[Guide] Comprehensive CMWW Guide [PRE 2.0 PATCH]

Hello fellow CMWW Wizards,

I could use some advice on what to upgrade. I didnt want to make a new topic since there are so many in existence and figured I could easily get some help here. I know none of my gear is great, heck most of its probably pure trash. I have about a 100mil to spend right now for upgrades. Right now I can safely run MP5 with little death and fairly effectively. But I'm not sure what I should upgrade first. Also not sure if I should go big and spend the 100mil for a single upgrade or for several. I am loving the 2.73 APS compared to the 2.5 APS so I would like to keep that. I am thinking upgrading to a Chanto with Increased AS so that I can replace the Lucani bracers with something better. Any suggestions on what I should upgrade first would be greatly appreciated (if you know a general idea of price) that would be awesome that way I don't go wasting money, paying more then what an items worth.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Latura-1946/hero/13421093
    Quote from safka

Could use some insight again as I finally grinded my way to a better lollipop stick which was cheaper than I expected it to be, so I have a small amount of gold left.

I was considering getting a litany with AS for my next upgrade, but I am not really sure because I will lose ehp but as I understand that %DR against elites is a massive mitigation and ehp boost?

http://d3up.com/b/859004#gear

Litany is a beastly EHP ring against elites. The DR% against elites is worth like 60-100 AR, roughly. They're lower dps than rare rings but really hard to beat in terms of EHP+DPS combination. I have a column in my recent DPS/EHP spreadsheet that includes elite damage reduction if you want to get an idea of how much your mitigation changes with a litany.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    But I'm not sure what I should upgrade first. Also not sure if I should go big and spend the 100mil for a single upgrade or for several.

http://d3up.com/b/859970#gear is the link for your d3up profile. You can play with your stats and simulate gear to see the outcome.

Regarding 1 upgrade vs several, I can`t help you there... I always have the same problem =(.
    Right of the bat, I would say that your amulet needs crit. You can try crafting one, but it can be very frustrating. Upgrading your chantodo set is a good idea too. Try getting a main hand with a socket.

Litany is a beastly EHP ring against elites. The DR% against elites is worth like 60-100 AR, roughly. They're lower dps than rare rings but really hard to beat in terms of EHP+DPS combination. I have a column in my recent DPS/EHP spreadsheet that includes elite damage reduction if you want to get an idea of how much your mitigation changes with a litany.

I changed some stats on d3up and it is a very tough call. Vit on my ring gives me 25.2k EHP, while 7% DR vs Elites gives me 25.1k EHP. Litany is still better for mitigation (against everything) because of a bit higher resists.
    Okay so I quickly checked the guide because I had a really nooby question but since this it's not covered I figured I'd post it here instead of creating a new topic, and maybe a few words on this would be helpful in the guide for other players as well. ;)

It's about the blur passive, and the fact that UA sucks. Sure it was ideal in KD2 runs because of the fallen maniacs, but I feel it has much less utility now. E.g. in act 1 runs the only use it has imo is savage beasts, and there you can easily take a side step or teleport out of the way. In basically every other situation it knocks monsters away and out of your twisters and thus your healing, and in situations where it actually triggers it's not a rarity that you die 1 second later anyway (poison trees in fields of misery, I'm looking at you). Moreover, I'm playing via a crappy 3G connection at the moment with usually around 220-280 ms latency, so I was in need for more mitigation generally.

Thus I switched to blur, and it actually FEELS like its mitigation also applies to elite affixes, and some people claim it does, but despite looking for quite some time I didn't find a reliable source. After a few hours of testing, it feels like a huge increase in gameplay tbh. Unfortunately I don't know whether my subjective impression is correct because due to my bad connection it could be that the feeling of a survivability increase is just because some more WW ticks get through from time to time (sometimes the whole build works smoothly, sometimes... not so much).

So the simple but very crucial question is: Does anyone here know for sure whether blur mitigates elite affices, in other words, is it certain that plagued, arcane, fire chains, molten, desecrate, electrified are considered melee damage?
    Some are considered melee damage, so it applies to some of those. Specifically molten explosions and arcane are considered melee. There's a post on the official forums somewhere with more specifics that you should be able to search for. Otherwise blur is a decent option, and it feels like savage beast charge is considered melee, so if you get enough EHP to survive a molten explosion, or it puts you over the EHP needed to survive a charge, then it's a viable option. Some still prefer to use Evocation though, so maybe that's worth considering (assuming CM+CB for other slots).
    My Wizard
    How important is the Crit Hit % on Storm Crow?
    Is it possible to go for a Storm Crow with an OS so I can use a Ruby for levelling Paragon level instead?
    Crit is pretty important. IMO it's the most important stat since higher crit gives higher effective dps (not just char sheet dps) and gives better survivability in the form of more DS refreshes and better freeze uptime on elites. Also, since SNS can run high MP, the use of a ruby for paragon is largely outweighed by the bonus XP due to the MP level. That means you might get increased farming efficiency with the crit roll than the bonus xp from ruby, in addition to the survivability gains.

In short, I wouldn't get anything except crit if you're going the SC route.
    My Wizard
    Is CMWW still viable in RoS? Have people tried it? Looking through changes, there does not seem to be anything specifically targeted at disabling this build, but I might have missed something and haven't played in ages.
    As far as I am aware, it's not viable Zubacz. The critical mass passive has been removed entirely.

Yeah, Critical Mass made this build possible, and Critical Mass doesn't exist anymore. There's no CMWW or any CMWW-like game play in RoS anymore.
    Quote from GingerAnger
    As far as I am aware, it's not viable Zubacz. The critical mass passive has been removed entirely.

Right. I guess I should have expected this:) Thanks for the quick answers guys.
    a minute of silence for CC, it was great while it lasted... maybe too great for Sanctuary :(

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D

Unpinning due to obvious reasons.

Ha. Bagstone.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes