is it just me or this is getting more like bad joke?

okay, i am a bit of frustrated, not by the fact that they are keep pushing it back but the changes they keep making. I mean wtf!? beta should be testing, yes! bug fixing, yes, polishing the game to push it till release. but changing the entire system? shouldnt they be doing that before the beta? or internal alpha? Does blizzard lack of capable programmers or designers since the original diablo team left for Torchlight?

Just look at all the latest changes, removing MAJOR components of the game, such as artisan, which probably changing story lines. and the changes to demon hunter. Can they not think of that before even start building the game?

It is waaaay beyond polishing! I know blizzard is rich and all that, but this is just lame! Can you imagine, you have an assignment at school, which might not be perfect, but you tell your teacher that in order to make it "perfect" you want to change everything, and delay your deadline? will your teacher appreciate that? I dont think so. This means that as a company, that they dont know what they are doing, they lack of directory.

Maybe they end result will not be bad for a game, but i doubt if it will keep up with previous blizzard standards! I dont know any statistic, but as far as i can tell, SCII was not as successful as SC1. not even WC3.

Blizzard made a killing with WOW, and they are slacking with its "single" player games. for a tech company, if they cannot triumph their own, or lack of innovation, is the beginning of their downfall!
    Torchlight wasn't very good.

People can love Guild Wars all they want, it's sub-par to me.

And as for your post, cleaning up a few fucked up systems is polishing. They haven't radically altered anything, just dropped a few things and changed around a few other things. That is indeed what polish is.

That isn't to say this isn't taking too long, however. It's been an additional month so far, into 2012. If they don't have a release date in the next 3 or 4 weeks I'll probably cancel my pre-order. If they can't buckle down and crunch, and work extra hours (which I know Blizzard does), and finish the game in the next 3 or 4 weeks they don't deserve my cash.
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"
    It's called game development, most of which usually takes place behind closed doors and the gaming public doesn't get to see it happen. I am sure Blizzard will, from now on, keep these types of things to themselves because of the crying, whining and bitching by the speculating gamers. So, unless you're a game developer and have an understanding of such methods, don't tell Blizzard how to do their job.

I'd LOVE to know where people are getting this "keeps getting pushed back" nonsense from. They admited they wanted to release the game in December 2011. They've said they are aiming for an early 2012 release. That is ONE delay but some posters here seem to think that means they've delayed it many times. Learn to read.
    ok, has this cup of tea and ham doughnut ive brought you my friend and get urself together

they made changes because they wanted to, its beta, they gte feed back

but the designers will changer thier mind

Alpha was about 3 years ago...so times a change...so does ideas and personel

but the big thing here is.......The game is not delayed, it hasnt been pushed back (since last time)

its almost feburary and stuff happnes in feb

read over the threads, you will see that alot of stuff is done and its at end production (not 100%)

no need to get angry, read some of the threads the wonderful people have put up

(cant be arsed to fix my typos, im so drunk right noy)

open your mind and look at updates
    People wont remember the delay of the game, people will remember how polished it was when it got released!
    Quote from bugeric

okay, i am a bit of frustrated, not by the fact that they are keep pushing it back but the changes they keep making. I mean wtf!? beta should be testing, yes! bug fixing, yes, polishing the game to push it till release. but changing the entire system? shouldnt they be doing that before the beta? or internal alpha? Does blizzard lack of capable programmers or designers since the original diablo team left for Torchlight?

I take it you haven't read a single thread before you posted...The game is still on for "early 2012", as they stated in Sep last year... There's no need to get bitchy about Blizz pushing the game back again...ffs. Those system changes was probably getting implemented after the 2011-2012-delay announcement or at the beginning of the beta.

Quote from bugeric

Just look at all the latest changes, removing MAJOR components of the game, such as artisan, which probably changing story lines. and the changes to demon hunter. Can they not think of that before even start building the game?

There's a phase, you know, called "development". You can look up the meaning if you don't understand what it means. You can't complete a game on paper and start programming without ever changing stuff...there are some aspects of the game that must be felt within the game, while playing.

Quote from bugeric

It is waaaay beyond polishing! I know blizzard is rich and all that, but this is just lame! Can you imagine, you have an assignment at school, which might not be perfect, but you tell your teacher that in order to make it "perfect" you want to change everything, and delay your deadline? will your teacher appreciate that? I dont think so. This means that as a company, that they dont know what they are doing, they lack of directory.

They don't have a deadline, they can take as long as they want, it's their money and their game.

Quote from bugeric

Maybe they end result will not be bad for a game, but i doubt if it will keep up with previous blizzard standards! I dont know any statistic, but as far as i can tell, SCII was not as successful as SC1. not even WC3.

You are joking? Not keep up with previous Blizz standards? Just because the development time is longer than usual, doesn't mean the game will not keep up with Blizz's standards. It's the exact opposite! They are just busy making it perfect...
    Can we not just have one whining thread and all the others locked/deleted when they come out? Kind of the like the official release date speculation one?
    What's odd to me is to see so much being thrown out. Basic concepts of using scrolls in diablo have been thrown out for...a cast bar? If you don't want scrolls to take up bag space just give us a cool item that identifies things and isn't in our bag - don't toss out diablo staples just because streamlining the fuck out of your game will make it "more accessible" to people in comas. Etc. Etc. has recently been removed to just force the game out already while on the other hand they keep talking about not forcing the game out and taking their time.

To have the LEAD producer of Diablo leave before it is shipped? Weird and disconcerting.
    To have Blizzcon canceled and have multiple blue posts talking about how they want to get the game in our hands ASAP? Also odd.

It all makes me feel like there have been some problems behind closed doors with Diablo 3 and some shady shit is going on here. I hate conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but the whole thing does seem off. I'm over following Blizz and D3 now because of it.
    I'd rather have this, than skyrim for example wich is a really cool game, but so flawed in so many ways cause of bad polishing.
    Quote from dnavarre

Can we not just have one whining thread and all the others locked/deleted when they come out? Kind of the like the official release date speculation one?

no they would need to make a new one. the official release date QQ thread.

@molster (or other moderator) pls make and sticky so we can all cry in one place. thanks
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from Creepsville

What's odd to me is to see so much being thrown out. Basic concepts of using scrolls in diablo have been thrown out for...a cast bar? If you don't want scrolls to take up bag space just give us a cool item that identifies things and isn't in our bag - don't toss out diablo staples just because streamlining the fuck out of your game will make it "more accessible" to people in comas. Etc. Etc. has recently been removed to just force the game out already while on the other hand they keep talking about not forcing the game out and taking their time.

To have the LEAD producer of Diablo leave before it is shipped? Weird and disconcerting.
    To have Blizzcon canceled and have multiple blue posts talking about how they want to get the game in our hands ASAP? Also odd.

It all makes me feel like there have been some problems behind closed doors with Diablo 3 and some shady shit is going on here. I hate conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but the whole thing does seem off. I'm over following Blizz and D3 now because of it.

I agree I don't usually like to talk about these things usually they're false but honestly this time it just doesn't add up. The games been in production since 05 we know that, it's changed hands and direction numerous times, many art reiteration and more iterations of stupid little systems. It seems odd that they had their Lead designer leave, and not only that drastic changes to systems are being made pretty late in development. I agree things change but this stuff should've been nailed a while back. The Skill/runesystem should've been nailed as soon as alpha was made. The fact that it's taking this long is not a good sign. Then for them to try and say they're rushing to get the game to us by cutting things out, and not having a Blizzcon because apparently Blizzcon take too much time away from making their games.. It just seems off somethings happening that we don't know about. It's hurting the game and I don't like it.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quote from Entity

Quote from Creepsville

I agree I don't usually like to talk about these things usually they're false but honestly this time it just doesn't add up. The games been in production since 05 we know that, it's changed hands and direction numerous times, many art reiteration and more iterations of stupid little systems. It seems odd that they had their Lead designer leave, and not only that drastic changes to systems are being made pretty late in development. I agree things change but this stuff should've been nailed a while back. The Skill/runesystem should've been nailed as soon as alpha was made. The fact that it's taking this long is not a good sign. Then for them to try and say they're rushing to get the game to us by cutting things out, and not having a Blizzcon because apparently Blizzcon take too much time away from making their games.. It just seems off somethings happening that we don't know about. It's hurting the game and I don't like it.

blizzcon is not on cos there is nothing to bring to it

wen MoP and D3 is out theres nothing else till late 2013 mid 2014

entity dont be scared my little pink Uni-rabbit.....................its coming and it will be super good

ye stuff has changed in game and in house over the years since alpha....but its gona be fine

stay with us, dont stray into the darkside, there are bad people over there
    Quote from Creepsville

The designer leaving could just mean that the game is done enough that he can move on and do something else he wants to do. You never know, he could have gone into D3 saying "Ok this is my last rodeo".

As for problems, there's definitely something wrong with the paypal stuff. We should have had details about that by now.
    I, too, am very confused about what this shit with cutting stuff out is.

"In both cases these are features we felt were underdeveloped and just not quite good enough for the game in their current state. "

That quote... I thought they were taking their time to polish and release it when it's ready, that's what they've been telling us, but apparently not enough that they won't cut shit out because it can't make it to launch?

Like... It sounds like they fucking have an expected launch date with that attitude! What's going on at Blizzard.
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"
    Quote from LordRayken

Like... It sounds like they fucking have an expected launch date with that attitude! What's going on at Blizzard.

DONT JINX IT MOTHER F**KER!

:x
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from FreddyBenson

entity dont be scared my little pink Uni-rabbit.....................its coming and it will be super good

ye stuff has changed in game and in house over the years since alpha....but its gona be fine

Not nessecarily. Blizzcon is where they showcase whatever they have, I doubt MoP will be out until after August and Same with HoTS, I mean if they plan to release D3 in mid year then HoTS will be released late with MoP around christmas time. Not only that they could start to showcase Titan. I mean it's been in development for a good ~3 years maybe four can't really remember but that is about how long it took them to start showcasing Diablo 3. I think if anything It's because they feel Blizzcon takes up too much time and it diverges from them making good games. Plus they don't want a repeat of D3 ever again where they constantly have to feed the public and then gett torn a new asshole by them because they feel shit just dont look good. But once everyone plays beta they're all like I WANT MOAR ITS AWESHUM... so really they should have a blizzcon this year and if not they have to have one next year no ifs ands or buts otherwise they'll never show off anything.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Here is the bottom line.. that I think we all should agree on.. if we are actual fans who are going to play the game

When the Beta started.. we all thought "yay!! Beta's last 3-4 months, so we should have the game by January"

So, we are sad that we don't have the game yet. But that doesn't mean we want the game to the detriment of how good it is.

Look, I want the game to be out now, but not because I want them to just release it.. I want it to be perfect NOW..

So, we wait
    Quote from Entity

Quote from FreddyBenson

Not nessecarily. Blizzcon is where they showcase whatever they have, I doubt MoP will be out until after August and Same with HoTS, I mean if they plan to release D3 in mid year then HoTS will be released late with MoP around christmas time. Not only that they could start to showcase Titan. I mean it's been in development for a good ~3 years maybe four can't really remember but that is about how long it took them to start showcasing Diablo 3. I think if anything It's because they feel Blizzcon takes up too much time and it diverges from them making good games. Plus they don't want a repeat of D3 ever again where they constantly have to feed the public and then gett torn a new asshole by them because they feel shit just dont look good. But once everyone plays beta they're all like I WANT MOAR ITS AWESHUM... so really they should have a blizzcon this year and if not they have to have one next year no ifs ands or buts otherwise they'll never show off anything.

They wouldn't showcase Titan even if there was a Blizzcon this year. The idea that Blizzcon takes time away from Devs may make sense, but it's really not the main issue.

They really have absolutely nothing to show at one, so instead of naming it Blizzcon where there are certain expectations from people, they call it an eSports tounrment where no one is expecting new information.

2012 is the year of D3, MoP, and HOTS. There's nothing else to do with those games besides release them, so no reason for a Blizzcon.
    Torchlight = terrible. Ok now let's get past that.

I'm confused why you are mad they are making changes, when EVERY company does this, and Blizzard has acted JUST like this on all their other games. The difference is they are letting us look at their development cycle. I'll ask this question again, would you honestly pick the 2008 version of D3 over the newest version (without runestones, and the other major systems) if it meant you could get it a couple months earlier? Most sane people would answer no.

Long story short, creating an entire thread to complain that you can't play a video game yet is ridiculous. It's their company, their video game, and we aren't entitled to anything. In fact it's the opposite; It's a privilege they give us to let us play their games.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I would have prefered it if they had started the hype later as now all the hype has fizzled out, at least for me. I will still buy Diablo III, I will still love it, and it will still ruin my real life, but at this point in time I don't care any more, with no release date in sight and no chance of ever getting into the beta there's just no reason to keep stressing over it.
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes