A4_dun_Spire_SigilRoom_B Holy Sanctum
    A4_dun_Spire_SigilRoom_C Radiant Chapel
    A4_dun_Spire_SigilRoom_D Tabernacle of Light

and

A4_dun_Hell_Portal_01 Hell Rift
    A4_dun_Hell_Portal_02 Hell Rift
    A4_dun_Hell_Portal_03 Gateway to Hell

After seeing this, questions appear!

- Whats with the "heaven-like" area names?
    - In the scripted Diablo event, he's mentioned as THE Prime Evil, which means hes most likely the last demon boss.
    - In the datamined info, it was found that there are 6 acts, so by having Diablo, Belial, Lilith and Azmodan, that leaves 2 more acts to cover... Will we be battling archangels?!
    
    There are SIX acts?!!??

/mindexplosion
    MONKSPUNK
    Act 5 and 6 are almost certainly placeholders for the already planned expansions.
    I think we're in for some brain secks and huge spoilers. My guess is there's a sudden twist when we go deep into heaven and there's a door to hell in the end of it.
    If you have srs bzns to conduct with me, better send a private message.
    Why warn about spoilers if the spoilers are in the title. Thanks. I was trying to avoid the spoilers but your title gave it away.
    The spire is the building on Diablo's twitter page. It's showed up in a few pieces of artwork.
    You were warned, and anything from that title out of your pretty little head would be speculation. Not the hard facts that were datamined.

Now shoo, run along now.
    i think we are going to have to fight to prevent hell from invading heaven. Just from what I have read on that site.
    Quote from AcidReign

The spire is the building on Diablo's twitter page. It's showed up in a few pieces of artwork.

Really? Because on the datamined files, the Spire has some heaven-like goodie-two-shoes named areas, and on the twitter image it looks evil and hellish-like.

It seems like there will be alot of lore regarding the archangels and the angiris council:

Taken from the Lore section:
    AngirisCouncil The Angiris Council
    AngirisCouncil_Malthael Widegirth Malthael, Formerly the Aspect of Wisdom
    AngirisCouncil_Auriel Widegirth Auriel, the Aspect of Hope
    AngirisCouncil_Itherael Widegirth Itherael, the Aspect of Fate
    AngirisCouncil_Imperius Widegirth Imperius, the Aspect of Valor
    AngirisCouncil_Bridle Widegirth Bridle, the Aspect of Justice

Maybe Hell trumps over Heaven after all? :d3d: ---pew--pew--pew--> :tyrael: (blargh*dead*)
    All this spoilerage is blowing my mind
    Quote from Tonikor

Quote from AcidReign

Really? Because on the datamined files, the Spire has some heaven-like goodie-two-shoes named areas, and on the twitter image it looks evil and hellish-like.

It seems like there will be alot of lore regarding the archangels and the angiris council:

Maybe Hell trumps over Heaven after all? :d3d: ---pew--pew--pew--> :tyrael: (blargh*dead*)

What? Tyrael is the Aspect of Justice. Whats going on here...
    Quote from Tonikor

Quote from AcidReign

What I'd like to see would be for Heaven and Sanctuary to have Hell almost beaten, then Sanctuary turns on Heaven before Heaven turns on Sanctuary and then Sanctuary defeats Heaven, and then in comes the expansion where we have to turn around and defeat Hell.
    I have a feeling there will be a lot of Diablo: The Sin War trilogy lore pouring out in this first episode of Diablo III.

I heard someone recently speculate the Witch Adria is in reality a disguised Lilith. That would so make a lot of sense. The children manipulated to turn against Heaven and Hell?
    Perhaps when Tyrael destroyed the Worldstone he was no longer considered to be the Angel of Justice and so that particular angel is his replacement. Also noticed one of the titls said Former Aspect of Wisdom.
    Bridle is just the placeholder that blizzard has in place of Tyrael in the notes.
    Quote from Tonikor

best quote ever LMFAO seriously
    Quote from Medievaldragon

I have a feeling there will be a lot of Diablo: The Sin War trilogy lore pouring out in this first episode of Diablo III.

I heard someone recently speculate the Witch Adria is in reality a disguised Lilith. That would so make a lot of sense. The children manipulated to turn against Heaven and Hell?

Except for the fact that the sin wars happened before Diablo 1 and that Lilith was permanently banished by Inarius, therefore how can Adria the witch from Diablo 1 be lilith :)
    Quote from Ltbogan

Quote from Medievaldragon

Except for the fact that the sin wars happened before Diablo 1 and that Lilith was permanently banished by Inarius, therefore how can Adria the witch from Diablo 1 be lilith :)

1. Look up my interview with Richard A. Knaak (circa January 20, 2008) before Diablo III was officially announced.

Medievaldragon: How much of the book is creation of yours, and how involved is Chris Metzen behind the canon storyline of Diablo: The Sin War Trilogy? Do you think the ramifications of this book impact in the storyline of Diablo 3 the game?

Knaak: This is a pure collaboration between myself and Chris Metzen/Blizzard. All that is written is passed by him and the others there. This will be canon and has adjusted earlier info. The ramifications here will be used for any future project … and I ain’t writing for a dead game. smile

That was the very first time ever Diablo III development was hinted.

Diablo III was announced June 27, 2008 at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals in Paris.

2. Lilith was banished by Inarius. Diablo, Baal and Mephisto were defeated by the Horadrim. And they were freed. Diablo was killed in Diablo II ... yet he is coming back in Diablo III .... what makes you think Lilith somehow didn't return? Or that she ended up disguised as Adria to continue meddling with the children.

The Sin War happened 3 thousand years in the past of Sanctuary. All the nephalem's memories were stripped except for Uldyssian's brother who kept the memories. However, Mephisto did keep the memories of that event. Who's to say Mephisto didn't rescue his daughter Lilith? There are bits of the lore that haven't been completely revealed and are open for development such as Izual's betrayal which happened in the past. Izual revealed he worked in unison with the Primal Evils all along. It's very possible Lilith could have been freed from that fate. Now that I remember even Mendeln found Lilith in that sort of void where Inarius sent her to.

3. The Pandemonium Event seems to reveal Lilith returned:
    http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Pandemonium_Event
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes