their own, or lack of innovation, is the beginning of their downfall!

You comparison doesn't suit this situation. A student's teacher is their boss. If they are given a deadline then they HAVE to meet it (unless you have a nice teacher that will extend it a little). Blizzard is their own boss in a sense. They don't have a date they HAVE to make. They have a time frame and as far as we know, they are still on it.

I digress, your comparison would be saying that Blizzard is the student and we are the teacher. In real life this is definitely not the case. Blizzard owes us nothing and more importantly, we are not their boss. They can take as much time as they want and still know they will sell many copies, regardless of how long it takes them to get it out.
    Once it comes out, you will forget about the delays and stuff and enjoy the epic game they made ... also blizzard dont give a F*** about our threads, just wait you cant change a thing :).

It was the lead producer who left.

This isn't all that big of a deal. A lead producer left shortly after the game was announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAyxY7mjzI

And it is probably a good bet that whoever was producing it in '05 left when the original studio was shut down.

And they may have lost one when all the Flagship guys left a couple of years before that...

Sense a trend? All of these guys are totally disposable and interchangable by design.

The only trend I sense is that production on this game has had many a producer leave before it going gold. That's not a good trend. I could see how producers could be disposable, but that still seems odd to me, as having to hire on new ones constantly in development can't be good for production. Perhaps this is the way video games work but if a producer left a movie midway through the movie would be in trouble. Blizz is hiring a new one right away for a reason.

That's not a good trend.

It is what it is. There isn't a single person from the original diablo team left. Most were gone over 8 years ago, all were gone as of 5 years ago. So, not exactly new news.

http://diablo.incgam...north-group.jpg
    Like... It sounds like they fucking have an expected launch date with that attitude! What's going on at Blizzard.

I'm not sure why people seem to think that Blizzard just comes up with a release date at the last minute, or that think if they have one, they need to immediately tell everyone. Blizzard isn't Walmart, the customer isn't always right here.

Of course they have an expected launch date (though, it probably resembles more of a launch "window"). I'm sure Blizzard has had *several* meetings in regards to when they're going to launch.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes